2023 Braves trades and acquisitions

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
With Trea going to the Phillies… we desperately need either Correa or Bogarts to feel good about the off season. I have a feeling that we are about to make a stupid mistake and sign Dansby to king’s ransom
I was actually looking at this yesterday. On either of these what would you think the Braves and AA be willing to do interns of contract length? Both, like Turner, are looking for longer term deals.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was actually looking at this yesterday. On either of these what would you think the Braves and AA be willing to do interns of contract length? Both, like Turner, are looking for longer term deals.
The problem with signing Dansby is the same problem with signing Ozuna. One great 2-3 months in a career doesn’t warrant a “for life” contract. Yes he is an above average fielder but good god he is a horrible bat. I would take old age Correa and Boggarts for longer deals because I know we will get a bat in there, hell I would be more in favor of getting a quality arm and let Grissom try SS at this point. We have waited too long to make a decision on Dansby and he is about to get greedy. I hope we learned our lesson with Ozuna.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
not the first time I have heard that ridiculous 200m number for Swanson
So like $200 million over 25 years? Have Dansby under contract until he’s 55. He’ll also have to work concessions, make balloon animals for the kids during rain delays, and fill in for Blooper when he is under the weather.
And we would still be over paying….

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
They need to try to get Dansby around the $20M per year mark. If he won't take that discount then you make Grissom the SS and spend the money elsewhere.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What Vegas is saying about the Correa and Swanson Shortstop Sweepstakes. Swanson favorite to land with Cubs. Correa looking like Giants or Twins.

Looks like the plan will be Grissom at short to start the season for the Braves

Grissom was working out with Ron Washington last month in New Orleans, so I think that the Braves have known for a while that Dansby is not going to sign with ATL.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.