BREAKING Sugar Bowl: Kansas State vs Alabama

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I think is has something to do with our Offensive and Defense Coordinators. You know but know that CNS has heard all the rumblings and negative reviews of these 2 buffoons'. You know he will make changes. Its just a matter of when
Well, I don’t presume to know more about football than Saban, but I noticed we had one buffoon coordinator in 2018.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I hate to say it but I think you're correct. Saban would rather be out recruiting. Shoot, I remember the 1990 Fiesta. Stallings got his butt handed to him. But, we hauled in a tremendous class!!
It was the NBC curse. Anytime that network carried our bowl game, we choked. The Hall of Fame Bowl vs Michigan a few years before that was another one

Reactions: dtgreg

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
He needs to employ the George Costanza method.

The G-(string)man (so-called for how his *efense gets unembarrassingly undressed play after play): "No, no! - I got it! Let's put 11 LBs out there and give 'em new position names. No, wait - even better! Instead of renaming 'Star' and 'Mike' and 'Sam' and 'Will,' they'll all be Mulva! Eleven Mulvas! Yeah, that's it! - the 0-11-0 Mulvas scheme!"

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
The one good thing about the time slot. We can get to New Orleans go to the game and head back home. Sure hotels are going to be insane that night if for no other reason its New Years Eve. Maybe tickets will be hard to get. We should have great turn out with only this one game to pay for at years end.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The one good thing about the time slot. We can get to New Orleans go to the game and head back home. Sure hotels are going to be insane that night if for no other reason its New Years Eve. Maybe tickets will be hard to get. We should have great turn out with only this one game to pay for at years end.
Tickets will NOT be hard to get...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
being spoiled sucks at times
Hey Saban can’t have it both ways. He said to demand and expect excellence. Can’t be mad at fans when we don’t see it and are frustrated about what could have been. Having been a fan a loooong time and seeing trash Bama programs I’m not jumping off a bridge any time soon because of a disappointing season. That said, I have no problem with calling certain people on staff that need to be replaced because they are not anywhere close to the standard CNS, the fans, and players past and present have come to expect at the Capstone.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
That stadium will be half empty. Wait until near kickoff and you can get a ticket for peanuts.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
If 2022 Alabama wins the Sugar Bowl they finish 11-2 and Ranked somewhere between 3rd and 5th and that would be a better finish than all of those seasons.

2008 - 6th with Two straight losses
2010 - 10th/11th with Three overall losses
2013 - 7th/8th with Two straight losses (AU and OU) and an AU Highlight Reel for Eternity
2019 - 8th

Though if you ask me which TEAMS are better regardless of the 2022 Sugar Bowl result?

I'd pick ALL FOUR of those to Beat 2022 Alabama Head to Head.

I'd only pick 2022 Alabama to beat 2007 Alabama and that is kind of sad but that's just how AWFUL BoB and Golding are and how badly they handicap this team.
By multiple tds

Reactions: Tidelines

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hey Saban can’t have it both ways. He said to demand and expect excellence. Can’t be mad at fans when we don’t see it and are frustrated about what could have been. Having been a fan a loooong time and seeing trash Bama programs I’m not jumping off a bridge any time soon because of a disappointing season. That said, I have no problem with calling certain people on staff that need to be replaced because they are not anywhere close to the standard CNS, the fans, and players past and present have come to expect at the Capstone.
POTD

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
This is a great barometer for “the Process” and how many players have truly bought in. It should not matter who are where we are playing. CNS is always talking about it and it’s time to see who’s really ready to set the stage for 2023. Remember how the 10-3 2010 team absolutely annihilated Mich. St.? Set up 2011 and 2012 for back to back titles. That’s what I will be looking for.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It was the NBC curse. Anytime that network carried our bowl game, we choked. The Hall of Fame Bowl vs Michigan a few years before that was another one
ALABAMA BOWLS ON NBC
1954 Cotton Bowl - the Tommy Lewis game (L)
1959 Liberty Bowl - first game against integrated team (L)
1962 Sugar Bowl - Tide already clinched first national championship (W)
1963 Orange - Lee Roy has 741 tackles (W)
1964 Sugar - it snowed.....in the South (W)
1965 Orange - Han shot first, er, I mean Namath scored (L)
1966 Orange - national championship win over Huskers (W)
1972 Orange - blown out by Huskers, 38-6 (L)
1975 Orange - Ara wins the last one (L)
1988 Hall of Fame - first time vs Michigan (L)
1991 Fiesta - Browning Naegle (L)

Record? 4-7 but with some of the most painful moments we can recall (71 Nebraska, Lewis jumping off the bench, the controversy over the 64 title, etc, etc, etc)

Reactions: We_are_Bama

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
If we beat K State we'll be the rightful Big12 Champs and AS CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS should automatically qualify for the playoff as the #4 team. We can quickly jump on a flight to Hotlanta to face the Dawgs that evening. WHO'S WITH ME

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dtgreg

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
I do think this matchup may motivate the team a little more than some past ones in this situation. I know I would want to smack the team that beat TCU to show everyone who should have been in the playoffs. To quote Remember the Titans, “Leave no doubt.”

This might not be a factor at all for them, but I like to prove my point whenever possible and you have a shot at it here.

Reactions: B1GTide and Rush

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.