Game Thread: LSU at Auburn (ESPN 6p CT)

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Both teams play hard defensively but have some offensive issues. For LSU Boutte has not been the same player this year.

Reactions: seebell

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'd be real curious to see a poll conducted of Alabama fans published in (what used to be called the) newspaper regarding, "Should Auburn fire Bryan Harsin or not?" Those polls were all over the place when Shula was in the cross hairs, and, of course, fans of Auburn and LSU and Tennessee thought we should keep Shula, citing the "well, he took over a program on probation" and "unrealistic expectations" and all that nonsense that was code for, "We can beat Shula, we're not so sure about the next hire."

If you're asking me as an objective observer, Harsin needs to be fired this morning, and maybe Cadillac Williams or someone should be the interim so Auburn can have some time to get the hire right this go around. If you're asking me as an Alabama fan, they need to give Harsin a 20-year extension because Saban is about to be 71, won't be around forever, and that will provide stability to the program going forward as he beats the next guy. Yeah, I'm blowing smoke.

The reality, though, is that Auburn has only hit one home run with a hire in the past 40 years or so. And they sort of lucked into that one. Barn fans might argue Tuberville, but he never would have been there for a decade without Alabama concurrently trying to blow up their own program helping him, either. Senator Tubs needs to be sending thank you donations to the clowns who hired Dubious, Price, and Shula because otherwise he wouldn't be in the Senate right now. I can spot a tad bit of grace on Franchione in the sense he actually beat a favored Auburn his first year and had the better team when he simply didn't even try the second year.

What's bizarre to me is this: Auburn rewards loyalty to a fault much like a Mafia don would, but the hiring of Harsin appeared from the outside to be an opportunity to move past that flaw in their process. The fact it has backfired so spectacularly is liable to push them back to closing ranks about the fambly and that's why I'm not gonna be surprised if someone who has long affiliation with Auburn get the job next in an effort to go back to what's comfortable.

(Note: I don't mean what I'm saying as a unique criticism to Auburn, either; the obsession with "a coach who played for Coach Bryant" gave up Mike DuBose, who was probably less qualified to be the Alabama head coach than I was at the time).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'd be real curious to see a poll conducted of Alabama fans published in (what used to be called the) newspaper regarding, "Should Auburn fire Bryan Harsin or not?" Those polls were all over the place when Shula was in the cross hairs, and, of course, fans of Auburn and LSU and Tennessee thought we should keep Shula, citing the "well, he took over a program on probation" and "unrealistic expectations" and all that nonsense that was code for, "We can beat Shula, we're not so sure about the next hire."

If you're asking me as an objective observer, Harsin needs to be fired this morning, and maybe Cadillac Williams or someone should be the interim so Auburn can have some time to get the hire right this go around. If you're asking me as an Alabama fan, they need to give Harsin a 20-year extension because Saban is about to be 71, won't be around forever, and that will provide stability to the program going forward as he beats the next guy. Yeah, I'm blowing smoke.

The reality, though, is that Auburn has only hit one home run with a hire in the past 40 years or so. And they sort of lucked into that one. Barn fans might argue Tuberville, but he never would have been there for a decade without Alabama concurrently trying to blow up their own program helping him, either. Senator Tubs needs to be sending thank you donations to the clowns who hired Dubious, Price, and Shula because otherwise he wouldn't be in the Senate right now. I can spot a tad bit of grace on Franchione in the sense he actually beat a favored Auburn his first year and had the better team when he simply didn't even try the second year.

What's bizarre to me is this: Auburn rewards loyalty to a fault much like a Mafia don would, but the hiring of Harsin appeared from the outside to be an opportunity to move past that flaw in their process. The fact it has backfired so spectacularly is liable to push them back to closing ranks about the fambly and that's why I'm not gonna be surprised if someone who has long affiliation with Auburn get the job next in an effort to go back to what's comfortable.

(Note: I don't mean what I'm saying as a unique criticism to Auburn, either; the obsession with "a coach who played for Coach Bryant" gave up Mike DuBose, who was probably less qualified to be the Alabama head coach than I was at the time).
Brian Harsin is one of the worst head coaches in the SEC and it’s been obvious since that MSU collapse last year. He is a subpar in game coach and a subpar recruiter. To make matters worse he is a narcissistic jerk who can’t get along with anyone. You don’t nearly start a coup against you in one year by just being someone that few in power wanted in your first year… not even at Auburn. He had to work at angering the powers that be to the point that they were ready to sack him.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Brian Harsin is one of the worst head coaches in the SEC and it’s been obvious since that MSU collapse last year. He is a subpar in game coach and a subpar recruiter. To make matters worse he is a narcissistic jerk who can’t get along with anyone. You don’t nearly start a coup against you in one year by just being someone that few in power wanted in your first year… not even at Auburn. He had to work at angering the powers that be to the point that they were ready to sack him.
Didja ever think maybe he has mastered the act of "Bless your Heart!!!" and that is the problem????

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Glad we survived. We are not a championship team, but we compete and never give up. No chance we win that game under Ogre or Miles. And to think, we almost hired Jimbo.

Is it possible some of you wouldnt mind seeing us win next week too? Two weeks in a row? Impossible!

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Glad we survived. We are not a championship team, but we compete and never give up. No chance we win that game under Ogre or Miles. And to think, we almost hired Jimbo.

Is it possible some of you wouldnt mind seeing us win next week too? Two weeks in a row? Impossible!
I root for SEC West teams in the following order:

1. Alabama
2. Miss State
3. Any west team playing tenn that week

Reactions: LSUgrad2BamaDad

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I will be pulling hard for fifteenessee to lose the game. I hope they play their second worst game that they will play all year.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

I am SO glad y'all came back and got the W. Even with as bad as auburn is right now, there is still nothing more dangerous than an auburn team that believes. Had they won, they'd be boasting a 2-0 record in the SEC, and suddenly, given how Georgia nearly got humiliated against Missouri, things don't look so out of reach for them. Two times, the Alabama-auburn game has been for the SEC West and both times, it went very badly for us. We sure didn't need them coming into Tuscaloosa next month with the West on the line and belief in their hearts. Y'all beating them was bigger than you know! Thank you!! Now go do to the viles next week what Tyson did to Frazier 🙏

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well said, sir!:cool:

Let's sit back and enjoy it as it unfolds....:D

Reactions: The Ols

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Many of us here pointed that out he didn't have the credentials to be considered a great hire.:cool:

I remember Dub saying it was a good, solid hire...:LOL:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.