OC and DC replacement discussion

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
They would if that place is same as it was in the Early to Mid 00's when I was there.

It was absolutely lawless on TI with Rumors running wild all the time and Posters attacking each other with insults.

….

TideFans is the best forum I've been apart of easily and I don't mean just for an Alabama sports board... I mean best forum period.

The moderation is a Huge part of that but also the quality of the members.
Think of TideFans as an organization — a loose confederation of individuals with a common interest, but an organization nonetheless.

Organizational culture comes from the top, and BamaNation has done a great job creating one that balances solid information, room for opinion and civil debate, fun and a whole lot of people who are really knowledgeable on a wide variety of topics having nothing to do with sports.

I guess you could say that other boards have organizational cultures as well — just not generally one that appeals to me.

Last edited:
Think of TideFans as an organization — a loose confederation, but an organization nonetheless.

Organizational culture comes from the top, and BamaNation has done a great job creating one that balances solid information, room for opinion and civil debate, fun and a whole lot of people who are really knowledgeable on a wide variety of topics having nothing to do with sports.

I guess you could say that other boards have organizational cultures as well — just not generally one that appeals to me.
I started seriously using this board and another one, built on the same software, at a professional news/recruiting site, around the same time. Mods are solid both places but they’re much looser on moderation in terms of allowing multiple competing threads, rumor threads, and just pointless threads to be posted and continue. Neither is perfect (for example, the OC/DC thread here is impossibly long if you didn’t start at the outset) but I generally prefer this model.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It isn't even funny. It would be one thing if you changed it to something funny. i.e. Ryan Day born on 3rd base, but to just change it to something that is just untrue is weird and pathetic.
Responding without catching up and has probably already been asked: So you are saying that Ryan Day being born on 3rd base isn't untrue...🤔

😆

Last edited:
Reactions: seebell

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I guess none of us know for sure but I'm like 90-95% positive that CNS orchestrated Golding's lateral move.

It just doesn't make sense to leave Alabama for Ole Miss for the same position otherwise.

Plus CNS didn't even TRY to keep Golding which also makes me feel good about it.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment with the OC and DC replacements (just in case) but it really seems like CNS just got fed up with both guys and let them leave in a good light vs just outright firing them (which I would have preferred...lol)
Yep and he clearly really likes Golding personally and, like other coaches who are let go, he made dang sure not to publicly embarrass him.

Reactions: DrJJoyner

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I'm going to be really shocked (and really disappointed) if the DC situation isn't one of Schumann or Leonhard or Pruitt (if he's able to be hired).

There's no good reason other than Pruitt's status that we shouldn't be able to get one of those names.

I really have no clue how the OC situation will play out but from the names out there I prefer either Lebby or Brian Johnson.

If we end up with Dooley and Grantham I'm not sure I can watch much of next season.... not that it will happen but I can't go through another season of subpar coaching from mediocre coaches that just flat WASTES our Talent level.

With great hires the Sky is the limit next year.... 15-0 is on the table.

With poor hires we could lose 4-6 games because we have too much to fix on both sides of the ball from BoB and Golding and Bryce won't be around to bail the team out.

These will be the 2 most important hires of the last several years because if CNS gets it right this run has 3-5 years left and if he gets it wrong....like real wrong.... it's over.
With Grantham and Dooley I don't think you will sniff another NC unless something has changed..............I just don't see it. There is a reason they aren't on staff in any capacity other than analysts with other schools right now................I don't think Saban will choose either one, but if he does, well.............it was a nice run.
I certainly wouldn't let coach bowl cut snatch a good OC away from me

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Lebby is one of the highest paid coordinators in the country. His contract was for three years at 5.7 million. Not sure what his buyout would be. When he was offered the job he said "yes as fast as he could." He said he was very excited to return to Oklahoma. Since he is an Okie alum, I am so not sure if he would check out after only one year.

Last edited:

Bamachamps

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 14, 2017
I bet either a OC or DC we get is coming from one of the 4 teams in the NFL playoffs. Seems to be taking too long for a OC. I understand the Pruitt deal could take a few weeks. Or maybe Demarco is coming as DC and coach in waiting.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Possibly.

But not everyone wants to work as hard as Saban works you. And my understanding is that Gol*ing's wife is from Oxford and her family is still there - that was apparently a motivating factor (at least that's the story, and it's somewhat plausible).

Either way, he's gone and future looks brighter in my world because of it.
She’s from Cleveland, MS….town where Pete went to college. She did go to Ole Miss for college.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
Lebby is one of the highest paid coordinators in the country. His contract was for three years at 5.7 million. Not sure what his buyout would be. When he was offered the job he said "yes as fast as he could." He said he was very excited to return to Oklahoma. Since he is an Okie alum so not sure if he would check out after only one year.
Unless he’s caught wind of Oklahoma talking to Heupel.. just spitballing… 🤔

I bet either a OC or DC we get is coming from one of the 4 teams in the NFL playoffs. Seems to be taking too long for a OC. I understand the Pruitt deal could take a few weeks. Or maybe Demarco is coming as DC and coach in waiting.
Demeco is either head coach of the Houston Texans or DC for the 49ers next year. Regardless, this isn’t taking long by Saban standards. It just seems long because we’ve been talking about it for months.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Demeco is either head coach of the Houston Texans or DC for the 49ers next year. Regardless, this isn’t taking long by Saban standards. It just seems long because we’ve been talking about it for months.
This. There has been much discussion on the DC/OC position for over a year (years with DC). It just seems like this is taking forever since we have been talking about it forever.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Lebby is one of the highest paid coordinators in the country. His contract was for three years at 5.7 million. Not sure what his buyout would be. When he was offered the job he said "yes as fast as he could." He said he was very excited to return to Oklahoma. Since he is an Okie alum, I am so not sure if he would check out after only one year.
Credible reports have stated the situation in Norman started to sour pretty quickly and Lebby was "definitely open" to entertaining offers. It doesn't mean he will ultimately leave, but it sounds like "going home" isn't always the best of experiences. I'd love to have him and hopefully, Saban makes him tell him no.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'm still holding out hope for Jeff Lebby, but I didn't know how big his salary was at OU and leaving after one year

Credible reports have stated the situation in Norman started to sour pretty quickly and Lebby was "definitely open" to entertaining offers. It doesn't mean he will ultimately leave, but it sounds like "going home" isn't always the best of experiences. I'd love to have him and hopefully, Saban makes him tell him no.
I believe I read the buyout on the last two years of his contract was about $3.7 million.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.