Pet picture thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We lost our sweet girl, Lil'Bit, a few weeks ago after a little over 22 and a half years...
#CancerSucks
Oh no. Brother I am SO sorry for your loss. :(

If she lived to 22 though she did very well and I'm sure she had the best life she could have had.

That one photo (top right) with her little tongue sticking out is so cute!

Peace to you and yours, @uafan4life ........

• Thank You
Reactions: uafan4life

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Oh no. Brother I am SO sorry for your loss. :(

If she lived to 22 though she did very well and I'm sure she had the best life she could have had.

That one photo (top right) with her little tongue sticking out is so cute!

Peace to you and yours, @uafan4life ........
Thank you.

My favorite one is the bottom-left. Her face was so expressive and you can tell she is not a fan of costumes. :)

She was our sweetheart and our little cuddle-bug but she had a "spicy" side - as one vet-tech put it - as well. She had quite the reputation at our local vet's office. She knew which doorways & hallways in the vet's office led to places where unpleasant things occurred - as well as which personnel were most likely to try to draw some blood, her least favorite thing - and was quite demonstrative in expressing her displeasure. Yes, she had basically memorized the floorplan of the vet's office.

She was far too smart for her own good. She could unclasp and escape from a figure-8 harness in under 30 seconds when she was young (and we were dumb enough to think we could take her for a walk). She got quite overweight and I was trying to get her to exercise, so to speak. The only toy she would regularly play with was a laser pointer but she had very quickly figured out that we were controlling it, so she would just come and take the pointer out of our hands and then sit on it. Then, I found this "automatic" laser pointer toy. It randomly changed speed and direction, projecting the laser over a large area of the floor, with the overall pattern being an ellipse. She chased it for almost an hour the first day, taking breaks to watch us and investigate our hands to make sure we weren't controlling it. Then, the second day, she chased it for about 10 minutes or so. Then, she stopped, walked over to the edge of the living room, and just watched it for a while. I was thinking, "I hope she's not tired of it already." Then, she walked over to a spot on the floor close to her - though the pointer was currently on the other side of the room - and laid down. Then she waited for the laser to pass by and tried to swat it with her paw as it passed. She realized that she didn't have to chase it; she could just lay down and wait for it to come to her, once she identified a spot that it passed by multiple times. She never forgot that and enjoyed playing with it for years - she just basically only exercised her neck muscles.

My favorite story, though, is when I realized the true depth of her thought processes, so to speak - with an unbiased, third-party witness. My buddy Bryan came over to watch the World Cup games live when it was in Korea, IIRC, and the games started at like 3:00 am. We were living in a loft apartment and the living room was in the middle of the building, so there were no windows. Lil'Bit loved to sleep on the couch or loveseat - on which she wasn't allowed without a blanket - and she was so sound asleep when I flipped on the light that she didn't wake up. So, I walked over to her, scolded her, and swatted her bottom. She jumped down off the couch, meowed at me with a little bit of a hiss, walked a few feet away, stuck her tail straight up into the air, wiggled her bottom, and laid down - keeping her tail up, exposing her anus to me. (For you non-cat people, this is a sign of displeasure or disrespect.) After a few minutes, she got up, walked over to me, craned her neck toward me, and meowed as if to ask for petting. I reached down to pet her and she meowed at me with a little bit of a hiss, walked a few feet away, stuck her tail straight up into the air, wiggled her bottom, and laid down - keeping her tail up, exposing her anus to me. Bryan's reaction was the funniest - since this was his first time seeing it. She was actively telling me, spitefully, that she was still angry and he didn't think cats could think like that. I didn't either, until her.

She certainly kept us on our toes...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I thought we had one but I can't find one recent, so, new start. We have a new kitten. We've never had a cat pay any attention to the TV. However, last night, NatGeo, I think, had a program on puppies and their antics. Eliza has never seen a puppy. She was transfixed for about ten minutes, with varying expressions and postures, reacting to the changing pix...View attachment 9883
There was (maybe still is) a Discovery Channel program called "Too Cute" that featured puppies, kittens, and other baby animals. It was Lil'Bit's favorite TV show for several years...

Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thank you.

