Question: Which SEC team on our schedule will be the most challenging in 2022?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
@Tennessee is #1 by a large margin and then
@Arkansas (tough road game)
@LSU (road game against an improving team)
Ole Miss (always dangerous, but it's at home)
TAMU (I expect a bloodbath)
Miss State (Bama has beaten MSU 49-9 and 41-0 under Leach)
AU (they will probably have an interim coach by this point)
Austin Peay (no comment necessary)
I think I would agree with your order, but I do think Ole Miss is away, so I might switch Ole Miss and LSU right now.

Reactions: Tide&True

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I think I would agree with your order, but I do think Ole Miss is away, so I might switch Ole Miss and LSU right now.
Until we play consistently better on the road....I'll just expect that we'll have tight games.

Arkansas has an ok offense, but questionable secondary.
UT has an offense, but questionable D.
LSU offense isn't great, but their D is coming along.
Ole Miss has an offense and an ok D.

The biggest question mark for me is still.....Do we improve playing on the road? If we do, we win them all. If we don't, we may still win them all, but it'll be close like last year.

We have to have that killer instinct....play just down right mean....make the other team wish they hadn't even shown up.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm not too worried about the Vols. Their best wins are over Pittsburgh and Florida, both decent teams, but neither team is close to Alabama.

What helps the Vols this year is playing at home. Just like Texas, they're starving for a big win. They've got the Florida monkey off their back, but in a way off year for Florida.

Take the crowd out of the game early in Knoxville, and it should be a cake walk. Let the Vols hang around, it'll be another Texas.

That being said, I agree the Vols are our most challenging SEC opponent at this time.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
@Tennessee is #1 by a large margin and then
@Arkansas (tough road game)
@LSU (road game against an improving team)
Ole Miss (always dangerous, but it's at home)
TAMU (I expect a bloodbath)
Miss State (Bama has beaten MSU 49-9 and 41-0 under Leach)
AU (they will probably have an interim coach by this point)
Austin Peay (no comment necessary)
Ole Miss is on the ROAD !!!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tennessee I don’t fear as much. We dodged a bullet in CBS making the game a 2:30 game instead of a 7pm game. It will be far more tolerable. Hooker is good, but Tennessee too often gets in their own way. Tennessee’s defense is just not that great. We usually pound them in Knoxville and it’s usually a scare in Tuscaloosa.

Ole Miss has the potential to be a dangerous game and Kiffin will have plenty of tape and time to prepare. So I would say that Ole Miss is the toughest game on paper.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I said from the start of the year Ark and Ut would be our toughest test this year. Nothing has changed for me to have a different opinion. Really surprised at the 17.5 pt line. Expected around 7.

I have not read Jess' full write up on the game. I was pressed for time and skipped to the end. I am about to read the rest. Based on his recap, we do not have a LOS advantage and must be able to exploit their secondary weakness with our WR, which up to this point has not been consistent, to be nice. And w/o a LOS advantage will we have time to throw the ball? are we going to trust BOB to have a game plan to do this? Jess believes our overall depth will play out in the end, but college football is funny and you let a team think they have a chance and hang around in the 4th quarter, especially at home and funny things happen - see A&M last year.

I am not going into this game thinking we will lose, but I am not thinking it will be a cake walk either. I do LOVE this defense!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I agree with 92tide. Alabama. This team is too talented not to be special. The 4 game preseason schedule should be enough to sort things out. We will see

Reactions: 92tide

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
To me, all the road games will be challenging. Hopefully, Bama wins them all, starting today. No injuries.

Arkansas has a decent team, TN has a really good offense, LSU will probably be better by the time Bama plays them, and Ole Miss offense looks good so far. If Bama handles the road game today better than the Texas game and keeps improving with the crowd noise issue, then I can see Bama winning all the road games. If not, it will be a long stressful season for me. lol

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Many teams will be a challenge. Arky, UT, Ole Miss, LSU, and of course Auburn. No matter how bad they are, they will rise up for their Superbowl. I think we're up for it and we could definitely be undefeated and tested before meeting Georgia in Atlanta.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Many teams will be a challenge. Arky, UT, Ole Miss, LSU, and of course Auburn. No matter how bad they are, they will rise up for their Superbowl. I think we're up for it and we could definitely be undefeated and tested before meeting Georgia in Atlanta.
Ark may likely be the easiest of those 4, but Alabama should be able to win all 4 with their B game.
AU should be no trouble. Alabama has won fairly easily vs AU in BDS, crushed them in 4 of the last 7; 42-13, 52-21, 49-0, 36-0, won comfortably 30-12, a scary 55-44 game but had full control in the 4th qtr, then the loss over a decade ago.

Reactions: theballguy

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Ark may likely be the easiest of those 4, but Alabama should be able to win all 4 with their B game.
AU should be no trouble. Alabama has won fairly easily vs AU in BDS, crushed them in 4 of the last 7; 42-13, 52-21, 49-0, 36-0, won comfortably 30-12, a scary 55-44 game but had full control in the 4th qtr, then the loss over a decade ago.
As always I hope the dissenters to my prognostications are always right. Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.