Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
OK, so has more incentive to lie here?

How is McCarron served by a lie, particularly since his school benefits the longer Harsin stays there?

I can absolutely see Auburn doing this, although Terry Bowden left them holding a very heavy bag when that happened in 1998. Then again, he was coming off a rather successful five-year run, too; Harsin isn't.

I realize there are a few Auburn fans who see conspiracies behind every tree and who actually have convinced themselves AJ did this "cuz he's a-fred uh us beaten im 'n' iz team!" But seriously - how could this have stirred up more of a hornet's nest than already exists there?

I can see why Auburn would lie; I cannot see one good reason why AJ would. Some yutz on Twitter today said the only thing AJ knew with certainty was how quick he could run from the field to the sideline at JHS. I told that ole boy AJ also knew how many times in a row an Auburn coach had to give up 49 points to Alabama to get fired, which is two (2011-2012).

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
OK, so has more incentive to lie here?

How is McCarron served by a lie, particularly since his school benefits the longer Harsin stays there?

I can absolutely see Auburn doing this, although Terry Bowden left them holding a very heavy bag when that happened in 1998. Then again, he was coming off a rather successful five-year run, too; Harsin isn't.

I realize there are a few Auburn fans who see conspiracies behind every tree and who actually have convinced themselves AJ did this "cuz he's a-fred uh us beaten im 'n' iz team!" But seriously - how could this have stirred up more of a hornet's nest than already exists there?

I can see why Auburn would lie; I cannot see one good reason why AJ would. Some yutz on Twitter today said the only thing AJ knew with certainty was how quick he could run from the field to the sideline at JHS. I told that ole boy AJ also knew how many times in a row an Auburn coach had to give up 49 points to Alabama to get fired, which is two (2011-2012).
So, the man who told AJ "in confidence" is ranting about him talking about this on Twitter. He's mad that AJ betrayed his confidence but completely forgets that he betrayed someone else's confidence by telling AJ. Rules for thee but not for me I suppose. I 100% believe that Harsin knows he done at Auburn. I also think Auburn already knows who they want to hire, and if they hire the AD that is rumored down here, then my suspicions might just come to fruition.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Maybe we can help Harsin out by letting awburn rally late in the 4th and lose 28-27. They gotz to keep him then....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ehhhhhhh we're arguably a top 15 program all time by most metrics. SEC likely top third.
I don't really argue that point, I just thought some of the back and forth Twitter was hilarious on McCarron and everything else.

(I did a ranking system ONLY from 2012 in response to a blowhard Aggie claiming they were second-best or third at worst in the SEC from 12-20, and it was hilarious. My ranking had you guys fifth IN THAT LIMITED TIME FRAME, which included that 3-9 horror show).

Auburn is 13th overall in wins (but 5th in a 14-team league) and 14th in winning pct among teams with 1200 or more games played, so Top 15 for Auburn is absolutely reasonable. (Yes, App St and Boise and Coastal Carolina have higher winning percentages, but who are we kidding?)

As far as the SEC, obviously Alabama is first, so who else in the SEC ranks ahead of Auburn in the broad view of things? Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU probably all rate higher than Auburn (the biggest question mark is Tennessee because of the last 20 years. They have a higher winning pct and more wins, but the same number of national titles and are -7 in the head-to-head).

Reactions: Padreruf

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Also 1989 is a pretty arbitrary cutoff. We had some success under Dye.
True.

And while you've never done this or argue thusly, this was probably done because there is an entire contingency of online Auburn fans who cherry pick the year they want to start from - including one in the replies to that tweet who went with "since 2000, the series is even." Uh, why 2000? Why not include 1996-1999, when Alabama won 3 of 4 (and should have won the fourth but poor Ed Scissum).

I've run into other Auburn fans - again no reflection on you or, in fact, many fine Auburn fans I know - who want to say "we've had more undefeated seasons and fewer probations since 1993." They don't even count the probation THAT BEGAN IN 1993!!! But they DO count the basketball probation against the football team, it's utter madness to me.

The going joke now is how many Auburn fans discovered in the past two weeks that Auburn has a volleyball team now that they're good and winning while the football team is, well, we'll see.

As a reminder, I catch all kinds of hell on this board by pointing out that any Alabama fan who thinks we deserve the 1977 national championship either has to be admit Auburn deserves the 1983 title or be a hypocrite.

Reactions: CB4

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Maybe arbitrary, but eminently defensible,. With the 1990 hiring of Stallings, 1989 marks the end of the era in which Auburn should have been expected to outperform its previous 25 years: the final Bryant years, followed by the Perkins dalliance, and finally the Curry debacle.
Why any cutoff at all?

The Iron Bowl resumed in 1948.
Shug Jordan began at Auburn in 1951.
Bryant began at Alabama in 1958.

Start in 1948 and let them count Jordan, who was a fine head coach, and all of Bryant.

Problem solved.

Auburn led 7-4-1 when the series halted.

Since 1948, it’s 44-30-1 Alabama.

Dye was a solid coach, although our hirings helped him. But he DID beat Bryant head-to-head.

The only other reasonable start date is the scholarship reductions that leveled the playing field in 1976. That cuts off when Alabama has a major advantage because Bryant loaded up.

Even at that, we’re 26-20.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
True.

The going joke now is how many Auburn fans discovered in the past two weeks that Auburn has a volleyball team now that they're good and winning while the football team is, well, we'll see.
"We're a basketball school....I mean a volleyball school...no, wait.... I mean an equestrian school....I'm so confused....."

1664553697629.png

• Haha
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.