2022 Playoffs Thoughts

Who are you picking? Who are you rooting/pulling for? (Pick up to 1 each)

• Picking Georgia

Votes: 69 55.2%
  • Picking TCU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picking Ohio State

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Picking Michigan

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Rooting for Georgia

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Rooting for TCU

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Rooting for Ohio State

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • Rooting for Michigan

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Doesn't apply to us so I don't care

Votes: 27 21.6%

• Total voters

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I'll give you all this: I and the Vegas oddsmakers and the power rankings could all be wrong. Maybe TCU is a better team than OSU. They did take their one loss to overtime while OSU got blown out on their own field. Maybe the Big 12 is a better conference than the Big 10. We'll see.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I don't want Georgia to win a second title in a row I don't want OSU or Michigan to win because I don't want the Big Ten to win anything, so I guess I'm left pulling for TCU.
I, too, do not want the Big Ten to win anything because I remember the days when that is all you heard about. But, the prospect of UGA going back to back trumps any prejudices I harbor against the Big Ten. I can't root for TCU, because they shouldn't be there. Same for Bucky. So, Go Blue, I guess. I feel dirty, now.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Anybody but Georgia

Whoever wins that OSU/UGA game is winning the title

Georgia is the best team no doubt but I don’t think they’re unbeatable, their defense got torched yesterday although it didn’t matter. OSU has a top 3 QB in country and the best WR in CFB, it’ll be closer than people think.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`m not REAL invested although I said I was pulling for OSU. That`s mostly for B1G. DEFINITELY do not want UGA to win. Soooo....since we`re not in it, I`m probably more accurately ANYBODY but UGA.

I picked UGA because I think they`re the best team in the country by a pretty good margin this year ( Gag!! ).

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Do you think uga or the rest of the SEC is pulling for us to win the Sugar Bowl?
No, of course not. But I wouldn't want the Committee to do us this way. I know that they would have rather had USC over TCU and tried their best only for Lincoln Reilly to soil the bed; not once but TWICE. Still, I would have been OK if they could have found a way to place Mich at #1 and GA at #2. But they knew that was impossible. Still, they rewarded mediocrity. GA runs the table and doesn't buy their way out of games and their reward is the most difficult path, at least on paper. Maybe TCU is better than OSU. I know if it was us instead of GA, I'd be on the warpath. Maybe you'd be cool with it?

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
It's what they do every year. They seed #1 and #2 as accurately as possible, and then then try to make the rankings work the best they can for the semifinal games.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
No, of course not. But I wouldn't want the Committee to do us this way. I know that they would have rather had USC over TCU and tried their best only for Lincoln Reilly to soil the bed; not once but TWICE. Still, I would have been OK if they could have found a way to place Mich at #1 and GA at #2. But they knew that was impossible. Still, they rewarded mediocrity. GA runs the table and doesn't buy their way out of games and their reward is the most difficult path, at least on paper. Maybe TCU is better than OSU. I know if it was us instead of GA, I'd be on the warpath. Maybe you'd be cool with it?
Of course it would bother me if it were us, but it isn't. That doesn't make me want uga to win anything ever. What they should have done is put michigan at #1 after they blew out ohio state.

Now that I have had some time to think about it, I don't think they ever had any intention of putting Alabama in the playoffs even if tcu lost in a blowout. The fact that they left Ohio State in front of us and left uga at #1 should prove that. Most of us just wanted to believe it wasn't over.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.