News Article: Georgia football player Devin Willock, staff member Chandler LeCroy killed in car crash

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I thought the report said Willock was in the back driver side of the vehicle.
Maybe it did.
I didn’t read the report.

As much as I despise the news media, I can’t blame them for not getting it 100% right at the outset. That’s just life. But I know enough that things will change so I don’t pay much attention to “first reports” other than generally. If you go watch the CNN of the Reagan shooting they go through a long period of “Reagan wasn’t hit.” And I try not to let the early reports of anything influence me TOO much because inevitably details are wrong.

Reactions: dtgreg

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I mean, I don't expect them to say anything else, assuming they're not lying.

They might be on the hook here but they may not be - if she was acting outside of her official capacity does the university deserve blame?

I get it's not a black-and-white issue here, but I an also understand the statement by the university. I'd expect the exact same response from any school.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
She’s still a University employee drinking with students. The price will go way up if there’s evidence she was on a retrieval mission, or driving them around at the behest of someone higher on the food chain.

Reactions: dtgreg and seebell

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I would think it was personal use. If the two players were in the backseat, I would think they were being retrieved. With the seating arrangement seemed more like a date. Use of the vehicle may of still been approved by higher ups in advance. We just do not, nor will we likely ever know the whole truth.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Also be careful what u text on your phone, you never know maybe one day the DA might seek a search warrant on it.

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaInMo1

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Officials will dig into whether or not what happened here was common practice or not. If it was common practice, their policy is meaningless. If this was an anomaly then it would probably take the school largely off the hook.

Reactions: bamaga

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
They will do everything they can to blame the deceased and will distance themselves as far from her as they can. I want to hear what the survivors have to say.
Yep, it was a tragedy, now everyone is playing the blame game

i wonder if the Georgia fans so bent on wanting Nate Oats explain in detail the Universities ‘coverup’ and ‘protection ‘ of Darius Miles, feel the same about Kirby and Lecroy.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Officials will dig into whether or not what happened here was common practice or not. If it was common practice, their policy is meaningless. If this was an anomaly then it would probably take the school largely off the hook.
Being as how there were two staffers in the vehicle, I’m going with the former actually being reality. “Proving it” may be impossible, people will be silenced (bought off by job threats, not killed).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I’d imagine the “no personal use” rule comes from the insurance company. The big question is does the university enforce the rule or do they just look the other way? If she had a fender bender when she was going to the store in the afternoon (for personal reasons) would they have been responsible for repairs or would they have told her it was her problem?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I’d imagine the “no personal use” rule comes from the insurance company. The big question is does the university enforce the rule or do they just look the other way? If she had a fender bender when she was going to the store in the afternoon (for personal reasons) would they have been responsible for repairs or would they have told her it was her problem?
Since it was a rental, said fender bender would be covered by either a University policy or insurance purchased at time of lease. Unless she was breaking the law, I doubt she’d be held responsible for damages.
Now, if it’s a policy through the rental company, they only cover their vehicle; so if said fender bender was her fault she would be responsible for any damage to other property or vehicle(s); whether she actually paid or not would depend on Unversity’s insurance policies. I’m thinking she would not.
If she was violating terms of the rental agreement, then she or the university would likely be responsible.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
If the SUV was officially a "recruiting vehicle," and she was driving current players around in it, wouldn't that automatically mean that it was being used for something other than its intended purpose?

Reactions: dtgreg

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If the SUV was officially a "recruiting vehicle," and she was driving current players around in it, wouldn't that automatically mean that it was being used for something other than its intended purpose?
With the transfer portal, couldn't using the vehicle with players after hours be justified as recruiting/pacifying your current roster? Coaches say the hardest part of the transfer portal is having to recruit your current players.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.