News Article: Georgia football player Devin Willock, staff member Chandler LeCroy killed in car crash

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Tide-HSV would be more qualified to answer that, but my knee-jerk, completely unprofessional "lawyered" opinion is, that would be on the fringes of liability and would be very hard to gather the evidence to prove that.

The majority of companies who go to the expense of putting GPS on their vehicles are actively tracking unauthorized use. Granted, I know they are out there, but if UGA is one of the companies using GPS tracking and NOT monitoring it, I would be very, very surprised.
I'm not a lawyer either, but if a pattern of neglect can be established then UGA could be held liable - potentially.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don’t know about liability. I do know the flagship university of a state as large as Georgia is a fat target.

It’s clear that UGA is handling the new disclosures a lot better than we did. Statements from Smart and the Athletic Department struck exactly the right tone on several different points.

Guessing they took notes from our abysmal handling of the Miller saga. They had statements prepared and ready to go ahead of time, and when the new information became public, they were prepared. That’s exactly the opposite of what we did — which was sit on our hands until Oats got blindsided in a press conference and stumbled badly.

The Miller thing should have been a non-story, but due to our own PR bungling, it turned into something much worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide and jjv0004

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I’m not saying he is innocent or guilty. I’m saying that comparing him to ruggs incident is apples and oranges. If you want to compare Chandler to Ruggs, it would be more apples to apples

Carter was on scene and a cop dismissed him from the scene. If the cop did not follow a protocol on Carter then an investigation should be placed on the officer and police department. He left the scene because an officer dismissed him from the scene after questioning (if that’s misinformation please let me know, this is what I’ve been told/read)

again, I have no idea what happened that night and if Carter is innocent or guilt…. Or if he is guilty exactly what he is guilty of
Did he question Carter, or did he question the lawyer?

Either way, one of them lied to the police.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Did he question Carter, or did he question the lawyer?

Either way, one of them lied to the police.
I believe it was carter

appears Carter was racing/reckless driving. Carter either witnessed the wreck or came upon it shortly after. Carter called 911 and most likely called the lawyer as well. Carter spoke with police and was cleared to go home by police

Reactions: B1GTide

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I believe it was carter

appears Carter was racing/reckless driving. Carter either witnessed the wreck or came upon it shortly after. Carter called 911 and most likely called the lawyer as well. Carter spoke with police and was cleared to go home by police
That scenario is mostly true...he wasn't "cleared", he was told.

Reactions: B1GTide

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
There's video of the strip club and the drag racing allegedly. That should be pretty telling.
If he was in the strip club, that doesn't bode well...and in all seriousness...you don't leave the scene of an accident that you were in ANY way involved in...unless there's a "reason" you need to leave.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
There's video of the strip club and the drag racing allegedly. That should be pretty telling.
If he was in the strip club, that doesn't bode well...and in all seriousness...you don't leave the scene of an accident that you were in ANY way involved in...unless there's a "reason" you need to leave.
I am not claiming innocence by any means

Reactions: Con and The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
There's a diagram from the crash site on TMZ that shows there was damage to "Vehicle 2"...
How do you get "cleared" at a death site with damage to your car after racing?
There have to be pictures of that too I would assume, before clearing him?

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
So the police officer let Carter just drive off after he had been drinking. Preferential treatment, home field advantage, whatever you want to call it. That fixer done his job well.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
So the police officer let Carter just drive off after he had been drinking. Preferential treatment, home field advantage, whatever you want to call it. That fixer done his job well.
In the diagram it looks as if Vehicle 2 spun as well and was mere feet (less) from Vehicle 1 that had the deceased inside.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
from what I have heard over here is the racing aspect wasn't known until they looked at surveillance tapes hence the arrest warrant
Check out the diagram...the damage and the resting place of the vehicles.
No way that cat walks if he doesn't play football.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018

yea this is getting deeper and deeper isn't it? If the car was off-road and near the crash with damage done to the vehicle, how did the cops let Carter go?

I know people on here probably think some of my comments may be bias due to being a Georgia fan, but I am trying to remain unbiased and argue facts as presented

If Carter's vehicle ran off the road and had damage then it completely changes things than from Carter was driving at fast speeds and witnessed the crash or carter was driving at fast speeds and came upon the crash

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Looks like "Vehicle 1 Initial Curb Strike".
im sure carter will try and say damage to his vehicle was done from driving off road after he saw the crash and that his vehicle never came in contact with the other... but it sure does make you wonder does it not

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.