Seriously, Bama could still get in the top4, if tcu gets blown out by 17 points or more..?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Keep hearing that TCU shouldn't be punished by losing in their conference championship. OK, but playing in a conference championship isn't integral to getting a spot in the playoff, right?

So, if they were to lose, the debate should really be is a TCU team at 11-1 better than a Bama team at 10-2???

I'm not qualified to say, but I think that should be where the debate begins and ends.

It's been amazing to watch the "you should have to win your conference" folks miraculously transmigrate into "but TCU should be in EVEN IF THEY LOSE their conference championship."

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I don't expect Bama to make it, but even if they did and lost in the semis, it would be worth it to watch the collective heads of the CFB 'casuals' explode. :)
I am all about causing talking heads & pointy heads to explode. The clown show clowns will have meltdowns. The wannabe schools will have meltdowns. Chaos would be beautiful.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Why is Vegas not a metric for this committee? Why does Vegas not supplant that committee? Publish the odds on a match up with Bama on all the teams ahead of them and we are favored in most, if not all of them. I thought the idea was to get the best 4 teams.
Absolutely! Vegas seems not to think much of either USC or TCU

Reactions: CoolBreeze

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
1000x this! I could care less what those talking heads have to say. Herbie said last week that Bama should be ranked above tOSU. Why does he feel different this week? Fear? Seems now that it means something his tune has changed. What a goober
Credibility should matter again. Not sure when or even if, but it should. Auburn and Hugh Freeze have none. It’s disgusting, I had just turned on the show. And then turned it right back off.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Watching all the “losing your last game makes this a sham” folks conveniently forgetting the double digit Alabama loss in the 2017 Iron Bowl.

Reactions: B1GTide

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Shouldn’t quality of losses be just as important as quality of wins? If TCU gets “USCed” and losses by +14, they do not deserve a playoff spot, period.

But this still makes me mad that we were so close. A simple adjustment by the defense in either game, and this is a non issue.
Or if Bryce had been 100%.

Reactions: LA BamaCarl

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
And that is far from a guaranteed win for us. In fact, I'd say there's a good chance we lose with all of the portal/likely opt-out activity that's coming.

At this point, I'd be satisfied if we just simply go out, win the sugar bowl decisively, end the season on a positive note, and begin the arduous process of fixing what's wrong, on every level, prior to Spring practice and a new season...
FIFY ;)

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I predict that the logic the haters will use to keep Bama out if TCU loses is "USC and TCU both lost rematches in their conference title games."

I really don't see us getting into the playoff, and while I'd be excited if we get in, I also worry that that would delay the changes we all agree need to be made in our program.

Reactions: Rush

Crimson Steel

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2014
I'm proud of a 10-2 season with win #10 coming against Auburn and us going to a good Bowl Game. No Championship game for us and I'll bet when the teams are announced, the Aubs are gonna roll Toomer's Corner and their Christmas trees.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.