My favorite one is the bottom-left. Her face was so expressive and you can tell she is not a fan of costumes. :)

She was our sweetheart and our little cuddle-bug but she had a "spicy" side - as one vet-tech put it - as well. She had quite the reputation at our local vet's office. She knew which doorways & hallways in the vet's office led to places where unpleasant things occurred - as well as which personnel were most likely to try to draw some blood, her least favorite thing - and was quite demonstrative in expressing her displeasure. Yes, she had basically memorized the floorplan of the vet's office.

She was far too smart for her own good. She could unclasp and escape from a figure-8 harness in under 30 seconds when she was young (and we were dumb enough to think we could take her for a walk). She got quite overweight and I was trying to get her to exercise, so to speak. The only toy she would regularly play with was a laser pointer but she had very quickly figured out that we were controlling it, so she would just come and take the pointer out of our hands and then sit on it. Then, I found this "automatic" laser pointer toy. It randomly changed speed and direction, projecting the laser over a large area of the floor, with the overall pattern being an ellipse. She chased it for almost an hour the first day, taking breaks to watch us and investigate our hands to make sure we weren't controlling it. Then, the second day, she chased it for about 10 minutes or so. Then, she stopped, walked over to the edge of the living room, and just watched it for a while. I was thinking, "I hope she's not tired of it already." Then, she walked over to a spot on the floor close to her - though the pointer was currently on the other side of the room - and laid down. Then she waited for the laser to pass by and tried to swat it with her paw as it passed. She realized that she didn't have to chase it; she could just lay down and wait for it to come to her, once she identified a spot that it passed by multiple times. She never forgot that and enjoyed playing with it for years - she just basically only exercised her neck muscles.

My favorite story, though, is when I realized the true depth of her thought processes, so to speak - with an unbiased, third-party witness. My buddy Bryan came over to watch the World Cup games live when it was in Korea, IIRC, and the games started at like 3:00 am. We were living in a loft apartment and the living room was in the middle of the building, so there were no windows. Lil'Bit loved to sleep on the couch or loveseat - on which she wasn't allowed without a blanket - and she was so sound asleep when I flipped on the light that she didn't wake up. So, I walked over to her, scolded her, and swatted her bottom. She jumped down off the couch, meowed at me with a little bit of a hiss, walked a few feet away, stuck her tail straight up into the air, wiggled her bottom, and laid down - keeping her tail up, exposing her anus to me. (For you non-cat people, this is a sign of displeasure or disrespect.) After a few minutes, she got up, walked over to me, craned her neck toward me, and meowed as if to ask for petting. I reached down to pet her and she meowed at me with a little bit of a hiss, walked a few feet away, stuck her tail straight up into the air, wiggled her bottom, and laid down - keeping her tail up, exposing her anus to me. Bryan's reaction was the funniest - since this was his first time seeing it. She was actively telling me, spitefully, that she was still angry and he didn't think cats could think like that. I didn't either, until her.

She certainly kept us on our toes...

Some good memories there......and most of which us cat owners can all relate to! They have their little personalities, for sure.

287139117_1865964730426355_1574569217110410366_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFlum

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
We had to put Luke down the Sunday before Christmas. He started having seizures. Vet said it could be epilepsy, a brain tumor, or just old age. He was already half blind and half deaf, and I just didn't want him to have to go through another seizure. He was, very simply, everything you could want your dog to be.

253880190_10226759906649972_7257632362723842255_n.jpg

We'd had him for 13+ years, and he was about 2 when we got him. For Christmas, my kids got me a blanket that has the above pic printed on it.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
IMG_3863.jpeg
My entertainment for the day...they chase each other around the house, yard and anywhere else until they hit total exhaustion. The Labradoodle is Goldie -- belongs to my grandchildren. The Goldador is Mack -- belongs to us -- or rather we belong to him. They do figure eights around my chair chasing each other...lots of joy when you are stuck inside.

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
View attachment 31223
My entertainment for the day...they chase each other around the house, yard and anywhere else until they hit total exhaustion. The Labradoodle is Goldie -- belongs to my grandchildren. The Goldador is Mack -- belongs to us -- or rather we belong to him. They do figure eights around my chair chasing each other...lots of joy when you are stuck inside.
Here are my boys:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.