(Do We Target) Another portal RB? (This year) (watch teaser titles)

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I don’t think we used Gibbs right this year. He just wasn’t going to get tough yards. I always want to see McClellan lined up outside with Gibbs at RB, motion Gibbs to slot, then motion McClellan to RB. You could of ran a lot of different plays out of that. We could of thrown to Gibbs well out of it. Ran what we use to call a wing back trap, or reverse. And of course ran power with McClellan.
i was definitely hoping to see more 2 back sets and splitting Gibbs out in the slot.

idk a lot about football, but that seemed like a no brainer.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So if you guys are right, what if Jase M gets hurt? We're left depending on RW and a little used back in Miller and true Freshmen. Not a good place to be IMO. Another back with experience may be a good idea.
Jeez man, the running back room next year will be stacked! If you want a change of pace, Henderson can move back to RB. I’m sure he has put on some muscle by now.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Jeez man, the running back room next year will be stacked! If you want a change of pace, Henderson can move back to RB. I’m sure he has put on some muscle by now. BTW, Miller will be the next great Bama back. You heard it here first

Reactions: seebell

Rkharley98

Scout Team
Apr 24, 2018
Our RB room is fine. Especially with two freshmen coming in next year. But I agree with GreyTide that we should have more concern with offensive line
This!!! We seemed to do better in pass blocking as the year went on. But, run blocking just wasn’t up to standard. Need some Road Graders up front. Run da ball!!!

Reactions: AWRTR

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
So if you guys are right, what if Jase M gets hurt? We're left depending on RW and a little used back in Miller and true Freshmen. Not a good place to be IMO. Another back with experience may be a good idea.
Trent Richardson, TJ Yeldon, Mark Ingram, Najee Harris all played significant minutes as true freshman, I think you’re underestimating our ability to have talent at that position. We’ll be fine

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Alabama picked up Gibbs because you had no one coming back who you knew would be healthy and ready to go. Too many injuries.

Next year you have a great RB room. Absolutely no need to bring in a RB
Probably one of if not the least position of need. Want is another issue entirely.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Well if you can't see a dropoff from Gibbs to McClellan, I can't help you. Nobody we have is as good as Judkins with OM or Sanders with Arky.
You do know Ole Miss had an All American OL, right? Did Bama have one of those? I’m going to guess and say not.even.close.
And if you don’t think THAT matters, then I can’t help you.
See how that works?

Reactions: bama579

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.