ESPN Commentators

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Greg seems like an outcast child that tries waaaay too hard to be accepted by the popular kids. He speaks what he feels will make him popular, not with what he actually feels. There is a difference in being unbiased and pandering.
I still remember Greg's first year as a broadcaster. He was calling an Alabama game and said "we need to (I forget that part)" After they came back from commercial he changed how he talked about Alabama. I think a boss or somebody else said something to him. The annoying part is Lou Holthz was on that broadcast and I wouldn't put it past ole granny holthz to be the one to lecture him.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I still remember Greg's first year as a broadcaster. He was calling an Alabama game and said "we need to (I forget that part)" After they came back from commercial he changed how he talked about Alabama. I think a boss or somebody else said something to him. The annoying part is Lou Holthz was on that broadcast and I wouldn't put it past ole granny holthz to be the one to lecture him.
That would make sense actually. Just trying to keep his job. I could understand that. But, I think he can still speak for Bama and not come off as just plain biased. A middle ground. I mean, Herbie straight walked off the set when Bama went in over tOSU. A simple "we" can't be as bad as that was. But, what do I know? I'm a blue collar guy sitting in his recliner eating hot Cheetos.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think any of the commentators should have used the word INTEGRITY in referring to the CFP Committee's keeping tcu at #3.
Agreed. Even if I agreed with them making the CFP, putting them at 3 was all about avoiding a rematch ($$$). Just say that and I at least give you credit for honesty. But he lied and said that they never considered making TCU number 4.

The CFP chair has no integrity when questioned, which makes people question the integrity of the entire thing.

Just admit that you wanted to reward TCU, even though you know that they are not as good as Alabama. Be honest. I could live with that.

I hate liars.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
As badly as we played at times this season, what would you have liked them to say?
I agree. I think they both speak the truth. Many people just don't like hearing the truth at times. We were a very sloppy and undisciplined team last year and this year. We still managed to win a conference title and play for the national title last year, and we were just a few points away from making it to the conference championship game again this year because we have a tremendous amount of talent. We seem to have lost some discipline and toughness, and I hope we start getting it back during bowl preparations and play hard in the bowl game.

SMOKIESBAMAFAN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 11, 2018
As badly as we played at times this season, what would you have liked them to say?
I expect him to stand up for his team no matter what. Just the same as Herbie does, or the rest of the guys from other schools. We all know Bama didn’t have the best year, that doesn’t mean you can’t campaign for them. Especially when others do the same for their team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I expect him to stand up for his team no matter what. Just the same as Herbie does, or the rest of the guys from other schools. We all know Bama didn’t have the best year, that doesn’t mean you can’t campaign for them. Especially when others do the same for their team.
Rece could do this. He has too much integrity. GMac can't. He is not well enough established yet

SMOKIESBAMAFAN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 11, 2018
Agreed. Even if I agreed with them making the CFP, putting them at 3 was all about avoiding a rematch ($$$). Just say that and I at least give you credit for honesty. But he lied and said that they never considered making TCU number 4.

The CFP chair has no integrity when questioned, which makes people question the integrity of the entire thing.

Just admit that you wanted to reward TCU, even though you know that they are not as good as Alabama. Be honest. I could live with that.

I hate liars.
With that being said, has a team ever lost a game and not dropped at least one spot? Just curious…

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I will die on the hill that states the WHOLE thing was a collective middle finger to Alabama. How does TCU not drop a SINGLE SPOT?! At this point I am not saying we should be in. Our team left it up to someone other than themselves. But, I will echo Saban, "Would we be the favorites in those games or the underdog?" But, once again I digress. It really is, " it is what it is." But, we all should be able to agree Bama didn't even get discussed in this. That apparent with TCU not even dropping a single spot. The discussion was do we have a rematch of "THE Game" in the semis or not?
FWIW, I know beat the pumpkins or LSU it's a non issue, but our team didn't. Left an opening, and the committee took advantage. I refuse to be on the TCU band wagon I've seen from some other Bama fans. I hope they get exposed and everyone else sees that the committee is a lie and a sham.
You want relevancy? At least tell the truth on why you made your picks and don't deny that certain discussions weren't brought up at all. Boo is a bad liar, and that's one truth to take away from this whole thing. Roll Tide and rant over
I feel better now. Pass me the antacid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.