Photo thread - Part III

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just saw this...and yes, Okie is right. When I coached youth baseball my church youth called me coach. The adults had to figure it out...
Hope you know I meant no disrespect. Agree 100% about coaching in many walks of life, regardless of one's occupation.

Back when I was in corporate sales one of the concepts we learned was everyone is in sales. They were making a point that people look at you and what you say and are influenced, even if that's not the task at hand.

Reactions: seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Hope you know I meant no disrespect. Agree 100% about coaching in many walks of life, regardless of one's occupation.

Back when I was in corporate sales one of the concepts we learned was everyone is in sales. They were making a point that people look at you and what you say and are influenced, even if that's not the task at hand.
Not at all...and yes, we are all in sales...everyone of us is selling someone on something...and I mean that in the good sense of the term.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Bazza

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Retired the end of July this year. My wife and I took our first trip to Colorado the last week of Sept / first week of Oct. Did 4000 mile round trip from Athens, AL, 9 states and multiple stops in the way. Loved it!!View attachment 29349
Everybody should drive across country at least once. You miss so much on a plane. We took a month and drove to Yellowstone. No itinerary, we just drove, and took detours to see different points of interest. I went Trout Fishing in 9 states. It was a hoot.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
@Tug Tide

A 747 being towed by Coast Guard tug 'Island Trader' from Quonset State Airport, Rhode Island to National Harbour on the Potomac by way of Cape Henry, Virginia.

View attachment 32131
I’m curious where that pic and info came from. The only tug named “Island Trader” I can find in the public databases belongs to a private company not the USCG.

Our office in Staten Island has a framed pic of one of our tugs towing a NASA shuttle sometime around the early 2000’s.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and UAH

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I’m curious where that pic and info came from. The only tug named “Island Trader” I can find in the public databases belongs to a private company not the USCG.

Our office in Staten Island has a framed pic of one of our tugs towing a NASA shuttle sometime around the early 2000’s.

Ah sorry......apparently the caption under the photo was incorrect.

Should have been:

The Coast Guard announced a 747 will be towed by Stevens tug “Island Trader” from Quonset State Airport, Rhode Island to National Harbor on the Potomac by way of Cape Henry, Virginia. The plane will leave September 27 and arrive October 1 to be part of AirForceOneExperience.com

Good catch, @Tug Tide !

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
An aerial view of Hunter's Point Naval Shipyard, San Francisco, California (USA), with three docked aircraft carriers on 25 August 1971. The carriers are the USS Ranger (CVA-61) (in dry dock), USS Coral Sea (CVA-43), and the USS Hancock (CVA-19) (left).

Hunter's Point Naval Shipyard, San Francisco, California.jpg

Reactions: Bidgoodman and UAH

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

Should have been:

The Coast Guard announced a 747 will be towed by Stevens tug “Island Trader” from Quonset State Airport, Rhode Island to National Harbor on the Potomac by way of Cape Henry, Virginia. The plane will leave September 27 and arrive October 1 to be part of AirForceOneExperience.com

Good catch, @Tug Tide !
G

Should have been:

Good catch, @Tug Tide !
Gotcha @Bazza
That would be a fun tow

Reactions: Bazza

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.