2018 Prospect: QB Brock Purdy

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Well, I guess that is it, then. Now we can all hold our breath to see if anyone transfers.

Rtr

jme

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2018
Probably right hopefully that means we got good news on some others

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
with us telling White he could come and Purdy to wait, he got his feelings hurt.
Don't blame him. Looks like we are not going to sign a QB (don't really want Foster). Hope we stay healthy or convince somebody not to transfer.
I just saw on BOL that he is no longer considering us.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Don't blame him. Looks like we are not going to sign a QB (don't really want Foster). Hope we stay healthy or convince somebody not to transfer.
I just saw on BOL that he is no longer considering us.
Don't expect any qb to get an loi

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Lots of new members lately. This is an interesting choice for a first post, and the fact that you were motivated to take the time required to create the new profile just to present it says a lot. I’ll ask which team you pull for, but I’m sure you’ll say Alabama…

This was a lazy piece, written in haste by a guy who did nothing more than re-word an article from “Outkick” that was written back in December…if you need to be sure, you can look it up because I refuse to link it and give this any visibility.

Facts:
Purdy was a only a 3-star recruit, yet Nick Saban thought highly enough of him to offer a scholarship.

Purdy had 13 other scholarship offers, including the one from Alabama (which was the highest profile school) and chose Arizona State, yet only calls out one of the other coaches afterwards.

Purdy basically got his 3-star feelings hurt because Saban didn’t treat him like a 5-star quarterback during his recruiting trip.

Purdy had such a fantastically amazing college career that he was chosen absolutely last in the NFL draft.

Purdy hasn’t even played an entire NFL season this year and his team has an absolutely amazing defense…yet the author is insinuating that Purdy is the sole reason team is great.

You just can’t make this stuff up

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
“Supposedly”. This is more a hit piece on Saban than a praise piece on Purdy.

where are the articles on all the other high profile coaches who passed on him as well? I’ll wait.
Baseless sniping. And what about all them gimlet-eyed NFL GMs and player personnel peeps who had the final draft word and "voted" him Mr. Irrelevant?

Purdy would've might've played some at 'Bama, but he would've developed even more under the then-OCs.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
A new poster (with a birthday of April 1st) who makes a post bashing Saban to start?

I'd say ban and remove the post. This is a troll.
C'mon, Coach, where's your compassion? Not to say Saban's infallible or anything, but - remember this one?

I went to a couple Princeton games looking to see what Saban saw in him - and he wasn't even on the roster. Think he played about eight snaps in his three years at Old Nassau.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.