I got a "Roll Tide" at the EJ concert in Abu Dhabi last night

bat123

All-American
I wore my Houndstooth Bama hat with my Bama polo to the Elton John concert here last night, while sitting on the grass I thought heard "Roll Tide" and thught "no way" then I heard it again. It was a young guy mid twenties and I started talking to him and it turns out that he went to the 'Barn for a couple of semesters and left for Florida, his mom is American and dad is Emirati and they live in Dubai and he loves Alabama football.
I've gotten a few shout outs from all over the world but this one was the most unusual. :eek2:

Nick4Bama

1st Team
Sep 8, 2007
Columbia, tn
2 Alabama fans at an Elton John concert!!

I am surprised!:wink::)

Did he happen to know who the new oc is going to be?:wink: We are all waiting on the news.:biggrin:

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I took my girlfriend to see Elton John in Birmingham last year... worst concert I've ever been to.

BamaBoy3684

1st Team
Nov 28, 2006
Dothan
For a second, I thought it could have been my brother who is in the military and serving there right now, but then you said Elton John.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Pretty cool, but I might have left out the part about the Elton John concert. ;)
No love for Elton John? I saw Elton & Billy Joel in concert together several years ago in Nashville and it was incredible. They may be getting long in tooth, but I'll take 70s (and 60s) music over today's garbage any time.

I'm just waiting for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour . . . I saw them live at Memorial Coliseum, back in the day when the U booked good concerts.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
No love for Elton John? I saw Elton & Billy Joel in concert together several years ago in Nashville and it was incredible. They may be getting long in tooth, but I'll take 70s (and 60s) music over today's garbage any time.
Agreed. EJ is/was a genius, especially before the 80's. I'm a youngster and I know that. Regardless of sexual preference, you can't hate on old Elton John.

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just waiting for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour . . . I saw them live at Memorial Coliseum, back in the day when the U booked good concerts.
I actually like most of Elton John's music, however, I don't see myself ever desiring to attend one of his concerts. Now Led Zeppelin on the other hand, I'd probably cut off my left arm if it meant that I could see them live.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Jazzman

1st Team
Feb 13, 2001
Wetumpka, Alabama
...I'll take 70s (and 60s) music over today's garbage any time.

Hey man! I was there for the Zeppelin concert! I think it was 1973... Things were foggy back then...:biggrin2: :pDT_git: :biggrin2:

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Agreed. EJ is/was a genius, especially before the 80's. I'm a youngster and I know that. Regardless of sexual preference, you can't hate on old Elton John.
"Genius?" :rolleyes:

I don't think he even wrote his own songs.

When comparing Elton John to Led Zepplin... there is no comparison.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Speaking of random roll tides in faraway places, I was at a bar in Beijing, China a couple years ago called Nashville. A really cool bar to be in China. It had all kinds of random crap on the walls, mostly old American ads. All the sports stuff was soccer clubs and cricket teams, except for one thing.

The only piece of American sports memorabilia in the entire place was an Alabama football pennant with NC years on it, prominently displayed behind the bar above all the liquor bottles.

I tried to get the story behind it from the bartender, but he said that it had been hanging there for years. I bet there is a funny story behind it, possibly involving a drinking contest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.