OC and DC replacement discussion

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Only thing I can think of as far as Pruitt: If Hugh Freeze takes the job with Auburn, It shows a lot about Sankey's powers in trying to keep Freeze out. I mean Auburn did hire the basketball coach during show cause.

I don't think they can't stop Pruitt coming on board as Analyst but Tennessee would object to that but if he manage to get on as analyst... and hire Schumann.... Whew, Defense will be 100x better and maybe better than Georgia.

I'm not worried about DC.... as long we don't get Tood or Charles Kelly promoted as DC. I'm more concerned about who we will get for OC, and I get a feeling it's going to be real interesting.
That is shame Pruitt is shut out of the SEC for so long. We all know the culture at UT. Pruitt fell into a no win situation. He is no angel but the back stabbing, no good, lying bunch on the hill threw him under the bus. I feel for him myself, course he did take the job in the first place.most Coaches would I guess.Moral to the story is ole smokie will never change his spots. They just can’t be trusted.

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
I want to watch a game next year where Jordan Rogers has no idea what we're calling based on formation. I want an offensive coordinator that's on the field not wearing their hat backwards. Mainly someone who has a very long play sheet. Think down to their ankles long. So long that we get a couple of sideline warnings as a result of the OC's playsheet.

• Thank You
Reactions: BigPoppa52

LittleLexi

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2022
The next DC Canidate or even our current DC is going to need to show Saban some Georgia defense tape to make a change. They play press on the corners, bring the safeties down and rush 4-5 guys. They keep it very simple. They make your guys beat their guys and we have seen how that has worked the past 2 years. The days of the running QB not being able to pass is long over.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I'm guessing there's a 0% chance Pruitt will be at Bama in the next five years as I cannot imagine him getting hired while his NCAA punishment hangs in the balance.
I get where you are coming from but I have a bit of a different take on the situation. I think that hiring JP would force the NCAA’s hands on the UT side of things. I admittedly am not a NCAA rules expert but can the NCAA put a show cause on JP if they don’t put some type of sanctions on UT first? My guess is that the NCAA would prefer to punish JP and let UT slide but I don’t see how that would fly. I think I’d take my chances on hiring him and then lawyer up if they try to put a show cause in place….the NCAA hasn’t got the best track record when the courts get involved, at least not recently.

Reactions: gman4tide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I get where you are coming from but I have a bit of a different take on the situation. I think that hiring JP would force the NCAA’s hands on the UT side of things. I admittedly am not a NCAA rules expert but can the NCAA put a show cause on JP if they don’t put some type of sanctions on UT first? My guess is that the NCAA would prefer to punish JP and let UT slide but I don’t see how that would fly. I think I’d take my chances on hiring him and then lawyer up if they try to put a show cause in place….the NCAA hasn’t got the best track record when the courts get involved, at least not recently.
With 18 level one violations leveled at the UT and many those tied to the head coach (JP) and his wife, there is little doubt in my mind UT gets nailed with some significant sanctions. It wasn’t a rogue booster or just assistant coaches. It was JP tied directly to improper benefits and payments.

Ole Miss was hit with three years, a two year bowl ban and scholarship reduction for 15 violations under Freeze in 2017. If JP doesn’t get a show cause it will be a minor miracle.

So hiring JP before the final resolution by NCAA before the final sanctions would literally be thumbing your nose at the NCAA and the SEC. Remember Coach Saban inquired about hiring Hugh Freeze as an analyst in 2018. And while is isn’t technically against SEC bylaws, there was much back forth between Saban and Sankey about it. In the end, Sankey let it be known that he.and the member schools would be extremely displeased with Freeze being associated with any program in the conference.

I’m sure CNS could try, but IMO Sankey and the Conference office would most certainly squelch that immediately.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
With 18 level one violations leveled at the UT and many those tied to the head coach (JP) and his wife, there is little doubt in my mind UT gets nailed with some significant sanctions. It wasn’t a rogue booster or just assistant coaches. It was JP tied directly to improper benefits and payments.

Ole Miss was hit with three years, a two year bowl ban and scholarship reduction for 15 violations under Freeze in 2017. If JP doesn’t get a show cause it will be a minor miracle.

So hiring JP before the final resolution by NCAA before the final sanctions would literally be thumbing your nose at the NCAA and the SEC. Remember Coach Saban inquired about hiring Hugh Freeze as an analyst in 2018. And while is isn’t technically against SEC bylaws, there was much back forth between Saban and Sankey about it. In the end, Sankey let it be known that he.and the member schools would be extremely displeased with Freeze being associated with any program in the conference.

I’m sure CNS could try, but IMO Sankey and the Conference office would most certainly squelch that immediately.
And I wonder when the NCAA will get around to punishing UT? Or are they trying to let it fade into the distance?

Reactions: Tidelines

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.