Game Thread: UGA - Mizzou Game Thread

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I read a byline this morning that Georgia shouldn’t be dinged for almost losing to Mizzou (and having their hands full with KENT STATE!) but Bama got slammed for squeaking by Texas. Same as it ever was.
And I forgot pre-picks, but Mizzou upset the dawgs at Columbus a few years back when the dawgs were highly ranked. Should’ve seen this coming.
SB IV is no longer in the Heisman discussion (never should have been). He is not now and never was more than an average CFB QB. A poster on (I think) Dawg Nation laid out all the history, going back to last year. I especially liked the comment about his “unicorn “ tight ends.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
All week we are going to hear the following about GA:

1. There resiliency.
2. Battled tested and ready for a run at repeating.
3. They have the "heart of a champion" because they came back and beat the "might" Missouri Tigers.

None of that changes the fact that GA has basically stunk for 2 weeks now. Voters won't drop GA and jump Bama because reasons.

It's ok, though. Bama can make their mark in December, should these two teams meet.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
All week we are going to hear the following about GA:

1. There resiliency.
2. Battled tested and ready for a run at repeating.
3. They have the "heart of a champion" because they came back and beat the "might" Missouri Tigers.

None of that changes the fact that GA has basically stunk for 2 weeks now. Voters won't drop GA and jump Bama because reasons.

It's ok, though. Bama can make their mark in December, should these two teams meet.
Literally the very first statement Dari Noka made last night on SEC Football Final.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Missouri just isn't a team capable of getting out of its own way to finish an upset like that. Even their coach looked scared.

Then their QB made some of the worst decisions to throw after they got behind....I mean they were terrible, his receivers had no chance.

Missouri looked like the kid that got picked on having the bully on the ropes....then the bully wakes up and the kid gets scared again.
Honestly I think we would boat race Georgia if our OC could get out of his own way. Stetson Bennett and Monken have yet to have a great game vs Golding after 3 games. They won the national championship because of what our offense didn’t do.

What Mizzou did was basically what we have done Against them. Get in their face with pressure and show how mediocre Stetson Bennett is.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I read a byline this morning that Georgia shouldn’t be dinged for almost losing to Mizzou (and having their hands full with KENT STATE!) but Bama got slammed for squeaking by Texas. Same as it ever was.
And I forgot pre-picks, but Mizzou upset the dawgs at Columbus a few years back when the dawgs were highly ranked. Should’ve seen this coming.
SB IV is no longer in the Heisman discussion (never should have been). He is not now and never was more than an average CFB QB. A poster on (I think) Dawg Nation laid out all the history, going back to last year. I especially liked the comment about his “unicorn “ tight ends.
And that is why Paul Finebaum is wrong when he said that GA has passed Bama bye as the elite football program. Until GA as a program is judged more harshly and differently than the rest of CFB, they are not the "king" of college football. IOW, until Saban retires, GA=Avongers/Avingers as Bama=Avengers.

Reactions: uafan4life

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.