Deion is on his way to Colorado

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
How do we know Sanders doesn't know the X's and O's side of the game and his success at JSU was due to some other reason? Football is football, and I'm sure he ran into a lot of other HC's at JSU that had a ton more coaching experience yet he still held his own. Maybe the guy knows more about the X's and O's part of the game than given credit for. 🤷‍♂️
I mean, he played a full four years under a legendary college HC, was NFL Defensive Player of the Year, and an 8-time Pro Bowler.

It's weird to me that there are folks who assume he doesn't understand the game.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I mean, he played a full four years under a legendary college HC, was NFL Defensive Player of the Year, and an 8-time Pro Bowler.

It's weird to me that there are folks who assume he doesn't understand the game.
Not to mention the 30 championship rings.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I think Deion will be a success at Colorado, especially now in this NIL/Portal era, he can flip one of the worst rosters in America into a solid P5 roster overnight.

Another factor, and it’s the reason why I thought he’d be a success at JSU despite having no college coaching experience is that Deion is a celebrity, a flashy personality and a lot of these kids grew watching Deion on the NFL Network and I’m sure they’re aware of his Hall of Fame career, looked up his highlights on YouTube, etc. He may not be a Saban or Kirby when it comes to Xs & Os in coaching but I don’t think Dabo is either and he’s won two titles. As long as he gets a good staff around him and can get good players, he’ll be fine.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I think people will try to poke holes in his coaching no matter what. He has already proven that he can win. I'm excited to see what he can do at Colorado. He is taking good steps, not jumping in at bigger schools yet like J. Pruitt did.
It's not his coaching that people have an issue with. It's his attitude.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I mean, it's not exactly new. Many people just don't like the way he acts and some of the stuff he says. He's always kinda skirted the line with a lot of his comments, a la Spurrier.
Which I find refreshing in this day of political correctness and virtue signaling. He has the cult of personality and frankly it's a joy to see.

Reactions: BigPoppa52 and Con

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think Deion will be a success at Colorado, especially now in this NIL/Portal era, he can flip one of the worst rosters in America into a solid P5 roster overnight.
Yeah, he signed seven four and five star players in the last two years at Jackson State - there are bunch of P5 teams that haven't signed that many in the past two seasons...

Another factor, and it’s the reason why I thought he’d be a success at JSU despite having no college coaching experience is that Deion is a celebrity, a flashy personality and a lot of these kids grew watching Deion on the NFL Network and I’m sure they’re aware of his Hall of Fame career, looked up his highlights on YouTube, etc. He may not be a Saban or Kirby when it comes to Xs & Os in coaching but I don’t think Dabo is either and he’s won two titles. As long as he gets a good staff around him and can get good players, he’ll be fine.
This is what some people are missing - I think some folks don't like him as he's not of the 'old school' mold - but young players today LOVE him and connect with him. I've already heard of some players that are suggesting they want to make an official visit to CO just to meet him.

Everything about football seems to be changing right now, and I suspect Deion is doing something now (and will be successful) that will essentially break down some long-standing barriers of various types.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yeah, he signed seven four and five star players in the last two years at Jackson State - there are bunch of P5 teams that haven't signed that many in the past two seasons...

This is what some people are missing - I think some folks don't like him as he's not of the 'old school' mold - but young players today LOVE him and connect with him. I've already heard of some players that are suggesting they want to make an official visit to CO just to meet him.

Everything about football seems to be changing right now, and I suspect Deion is doing something now (and will be successful) that will essentially break down some long-standing barriers of various types.
If players these days are that…let’s just say “impressionable”, thank goodness the Barn didn’t get him.

Reactions: Tidelines

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If players these days are that…let’s just say “impressionable”, thank goodness the Barn didn’t get him.
It really boils down to - can he coach teams that match his personae?

If so, then his style is just different, but he results will speak for themselves.

If not, he'll make a bunch of cash and further his 'image' while CO flounders and he's out in a few years.

I expect it will be the former. ultimately, as a football fan, I don't care - I love Kiffin and Leach, despite their occasionally outlandish personalities. I just want to see good football, it's entertainment.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
How do we know Sanders doesn't know the X's and O's side of the game and his success at JSU was due to some other reason? Football is football, and I'm sure he ran into a lot of other HC's at JSU that had a ton more coaching experience yet he still held his own. Maybe the guy knows more about the X's and O's part of the game than given credit for. 🤷‍♂️
He may I am not sure if he does or not. I’m sure he knows a lot about DBs. It’s offense, special teams, and clock management I would question. Let’s face it, there are career coaches who are lacking ( Golding for one.) I just don’t see how he could be up to snuff at this point In his coaching career. Maybe.......

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He may I am not sure if he does or not. I’m sure he knows a lot about DBs. It’s offense, special teams, and clock management I would question. Let’s face it, there are career coaches who are lacking ( Golding for one.) I just don’t see how he could be up to snuff at this point In his coaching career. Maybe.......
Are you really compring Gol*ing (someone who only played four years at the FCS level) to a guy who played four years of (what's now) FBS football, followed by 14 years in the NFL, then three years as an FCS HC? I mean, I'm really not trying to be a Sanders apologist here, but the guy played both offense and defense in the NFL - I suspect he knows both sides of the ball well...

I'm really puzzled as to why so many people are trying to discount the guy - he's won everywhere he's been. He knows the game and will win a BUNCH of recruiting battles...

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
No not comparing the at all. Just my two cents on being too optimistic on a coach that is so new to the profession.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.