2022 Playoffs Thoughts

Who are you picking? Who are you rooting/pulling for? (Pick up to 1 each)

• Picking Georgia

Votes: 69 55.2%
  • Picking TCU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picking Ohio State

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Picking Michigan

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Rooting for Georgia

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Rooting for TCU

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Rooting for Ohio State

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • Rooting for Michigan

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Doesn't apply to us so I don't care

Votes: 27 21.6%

• Total voters

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Kirby is 46 and already has a title and looks likely to win another. When Saban was 46 he had yet to win a bowl game or finish a season ranked.

Is Kirby ahead of Saban at 46? Yes.
Is UGA ahead of Bama as a program? Sadly, yes.
Is Kirby better than Saban? Not all time, but he's making his way there, slowly.

Th reason Kirby is so good at a younger age than Saban was (46 as you referenced above) is that Kirby worked with Coach Saban for so long and learned from him. Saban is still the GOAT but he is getting older. Kirby is at a great age. Unfortunately I think he will stay at UGA for a long time and win a lot of games/maybe a few more championships before he retires or goes to NFL.

I just want Coach Saban to win at least 1 more National Championship at Bama before he decides to leave the program in someone else's hands. I personally think he will coach until he physically can't. I don't see him retiring unless for medical reasons.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Th reason Kirby is so good at a younger age than Saban was (46 as you referenced above) is that Kirby worked with Coach Saban for so long and learned from him. Saban is still the GOAT but he is getting older. Kirby is at a great age. Unfortunately I think he will stay at UGA for a long time and win a lot of games/maybe a few more championships before he retires or goes to NFL.

I just want Coach Saban to win at least 1 more National Championship at Bama before he decides to leave the program in someone else's hands. I personally think he will coach until he physically can't. I don't see him retiring unless for medical reasons.
I hope Coach Saban has another championship run left in him. I would certainly love to see it.

It is funny that two years ago people mocked Kirby and Harbaugh and said neither would win championships until they updated their offenses and found superstar QBs who could sling it all over the place. People said that defense was dead (Yes, I agree that defenses have to play with one hand tied behind their backs due to current rules.) and you couldn't just rely on defense, toughness, and the running game. Now, many of those same people say Kirby has the best program in America, and Harbaugh is making some OSU fans think that Ryan Day should be fired.

I do hope we get our toughness back where other teams are ready to quit in the fourth quarter instead of marching the ball down our throats. I also hope we can run the ball effectively when we need to while still keeping the ability to hurt teams through the air. I'm looking forward to the Sugar Bowl to see what we focused on during bowl preparation.

Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I would say this confirms Georgia is going to put the beat down on OSU.

I don't think he has played since week 2 due to a torn hamstring, so Ohio State has had time to get other WR's ready. Hope they beat UGA!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would say this confirms Georgia is going to put the beat down on OSU.

As others have stated, we have played without him all season. It would have been great to have him back for the CFP but if he is not medically cleared then he needs to get ready for the draft.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
As others have stated, we have played without him all season. It would have been great to have him back for the CFP but if he is not medically cleared then he needs to get ready for the draft.
Yep. I was aware he had not played this year. I was thinking that if he was somehow healthy and played in the game against Georgia, OSU would have a legitimate shot. They clearly don't without him. He is the best wide receiver in college football.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It's what they do every year. They seed #1 and #2 as accurately as possible, and then then try to make the rankings work the best they can for the semifinal games.
If uga had lost, it would have dropped them to #2 and we might could have sneaked in at the #4 slot and it would have been UM-UA and UG-OSU, however... :rolleyes:

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Yep. As much as we may hate to say it, the road to the playoffs will be going through Athens moreso than Tuscaloosa for the foreseeable future.
i think that all depends on the coaching staff. Bama has more than enough talent to compete and be better than UGA. It just needs to be utilized and developed better, and this can be done with a couple of good hires and continued good recruiting.

Reactions: Tidelines

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.