JessN: Texas A&M Preview: Bama wants revenge, but will Young's injury allow it?

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Texas A&M Preview: Bama wants revenge, but will Young’s injury allow it?
by Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

Somewhere around the end of the first quarter of last week’s game over Arkansas, it’s a good bet a lot of Alabama fans were looking forward to this matchup and licking their chops.

Texas A&M scored the upset of the year in 2021 when, behind QB Zach Calzada having a once-in-a-lifetime, out-of-body experience for the Aggies, the Aggies knocked the Crimson Tide from the ranks of the unbeaten. That set up the inevitable revenge game in 2022, this time with the game being played in Tuscaloosa instead of College Station.

The Aggies haven’t given anyone the idea that they might be competitive this time around, either. The Aggies have yet to find competency at the quarterback, their best receiver is out, and the defense, which was supposed to be able to win games singlehandedly, has been gettable, especially by good running teams. Yet all that changed when Bryce Young went down on a scramble, injuring a shoulder, and being – solely our projection here at TideFans.com, mind you – out for this game unless it’s an emergency situation.

CONTINUE READING

Week 06 Info:

Last edited by a moderator:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Thanks, Jess. 10 points is a little too close for me for this game. lol. I predict something like 38-17 or 41-17. One of our scores will be either a punt return or pick 6.

It's hard to predict a score not knowing who the QB will be for Bama (I don't think it matters for Texas AM offense).

The atmosphere will be awesome. Wish I could attend the game. I also wish it was about an hour sooner because I have to get up early on Sunday. lol.

Hopefully one or two of their DL will be in the transfer portal next year after they see how average Jimbo and Texas AM's season will be.

RTR!

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Great write-up Jess. 2 points to make:

1. I hope it is total domination as the categories tend to make it.

2. As I said in a thread over a week ago, NEVER brag on special teams during the year. It's not as much a superstitious thing (ok maybe a little) as it is this group it is a "head game" much like golf. :censored:

Reactions: FaninLA

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
This might be all one needs to know about this game:

Texas A&M is currently ranked 97th in the country in Opponents' Yard Per Rush, allowing 4.41 yards per carry, and - coincidentally - 97th in the country in Rushing Yards Per Game Allowed, allowing 170.2 yards per game on the ground.

Alabama is currently ranked 1st in the country in Yards Per Rush, gaining 7.39 yards per carry, and 7th in the country in Rushing Yards Per Game, gaining 251.4 yards per game on the ground.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This might be all one needs to know about this game:

Texas A&M is currently ranked 97th in the country in Opponents' Yard Per Rush, allowing 4.41 yards per carry, and - coincidentally - 97th in the country in Rushing Yards Per Game Allowed, allowing 170.2 yards per game on the ground.

Alabama is currently ranked 1st in the country in Yards Per Rush, gaining 7.39 yards per carry, and 7th in the country in Rushing Yards Per Game, gaining 251.4 yards per game on the ground.
A&M is giving up 110% of an opponents season rush total each game.

That means they’re giving up an average of 10% more rushing yards per game than the opponent traditionally gains. That does not bode well for the Aggies

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.