OC and DC replacement discussion

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I guess none of us know for sure but I'm like 90-95% positive that CNS orchestrated Golding's lateral move.

It just doesn't make sense to leave Alabama for Ole Miss for the same position otherwise.

Plus CNS didn't even TRY to keep Golding which also makes me feel good about it.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment with the OC and DC replacements (just in case) but it really seems like CNS just got fed up with both guys and let them leave in a good light vs just outright firing them (which I would have preferred...lol)
As Buck Belue would say, ‘Well, Duh! ‘

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Looks like Todd Monken had an interview in the NFL for OC and will have another interview with a different team also.. seems he is looking to return to the NFL.

I hope Saban has already hired an OC behind the scenes, or has someone seriously in mind for our OC job... now there will probably be competition with UGA/Kirby in hiring someone for OC. There is still a chance Monken stays at UGA, but I bet he goes back to NFL. I'm sure lots of coaches will want to work for Kirby now just like they do Saban. If Coach Saban is really trying to get Jeff Lebby and Lebby decides to stay at Oklahoma, I wonder if Saban will try for Brian Johnson or someone else from the NFL?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It just doesn't make sense to leave Alabama for Ole Miss for the same position otherwise.
If I read correctly OM offered Gol*ing 400,000 reasons a year to go to Oxford over Bama.

Don't care, I'm going to believe Saban made it happen because he realized it had to happen - even if it took him a while to get there...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Looks like Todd Monken had an interview in the NFL for OC and will have another interview with a different team also.. seems he is looking to return to the NFL.

I hope Saban has already hired an OC behind the scenes, or has someone seriously in mind for our OC job... now there will probably be competition with UGA/Kirby in hiring someone for OC. There is still a chance Monken stays at UGA, but I bet he goes back to NFL. I'm sure lots of coaches will want to work for Kirby now just like they do Saban. If Coach Saban is really trying to get Jeff Lebby and Lebby decides to stay at Oklahoma, I wonder if Saban will try for Brian Johnson or someone else from the NFL?
I heard this about 2 weeks ago from a Georgia fan. The rumor was possibly Lebby to replace Monken at UGA . That may be why the Lebby thing has dragged on .

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If I read correctly OM offered Gol*ing 400,000 reasons a year to go to Oxford over Bama.

Don't care, I'm going to believe Saban made it happen because he realized it had to happen - even if it took him a while to get there...
You don't think if Nick wanted to keep PG, he couldn't match that price

• Thank You
Reactions: tusks_n_raider

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Possibly.

But not everyone wants to work as hard as Saban works you. And my understanding is that Gol*ing's wife is from Oxford and her family is still there - that was apparently a motivating factor (at least that's the story, and it's somewhat plausible).

Either way, he's gone and future looks brighter in my world because of it.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yep

That was part of my point in my post without me explicitly stating it.

Golding going from Bama to Ole Miss is really a Step Down career wise regardless of getting a pay raise and going from DC to DC is lateral at best.

But CNS didn't match that offer or raise it either.

Golding is gone because CNS is completely fine with it and imo it's Kiffin doing CNS a solid.

It helps us and Kiffin probably thinks it helps him too (though I doubt it).

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I came to TideFans as a refugee from Tider Insider. Hard to believe it’s been so long, but back in 2004 I declined to renew my subscription due to the exact stuff you cite. The poster-on-poster attacks could get both vicious and highly personal, and unsubstantiated rumors abounded.

I begged the owner to get a tighter grip on the content, and we had some email back and forth about it. Essentially, it’s his livelihood and he felt that he would lose subscribers and therefore income. I felt that he would gain far more than he lost, both monetarily and in terms of credibility. He didn’t see it that way.

His site, his rules. So we both made our choices and went separate ways.

