Reggie Bush trying to get Lakes lawsuit into arbitration

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Re: Reggie Bush trying to get Lakes lawsuit int arbitration

For someone who's done nothing wrong this guy is certainly trying to keep this affair from reaching the light of day.
It appears that if this case proceeds the Nc2a might have no choice but to go forward on the Reggie/USC case...............

Dink
His family has already agreed to pay Lake back $300,000. The reason that Bush wants it to go to arbitration is that the info would be kept private. If it goes to court then the NCAA will have access to all of the records.

I did not want USC to go down but it now appears that there were definitely some funny stuff going on.

lynyrd skynyrd

All-American
Apr 8, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida USA

His family has already agreed to pay Lake back $300,000. The reason that Bush wants it to go to arbitration is that the info would be kept private. If it goes to court then the NCAA will have access to all of the records.

I did not want USC to go down but it now appears that there were definitely some funny stuff going on.
I bet the ncaa want's it to stay private also

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Michaels, who has previously said Bush's parents lived in a home he owned without paying rent while Bush was a student at USC, settled with Bush last year. His settlement includes an agreement not to talk about the case and a payment of about $300,000, according to reports.
Things that make you go, hmm...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

No doubt!
Add to the Bush saga is Matt Leinart's roommate living free (he paid the back rent to make it OK), the basketball player being paid (supposedly up to the time of going to USC and then the money flow was cut off - Right) and a few other things from the rumor mill, it sure makes the so-called $200K for Means and signing with an agent on a napkin small peanuts.

However, don't hold your breath that USC will go on probation. Undoubtedly, the matter will go to mediation and a confidentiality agreement will keep everything under wraps. This will give the nazis the excuse for not going after USC.

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama

Add to the Bush saga is Matt Leinart's roommate living free (he paid the back rent to make it OK), the basketball player being paid (supposedly up to the time of going to USC and then the money flow was cut off - Right) and a few other things from the rumor mill, it sure makes the so-called $200K for Means and signing with an agent on a napkin small peanuts.

However, don't hold your breath that USC will go on probation. Undoubtedly, the matter will go to mediation and a confidentiality agreement will keep everything under wraps. This will give the nazis the excuse for not going after USC.

I may be wrong (& often am :eek2:) but I really believe the ncaa gave itself a major PR black eye for its treatment of Bama. When you start seriously handicapping one of the Nations biggest cash cows, you're basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'd hate to think we could be part of the reason some of these other schools are getting passes, but I think it's a real possibility. JOMHO, of course. :)

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA

[/I][/B]
I may be wrong (& often am :eek2:) but I really believe the ncaa gave itself a major PR black eye for its treatment of Bama. When you start seriously handicapping one of the Nations biggest cash cows, you're basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'd hate to think we could be part of the reason some of these other schools are getting passes, but I think it's a real possibility. JOMHO, of course. :)
JOMHO nothing. You speak gospel truth right there. Not only that, but the Bama case gave every school a blueprint on how and why to fight the NCAA. Look at Oklahoma ... they just got back recently all the games the NCAA forfeited from the car dealership scandal.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

[/I][/B]
The Bama case and the law suits that followed has made the NCAA gun shy.

For someone who's done nothing wrong this guy is certainly trying to keep this affair from reaching the light of day.
It appears that if this case proceeds the Nc2a might have no choice but to go forward on the Reggie/USC case...............

Dink
The NZAA is praying this goes to arbitration. They have been using the law as excuses for not bringing down USC. Now they may have not choice. Lets hear it for the Courts. Bush better do what he can now because he will never hold a job of trust. Bush is slime. :BigA:

If you are not guilty then get in court quickly and expose the truth. Reminds me of Fatboy and the NCAA trying to block the Federal Documents in the Logan Young case. The NCAA invited the feds but were not ready for the fallout. If the Bush mess gets to court watch for Carroll to be coaching in the NFL next season.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

This is serious business for USC. Just remember it was Antonio Langham’s involvement with an agent that led to an NCAA investigation and sanctions in Alabama's first NCAA probation in 1995. His involvement was reportedly signing a contract with his uncle to be his agent after the NC game with Miami at the conclusion of his junior season. Langham went on to play his senior year and the rest is history.

Alabama's probation serves as a warning to us all
The seeds of this downfall were planted in triumph. In a hotel room in New Orleans hours after the Crimson Tide won the national championship at the 1993 Sugar Bowl, Langham, then a junior, signed a letter of agreement with an agent, Daryl Dennis. Langham also signed a letter to petition for the NFL draft.

He immediately had second thoughts about the NFL, however, and went to Coach Gene Stallings for help. On January 5, Stallings called the NFL and asked that Langham not be listed. Langham denied being involved with an agent. Stallings reported the event to Athletic Director Hootie Ingram. No one investigated any further. In fact, Stallings reiterated last week he was not a detective and the NCAA wasn't going to turn him into a detective.
Don't you wish that Fulmer felt the same way about detective work?

Last edited:

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

It doesn't look like Bush, the NCAA, or USC will be happy about the judges decision.

Marketer's suit against Bush to be in open court

Good. I want the NCAA/USC to squirm. This whole thing has stink written all over it, yet nothing has happened yet.
I firmly believe if this were an SEC school, unless it has the color orange in it, the NZaa would be all over it a long time ago, but U$C skates.:mad2:

Last edited:

socalbamafan

1st Team
Aug 14, 2007

There is no doubt now that the bush's accepted money. They admitted it in the papers they filed to get the case into arbitration. The NCAA will do nothing. Do you think ESPN'S outside the lines will ever do a complete story on this? Not a friggin chance in hell.:BigA::mad2:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

My, my, my. What is ESPN going to do if their darling USC go down? I guess they just hope and pray the SEC perennial victim aka Ohio State and Charlie Weis' folly, Notre Dame, have good seasons so they can just ignore the left coast team and fall all over themselves and get giddy. Of course, they won't do that for an SEC team.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

This is BS!!!!! I know for a fact if this were Bama they (NCAA) would have "solved" this case by now!!!:mad2:

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

Lawyers for Lloyd Lake argued in San Diego Superior Court on Friday that the former Southern California star is trying to hide details from NCAA investigators about gifts he allegedly took from Lake's New Era Sports agency while playing for the Trojans.
Good! At least we Bama fans aren't the only ones who can see thorough this charade. Of course, it remains to be seen if the NCAA actually does anything. But, hopefully there's enough integrity :rolleyes: in the media to not let it slide once it's part of the public record. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.