BREAKING Bama ramping up NIL

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Do I like it.... no. But I understand it. When you have oil barrons out in Texas buying players left and right, this is where it is headed to. Saban just trying to stay ahead of the "other guys".

Reactions: bamamc1

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Do I like it.... no. But I understand it. When you have oil barrons out in Texas buying players left and right, this is where it is headed to. Saban just trying to stay ahead of the "other guys".
Their money doesn't matter.

The reality is A&M bought that team because that was the only way they could get those kids to commit there. Bama doesn't have to do that - players know by coming to Bama they'll be developed and have a shot at the NFL. Doesn't mean Bama doesn't have NIL collectives, etc. , but it means they don't need nearly as much.

“It wasn’t about the NIL money, because I’m not getting as much money as Iowa would’ve paid me,”

Kadyn Proctor's story is more common than most want to believe because they want to think their money will fix their programs problems. It won't.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Their money doesn't matter.

The reality is A&M bought that team because that was the only way they could get those kids to commit there. Bama doesn't have to do that - players know by coming to Bama they'll be developed and have a shot at the NFL. Doesn't mean Bama doesn't have NIL collectives, etc. , but it means they don't need nearly as much.

“It wasn’t about the NIL money, because I’m not getting as much money as Iowa would’ve paid me,”

Kadyn Proctor's story is more common than most want to believe because they want to think their money will fix their programs problems. It won't.

Agree, however, for all the Kadyn Proctor's out there, some key players could still be and will be missed due to a bidding war. This is still in the early phases of a "nuclear arms race" in college football.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Can you imagine being a stud athlete at 18 and having serious money thrown at you? Especially with many kids not having a stable, mature adult in their lives?

But, as Saban said before, “Is this what you want college football to be?” Ok, then, let’s play. Saban will do it right and kids will make some good money before they turn pro in football or whatever life brings.

Reactions: BamaDMD

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Agree, however, for all the Kadyn Proctor's out there, some key players could still be and will be missed due to a bidding war. This is still in the early phases of a "nuclear arms race" in college football.
And that's literally the way it's always been.

But young men with NFL aspirations know for a fact that teams like Bama, UGA, and OSU develop and put players in the league at a higher rate than most teams. The smart ones - the ones you really want because they have the intelligence and maturity to commit to doing the hard work and playing the 'long game' - are the ones you want anyway.

And with the xfer portal now, they can get paid by programs like texas 5&7 then transfer to a school where they'll be developed at a high level. Just look at 5&7's class from last year and where they are now...

It's become pretty obvious that the huge treasure chest of cash is far less important if the pipeline to the NFL isn't there.

Reactions: whatsamatta U

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
We've seen this story before with other NCAA rules, guidelines...

• NCAA allows NIL with very little regulation.
  • Schools start going crazy and Saban warns NCAA that more regulation is needed.
  • NCAA ignores the warning signs.
  • Public thinks Saban/Bama is having trouble competing with other schools for NIL, gets excited thinking NIL is taking done Bama.
  • Saban announces plan to start doing what other schools are doing, probably going to take it to another level that those schools didn't think was possible.
  • NCAA will eventually step in to regulate NIL more because Saban/Bama start blowing everyone away with NIL deals.

Tradition: Beating everyone at their own game until the NCAA changes the rules.​

Last edited:

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I thought when all this started that Alabama needed to reach as many fans as possible to raise our NIL fund to competitive levels. If a million fans ( doable ) gave 10-100 dollars a piece, no one would out bid us. A crazy as that sounds that is where all of this is going. How good do you want Bama to be? I don’t go to games like I use to so I plan on contributing some. Just giving back some ( more ) for something I enjoy immensely.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Reactions: bamamc1

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I thought when all this started that Alabama needed to reach as many fans as possible to raise our NIL fund to competitive levels. If a million fans ( doable ) gave 10-100 dollars a piece, no one would out bid us. A crazy as that sounds that is where all of this is going. How good do you want Bama to be? I don’t go to games like I use to so I plan on contributing some. Just giving back some ( more ) for something I enjoy immensely.
I have enjoyed college ball immensely myself and Bama football in particular, but I draw the line here. This is wrong as it is right now.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think it is forward thinking. I mean, I DVR one, maybe two programs a month on Uverse and give AT&T $250 a month. I could cancel that easily and give to the University and get more value for my money.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I think the big loser in all these changes to college football is going to be attendance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.