I still think he’d be better off financially if he had tighter controls.
I’ve met RO and his “moderators” multiple times because of mutual friends. Pretty much I’ve come to the conclusion that RO has no clue of how to run a website. It’s why it still looks like a forum of the early 2000’s. I have also heard them say multiple times that they fear that they would lose 30-40% of their subscribers in a month if they truly moderate it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Possibly.

But not everyone wants to work as hard as Saban works you. And my understanding is that Gol*ing's wife is from Oxford and her family is still there - that was apparently a motivating factor (at least that's the story, and it's somewhat plausible).

Either way, he's gone and future looks brighter in my world because of it.
I think if he left , those were contributing factors . But it also has to be tough listening to what is said about you by fans. I know coaches say they don't listen, But the beast that is Nick’s dynasty swallowed Pete Golding. Didn't even chew him up first .
We know Lane pays attention to what is said, and I am sure he will use the Bama fan reaction to motivate Pete and the Ole Miss defense next year when they play Bama. Don't know if it will help , though.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I’ve met RO and his “moderators” multiple times because of mutual friends. Pretty much I’ve come to the conclusion that RO has no clue of how to run a website. It’s why it still looks like a forum of the early 2000’s. I have also heard them say multiple times that they fear that they would lose 30-40% of their subscribers in a month if they truly moderate it.
They would if that place is same as it was in the Early to Mid 00's when I was there.

It was absolutely lawless on TI with Rumors running wild all the time and Posters attacking each other with insults.

I still liked it back then because there were *some* true insiders there at the time since info leaked during the 3 Mikes regimes and you could find out a lot of juicy stuff from behind the scenes.

The recruiting inside info was great back then too around the time we started getting some 4 Stars like DJ Hall and Keith Brown at WR which was rare then.

But anyway after a while I just couldn't put up with all the non sense that was going on between posters.

It was worse than the Rant for me. I was a member of BOL for a while too and it also had issues.

TideFans is the best forum I've been apart of easily and I don't mean just for an Alabama sports board... I mean best forum period.

The moderation is a Huge part of that but also the quality of the members.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think people need to brace themselves for disappointing hires based on the expectations that they had after getting rid of BoB and Golding.

idk if Grantham would get that elevation but it wouldn’t be a shock or a downgrade compared to what we had.
If it isn't Pruitt or Schumann or Leonard, I bet Saban goes with Grantham/Austin Armstrong as Co DC's. I hope it is not Grantham though. If Pruitt ends up being an analyst, maybe he can help coach. Did that new rule pass yet that analysts can coach?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I guess none of us know for sure but I'm like 90-95% positive that CNS orchestrated Golding's lateral move.

Plus CNS didn't even TRY to keep Golding which also makes me feel good about it.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment with the OC and DC replacements (just in case) but it really seems like CNS just got fed up with both guys and let them leave in a good light vs just outright firing them (which I would have preferred...lol)
Maybe Golding was tired of all the hate from Bama fans. And decided to move on.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They would if that place is same as it was in the Early to Mid 00's when I was there.

It was absolutely lawless on TI with Rumors running wild all the time and Posters attacking each other with insults.

I still liked it back then because there were *some* true insiders there at the time since info leaked during the 3 Mikes regimes and you could find out a lot of juicy stuff from behind the scenes.

The recruiting inside info was great back then too around the time we started getting some 4 Stars like DJ Hall and Keith Brown at WR which was rare then.

But anyway after a while I just couldn't put up with all the non sense that was going on between posters.

It was worse than the Rant for me. I was a member of BOL for a while too and it also had issues.

TideFans is the best forum I've been apart of easily and I don't mean just for an Alabama sports board... I mean best forum period.

The moderation is a Huge part of that but also the quality of the members.
Yeah. I’ve never liked it but I’m convinced to go back every now then for baseball because this site really doesn’t have a good amount of posters for it. But I instantly regret it. Because you are called every name in the book and it’s filled with insiders like our Pruitt insider here.

It’s less moderated than the Rant. But it’s RO’s thing. I prefer this site.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.