Deion is on his way to Colorado

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The absurd thing is that coaches are now having to deal with players coming to them about “failures with NIL deals”.

I heard a writer talking about speaking with coaches at the AFCA conference in Charlotte about the problem.

Some of this crap is so shady it is ridiculous.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Hard to believe but UF offered the QB 13 million...then they could not come up with the money. Probably a good thing...

NIL is OOC...
I think this may be something that becomes a common thing in the college version of free agency. It's one thing to make a promise and write a check to get a recruit, but it's an entire different animal when the checks have to actually clear. These monies aren't coming from revenue generated by the school or the football revenue. They are having to come from private parties' money. If the University of Florida already has this issue it is not out of the realm of possibility that others will run into this as well.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I gotta admit, I really like what I'm hearing from Deion...

I’ve said for some time that we need to award certain numbers, not retire them.

2. (Henry)
6. (Smitty)
9. (Young)
12. (Several)
22. (Musso, Ingram)
34. (Bryant)
54. (Lee Roy)
58. (Thomas)
73. (Hannah)
75. (Jones)
82. (Newsome)
97. (Bennett)

I’d add the numbers for Fred Sington, Don Hutson and Dixie Howell if I could remember them.

Can’t believe I’m on the same page as Deion Sanders.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I’ve said for some time that we need to award certain numbers, not retire them.

2. (Henry)
6. (Smitty)
9. (Young)
12. (Several)
22. (Musso, Ingram)
34. (Bryant)
54. (Lee Roy)
58. (Thomas)
73. (Hannah)
75. (Jones)
82. (Newsome)
97. (Bennett)

I’d add the numbers for Fred Sington, Don Hutson and Dixie Howell if I could remember them.

Can’t believe I’m on the same page as Deion Sanders.
How about number 8 for julio?

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
I spoke to CU's former QB the other night @ softball. Transferred to Arkansas State after being told by Deion that his son was the new starting QB.

• Thank You
Reactions: Tidewater

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
You should have to earn the job. I have never cared for Deion. Hope this comes back to bite him.
Yeah, what makes it worse is Deionis on video stating players have to earn their spots yet in his opening press conference named his son the starting QB. Not a good look and yes could very well come back to bite him.

Reactions: The Ols and Toddrn

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I spoke to CU's former QB the other night @ softball. Transferred to Arkansas State after being told by Deion that his son was the new starting QB.
Remember, Deion has also said his son would have to earn it. Everybody loved running with his comments but liked leaving that last phrase off...

My understanding is that Deion told a lot of guys to go on and walk on out the door when he got there because he had seen the film and knew what they were.

For example, Shrout (the QB in question) completed just 44% (90 of 203) of his passes in 2022 for 1,220 yards, 7 TDs and 8 INTS. The QB of a team that went 1-11.

Different competition, etc, but Shedeur (Deion's QB son) hit 70% (341 of 483) of his passes last year for 3,732 yards, 40 TDs and 6 INTS. His team went 12-1 and won their conference.

Just sayin'...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yeah, what makes it worse is Deionis on video stating players have to earn their spots yet in his opening press conference named his son the starting QB. Not a good look and yes could very well come back to bite him.
Again, watch the video - he follows that up with "but he'll have to earn it". Everyone wants to talk about the fist part as if he didn't say the second. heck, a lot of videos cut him off after the first part of the phrase. Unbiased journalism and all that...

I don't know Deion from Adam, maybe he's not at all about playing the best player but rather playing his boys. His call, not mine, but either way he's been very successful, so I'm gonna let him do his thing and see how it goes.

Reactions: The Ols and 92tide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Again, watch the video - he follows that up with "but he'll have to earn it". Everyone wants to talk about the fist part as if he didn't say the second. heck, a lot of videos cut him off after the first part of the phrase. Unbiased journalism and all that...

I don't know Deion from Adam, maybe he's not at all about playing the best player but rather playing his boys. His call, not mine, but either way he's been very successful, so I'm gonna let him do his thing and see how it goes.
I heard the second part, but the first part (for me) takes significant credibility away from the second part. Ultimately, the Buffs will be better under Sanders, heck it's almost impossible not to be seeing how bad they've been.

Reactions: The Ols

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well Sanders has been the number 1 puller of talent from the transfer portal and he says he is not done though they already have 95 on scholly. Looks like he is serious about contending no matter whose feelings he hurts.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.