Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Hogs...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Back to Bama/Arkansas game:

My quick thoughts:

1) Young injury likely will keep him out for a game or 2. Saban said it's day to day, but I'm not too sure.
2) Seth Maclaughlin Did hell of a job tonight, but his snap is a concern, but I think it's correctable. Does he win the job over Dalcourt? I don't know. I think we'll see rotation at C next weekend.
3) Running game came alive, and I don't know if it's because of McLaughin or OL finally clicking.... or we were holding back, but either way, It was pretty sight to watch.

4) Milroe is very raw as a Passer, but we must remember AJ, Mac, Jalen and Tua wasn't ready at one time. I really wish we would use Milroe more in running game, but I suspect they may be saving for later.

5) Did anyone know who was the third Star after Branch/Moore went out? Kool Aid. Kid went in Blind and had no clue and he did okay job.

6) This game would've been a blowout if we hadn't make critical mistakes.

Overall, If Young isn't able to go, I think we will be okay against TAMU.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

My quick thoughts:

1) Young injury likely will keep him out for a game or 2. Saban said it's day to day, but I'm not too sure.
2) Seth Maclaughlin Did hell of a job tonight, but his snap is a concern, but I think it's correctable. Does he win the job over Dalcourt? I don't know. I think we'll see rotation at C next weekend.
3) Running game came alive, and I don't know if it's because of McLaughin or OL finally clicking.... or we were holding back, but either way, It was pretty sight to watch.

4) Milroe is very raw as a Passer, but we must remember AJ, Mac, Jalen and Tua wasn't ready at one time. I really wish we would use Milroe more in running game, but I suspect they may be saving for later.

5) Did anyone know who was the third Star after Branch/Moore went out? Kool Aid. Kid went in Blind and had no clue and he did okay job.

All those points, spot on!!!

Reactions: JustNeedMe81

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

My quick thoughts:

I didn't catch that about Kool-aid. Dude is a baller. It's just a matter of time until he break a punt return for a TD.

He's also become a lock-down corner. I don't know why teams keep throwing at him.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I didn't catch that about Kool-aid. Dude is a baller. It's just a matter of time until he break a punt return for a TD.

He's also become a lock-down corner. I don't know why teams keep throwing at him.
If they haven't respected him as of today, in few weeks they will. I think they kept coming at him because of his performance in playoff.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well they had trouble of beating us until they finally did. In 95 they needed the refs to beat us for the first time in years, and then they started to beat us when Nutt got to play against the Mikes.

I think @selmaborntidefan was in Arkansas when they beat iirc
I was there in 1995 when the infamous "12 men on the field" followed by the J J Meadors trap happened, yes. My life was a living hell that year.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Yeah, it was great to see those 3 runs, but let's face it, they were more about Arkansas's poor defense.

We still didn't run the ball with much consistency outside those 3 plays.
My guess is, after Bryce went out, they were watching for more runs. Didn't figure Milroe would pass much. And those 3 long runs count. The 2 by Gibbs were good plays, with the OL doing a great job. And Milroe was doing a Milroe thing. It's what he's good at.

Reactions: NCRollTider and Con

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Eeyores were out in full force in the 2nd half game thread. Milroe performed as well as you could hope QB 2 could. Handed a 14-0 game and went on to lead 5 TD drives including the spark Bama needed in the 3Q.

Some were saying “just run the offense.” Not that simple with Milroe. I think this could be a fun offense to watch that’s run heavy with running to pass.
Some of them are still out.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My guess is, after Bryce went out, they were watching for more runs. Didn't figure Milroe would pass much. And those 3 long runs count. The 2 by Gibbs were good plays, with the OL doing a great job. And Milroe was doing a Milroe thing. It's what he's good at.
That's one thing that bothered me... BOB could've at least called Designed plays for Milroe, but at same time, they didn't practice for that this week. I got a feeling Bama will focus on that next week.

If Young plays next week and game is out of control early on, they will take him out immediately and let Milroe plays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.