A few player ratings for NCAA 2008

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
Hey guys, someone on psxsports.com works at EA and said that he got some hands on time with the game. I'm pretty sure it's legit, because he posted a picture of himself with the game. Here are some ratings for Bama players that he posted.

A big thanks to VTRunNGun on psxsports for these!

Alabama
-CB #2 *Impact Player*: 93 Overall...91 Speed...90 Awareness
-QB #14: 90 Overall...93 Throwing Power 90 Throwing Accuracy
-HB #38: 83 Overall...88 Speed...86 Break Tackle
-WR #22 *Impact Player*: 91 Overall...92 Speed
-LE #92 *Impact Player*: 91 Overall
-MLB #56: 91 Overall
-MLB #21: 90 Overall

I was hoping for a little better rating for DJ, but 91 is pretty good. I'm loving JPW's though. And our 3-4 defense should actually be pretty good with our two inside LBs being in the 90s. I don't know about Collins being rated the same as Gilberry and DJ.

Last edited:

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I was hoping for a little better rating for DJ, but 91 is pretty good. I'm loving JPW's though. And our 3-4 defense should actually be pretty good with our two inside LBs being in the 90s. I don't know about Collins being rated the same as Gilberry and DJ.
If you don't like the ratings of some players, just change them when you get the game. I don't think it's cheating as long as you're reasonable about it. I usually raise some ratings but I also lower some too. I'll lower Collins for sure.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
If you don't like the ratings of some players, just change them when you get the game. I don't think it's cheating as long as you're reasonable about it. I usually raise some ratings but I also lower some too. I'll lower Collins for sure.
I'd lower Collins too and up DJ's. I don't know how other people are being ranked, but big Andre and Antoine should at least be an 87-90. I'd say KB is in the 85-87 range with Caddell and Stover right behind him at about 80-83 area. I'd put KB kind of low for his talent level b/c injury problems have definitely hurt his productivity.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I take it that Coffee is our highest rated RB since he's the one listed. Is that correct?

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I'm scratching my head over how they could rate Matt Collins higher than Prince Hall. :conf3: They always seem to do this with at least a couple of players every year it seems, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It's always interesting how these players are rated. Really makes you wonder, especially since Collins might not be the starter with Mustin getting a lot of work at the position.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I've sent my memory card off the last two years and had better rankings and ALL the names on there. I still do a little adjusting, but don't have to do as much from the original rosters.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I've sent my memory card off the last two years and had better rankings and ALL the names on there. I still do a little adjusting, but don't have to do as much from the original rosters.
where do you send it off to? the same group each time? I would like to do that, but have never done it and would like to find a reliable person/group.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
where do you send it off to? the same group each time? I would like to do that, but have never done it and would like to find a reliable person/group.
FKrosters.com is good

Blacklover (I think from maddennation.com) and I have conversed some, so I'll be sending mine to him.

iBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I'm scratching my head over how they could rate Matt Collins higher than Prince Hall. :conf3: They always seem to do this with at least a couple of players every year it seems, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
Unless they were a 5 star recuit, EA tends to to give the upper hand to the older guy. If they had done a little researching other that than the stadium, than.....

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
So you download it on your home PC, you don't send it away?
I suspect you have to have one of those portable USB flash memory drives in order to transfer the files from your PC to the 360. Is that right BamaJeff? I'd like to know for sure because I'd be interested in doing this.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I have the Datel Transfer Kit for the xbox 360. I download the rosters to my pc. Then I plug the memory unit into the transfer kit and copy the rosters to the memory unit. Then I load them onto the 360 hard drive.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I have the Datel Transfer Kit for the xbox 360. I download the rosters to my pc. Then I plug the memory unit into the transfer kit and copy the rosters to the memory unit. Then I load them onto the 360 hard drive.
I don't know much about technology stuff. Is the memory unit you're referring to the regular memory unit that you use to save stuff when you play games on the 360?

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I don't know much about technology stuff. Is the memory unit you're referring to the regular memory unit that you use to save stuff when you play games on the 360?
Here's what he's talking about.......Mash Here. Of course you'll also need one of these to make it work......Mash Here.

This is what I was talking about. It basically combines those two products into one with more storage space.........Mash Here.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
How dificult is that device to use? Is there any software to install, or do you just plug and go?
The Datel transfer kit includes software to organize your files but the Sandisk USB memory stick is simply plug and go. Both are easy to use. I think the Sandisk is the best value, you can get the 1GB model for 34.99 plus tx & s/h while the Datel and a memory card will run you anywhere from 40 to 60+ (depending on what size memory card you get).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.