OC and DC replacement discussion

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I'm guessing there's a 0% chance Pruitt will be at Bama in the next five years as I cannot imagine him getting hired while his NCAA punishment hangs in the balance.
It’s crazy to think a two- three year show cause is really 5-6 years in length because of the way the NCAA drags their feet. His penalty should start the minute he was fired.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It’s crazy to think a two- three year show cause is really 5-6 years in length because of the way the NCAA drags their feet. His penalty should start the minute he was fired.
I'm not sure if they ever retroactively punish (as in "time served" counting towards the sentence), but yeah - if you're going to play stupid games, you're likely going to win stupid prizes...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
"I just think it comes down to trying to establish the kind of respect we'd like to have for this team and we did and didn't accomplish and what we did and didn't do," Saban said would be his message to players. "What we do in the future, what we do moving forward is going to determine that to a large degree."

Reactions: BamaFlum and Con

LittleLexi

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2022
Man I hope you're right, but I have a sick feeling Golding is coming back as DC.

I hate to bring this up or even say it, since I am a Newbie. But we have a defensive genius of a coach, and he does not think anything is wrong. All we hear is the usual, he was out of place or read the play wrong. We had a great week of practice, I saw nothing wrong. I remember Saban riding Kirby all game long, not with Golding. Maybe once in a while, but not like back in the day.

I payed my way thru college playing baseball, I have never played a down in football. But I have watched enough football to know something is not right on D for the past 2-3 years.

Coach Prime wants our Safties coach to be his D Cord. I thought the safties were a major problem this year, but this guy seems to think different. We had an analyst promoted to O Cord. at UAB. Somethings not right imo.

Reactions: JohnD

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Stephen M. Smith is prone to both hyperbole and unwarranted assumptions. And in any case, he’s reporting on a tweet from someone I’ve never heard of — Sua Cravens.

Cravens’ tweet:

- Speculates on Colorado’s new HC. How many times have we seen a “done deal” fall through?

- Further speculates on the speculated HC’s choice as DC

- Doesn’t name Golding. It says only that the DC will come from Alabama’s staff — Smith is the one assuming it will be Golding.

Cravens might be right…..or not. He might be a pawn used by Sanders’ agent to lever more money for his client. He might simply be trying to make his bones as a sports analyst.

There are just tons of iffity iffity ifs. As much as I want a new DC for Christmas, a tweet from Sua Cravens is light years away from us having job opening.

You don't know who Craven is?!?!?! Look him up.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Coach Prime wants our Safties coach to be his D Cord. I thought the safties were a major problem this year, but this guy seems to think different. We had an analyst promoted to O Cord. at UAB. Somethings not right imo.
The safeties are really good. Branch is the best defensive player other than Anderson. Hellams is good in run support.

The problems the safeties had is when they were required to guard #1 or #2 WRs. I don't blame Hellams for getting torched by Hyatt in the Tennessee game. I blame the guy who kept putting him in that position. If Nate Oats made Charles Bediako shoot 3s all game I wouldn't blame Bediako for it.

tonymitchell399

Scout Team
Aug 6, 2017
Have a feeling we won't have a clue what they goingbto do until early signing period is over. I wouldn't mind seeing if Roman Harper wanted to coach safeties.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
On D Sanders- it's rumored he wants Roach and or Kelly. Remember Sanders and Saban have good relationships and it's possible that they could work out something. Now remember Auburn wants Charles Kellyas DC and I think Kelly ends up at Colorado instead of Auburn.

Roach might go but that's not a sure thing. I think we'll see complete overhaul on defense side. I still think Golding is gone as of now. It really depends on who Saban can find to replace Golding and it's not easy as it sounds. I would not be shocked to hear someone popping up in T town in next few weeks just to have a "conversation." I don't think Schumann is a definite.

On OC, this wild card and we have no idea how this will goes. We do know Saban wants to go back to physicality and he'll prioritize development on qbs and wrs.

This is my guess..... I think Saban already hasits His OC but it's being kept under wrap. As for DC.. It's a mess. If Golding does stay, I think wr hire someone to help Golding.....

Reactions: bamadwain

LittleLexi

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2022
The safeties are really good. Branch is the best defensive player other than Anderson. Hellams is good in run support.

The problems the safeties had is when they were required to guard #1 or #2 WRs. I don't blame Hellams for getting torched by Hyatt in the Tennessee game. I blame the guy who kept putting him in that position. If Nate Oats made Charles Bediako shoot 3s all game I wouldn't blame Bediako for it.
I am with you the safties are really good as is the rest of our starting D. Those guys will be playing on Sundays. The question is, who is to blame for putting them into positions where they can't make these plays. These guys are so far back, you can't even see them in the wide CBS view they show from time to time. The TN and LSU game, their guys were way up to speed and there was no way our safties could catch them. Yet Coach Prime thinks our safties coach is D Cord worthy.

Reactions: JustNeedMe81

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.