Musk acquiring Twitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Musk is the enigma of our age. I can't remember anyone being so crazy/odd but wildly successful at whatever he does (PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla).
I don't know. Personally, I think Henry Ford was like that. He was also extremely ignorant, anti immigrant and anti semitic. He hired a lot of immigrants for his factory but barred them from sending money to relatives back home. He required them to conform to his idea of American culture.

Reactions: Go Bama

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
LINK

Tesla CEO Elon Musk is asking Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey to hand over documents tied to a legal fight that will determine whether Musk will have to buy the social media company for $44 billion.

On Monday, attorneys for Musk filed court documents showing they had issued a subpoena requiring Dorsey to share documents on Twitter's fake accounts, an issue at the heart of Musk's rationale for backing out of the $44 billion agreement to acquire the company.

In the filing, Musk's lawyers ask for any documents or communications Dorsey has relating to "monetizable daily active users" or mDAU — a key metric in the fight between Musk and Twitter. Musk tried to terminate the deal on the grounds that he suspected Twitter suffered from a higher prevalence of fake accounts than the less than 5% of its mDAUs that it reported. Twitter sued Musk in an attempt to force the deal, contending that his purported concern over fake accounts was a pretext for backing out.

According to Musk, Twitter failed to turn over enough information about its fake accounts, also known as spam or spam bot accounts, and may have misrepresented the prevalence of those accounts in its regulatory filings. His lawyers characterize the bot data "fundamental to Twitter’s business and financial performance" and necessary to complete the deal.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Well, since the main Trump thread is locked and this isn’t about the docs; I guess this thread will work for this

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, since the main Trump thread is locked and this isn’t about the docs; I guess this thread will work for this

I'll reopen it. I just closed it to funnel document posts there to keep the "deeds" thread from being overwhelmed and maxed...

Reactions: Tug Tide

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Elon Musk reportedly wants to fire most of Twitter’s employees
About 7,500 people currently work at Twitter — and 75 percent of them can expect to be shown the door, The Washington Post reports. Elon Musk, who is acquiring the company, has been telling prospective investors that he plans drastic firings to bring down costs.

Musk has a deadline to close the purchase of Twitter by October 28th. In a sign the deal is proceeding, Twitter froze its employees’ equity awards, Bloomberg reported. Anonymous sources tell The Post that the deal is moving forward in good faith.
Elon Musk reportedly wants to fire most of Twitter’s employees (msn.com)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, people wanted a twitter with no moderation. If you think it is a cesspool now, just wait until all the staff are gone. It will be like UT storming the field every day of our lives.
Maybe, maybe not. No one posting here know the details regarding Twitter employment and how many of those employees can easily (and inexpensively) be replaced by AI.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Maybe, maybe not. No one posting here know the details regarding Twitter employment and how many of those employees can easily (and inexpensively) be replaced by AI.
Not to mention how much more efficiently it can run when the bots have been axed. That's what I'm looking forward to more than anything.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Reactions: 92tide

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.