News Article: Georgia football player Devin Willock, staff member Chandler LeCroy killed in car crash

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Who was using a UGA owned vehicle.................
Racing a football player with a jeep trackhawk. Some of you know what that car is, wish I had one, it is a beast. The explorer is not. I'm just doing the math here. Carter could be charged with extra penalties. Leaving the scene, an accessory to a vehicular homicide, and more. Now everyone will be in CYA mode and lawyer up. Lied twice to the cops. Took off, did he call 911?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
She was the one driving drunk at 104 mph. Not UGA or Kirby Smart.
i think the ajc sort of has a point

This is Kirby Smart’s program, for better and for worse. He’s paid $11.25 million per annum to win national titles, which he has done two years running. He’s also charged with running a program filled with players and staff. Forty-five days ago, one player and one staffer died.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Racing a football player with a jeep trackhawk. Some of you know what that car is, wish I had one, it is a beast. The explorer is not. I'm just doing the math here. Carter could be charged with extra penalties. Leaving the scene, an accessory to a vehicular homicide, and more. Now everyone will be in CYA mode and lawyer up. Lied twice to the cops. Took off, did he call 911?
That’s the biggest issue in this story, IMO. Leaving the scene, street racing, possible accessory to vehicular homicide. Extremely poor judgement and reckless decisions.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
really? I'm sorry who hired these people YOU DID. you are liable and will pay. Georgia needs to burn on this, this is a corrupt culture, Kirby well you're fired.
This is called, "Georgia has replaced us, therefore, we need to get rid of Kirby by all means necessary. Someone dies? It's HIS FAULT!! Fire him!"

Barring something we don't know right now - and I always hold the right to change my POV if something else emerges - Kirby ain't getting fired for this. This is called "dream on if you're even considering this might happen."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
All anyone has to do is show a pattern of a similar lack of oversight and they are just as likely to win in a lawsuit as not.
Tide-HSV would be more qualified to answer that, but my knee-jerk, completely unprofessional "lawyered" opinion is, that would be on the fringes of liability and would be very hard to gather the evidence to prove that.

The majority of companies who go to the expense of putting GPS on their vehicles are actively tracking unauthorized use. Granted, I know they are out there, but if UGA is one of the companies using GPS tracking and NOT monitoring it, I would be very, very surprised.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
If you have a company vehicle and go get drunk in it and wreck it, then the company will say you were using the vehicle in a manner in which they did not condone. They will cite employee manuals and employee training... even cite federal and state laws from a drivers license test

unless someone finds a message from a UGA administrator that said “take the company vehicle, get drunk and go racing afterwards” then it’s going to be hard the blame to be placed on UGA itself

will UGA come out of this clean? No absolutely not, I’m sure a lot of money will be spent. Will the courts decide that UGA administration is at fault for this incident? That’s unlikely

What exactly will happen to Jalen Carter? I don’t know, but currently the charges are misdemeanor charges. However, I don’t see them wasting time to bring him in for no reason

as far as a lawyer being on scene, I’m sure every UGA player (and other programs players) is told and trained that if something bad happens to immediately call a lawyer. This is probably something any of us should do in a bad situation, right or wrong

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
he was drag racing the car that did wreck. we don't know if he was drunk or not because HE LEFT THE SCENE!

Now tell me again how innocent he is.
I’m not saying he is innocent or guilty. I’m saying that comparing him to ruggs incident is apples and oranges. If you want to compare Chandler to Ruggs, it would be more apples to apples

Carter was on scene and a cop dismissed him from the scene. If the cop did not follow a protocol on Carter then an investigation should be placed on the officer and police department. He left the scene because an officer dismissed him from the scene after questioning (if that’s misinformation please let me know, this is what I’ve been told/read)

again, I have no idea what happened that night and if Carter is innocent or guilt…. Or if he is guilty exactly what he is guilty of

Reactions: B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
SEC Sports - where if the guy is on YOUR TEAM you cite legalities and if he's on the OTHER, you insist upon trial, conviction, and execution because that person has something to hide and probably supervises dog fights while sacrificing children to Satan and selling crack to teens.

The reactions of various fan bases to BOTH the Brandon Miller AND this case are a case study in this. (And NO...I'm NOT comparing the ACTIONS OF THE PRINCPALS INVOLVED - I'm comparing the predictable reactions of FANS to the moment something comes out).

(This is not directed AT anyone personally, either).

The same thing happens when an NZAA investigation comes up.

"Is my team's name on the list? No. FRY 'EM!!"
"Yes? Well, everyone does that."

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I’m not saying he is innocent or guilty. I’m saying that comparing him to ruggs incident is apples and oranges. If you want to compare Chandler to Ruggs, it would be more apples to apples

Carter was on scene and a cop dismissed him from the scene. If the cop did not follow a protocol on Carter then an investigation should be placed on the officer and police department. He left the scene because an officer dismissed him from the scene after questioning (if that’s misinformation please let me know, this is what I’ve been told/read)

again, I have no idea what happened that night and if Carter is innocent or guilt…. Or if he is guilty exactly what he is guilty of
again drag racing. if everyone drives normally this tragedy could have been avoided. everyone is at fault here

Reactions: Con

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
SEC Sports - where if the guy is on YOUR TEAM you cite legalities and if he's on the OTHER, you insist upon trial, conviction, and execution because that person has something to hide and probably supervises dog fights while sacrificing children to Satan and selling crack to teens.

The reactions of various fan bases to BOTH the Brandon Miller AND this case are a case study in this. (And NO...I'm NOT comparing the ACTIONS OF THE PRINCPALS INVOLVED - I'm comparing the predictable reactions of FANS to the moment something comes out).

(This is not directed AT anyone personally, either).

The same thing happens when an NZAA investigation comes up.

"Is my team's name on the list? No. FRY 'EM!!"
"Yes? Well, everyone does that."
It's called human conscious and subconscious bias. Welcome to being human, it's a beautiful screwed-up mess.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
If Chandler lived then Chandler would be facing a sentence similar to Henry Ruggs

Even if Jalen Carter had a BAC 3 times the upper limit, he would not be facing a sentence similar to Henry Ruggs. Unless* there is some sort of video of Carter physically running into the car that Chandler was driving and causing Chandler to wreck.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.