Game Thread: Jalen Hurts vs Texas (11am CDT FOX)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Meh - you could see that he was trying to tackle with his shoulder and wrap up. Not worth a targeting penalty, IMO.
I didn't see that at all. I saw him dive, lower his head, and make first contact with his head. Sure, the OU player's movement dictated how some of it went down, but I didn't see proper tackling technique by the Texas guy.

It might be rare, but all I can see on a play like that is the tackler is risking breaking his neck.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
To be fair, the Sooners have 7 or 8 men in the box on every play. The long run was so long because there was no one left back there once he got past the ILB.
That was in jest. In this part of the country, that statement has a lot of meaning with the Bulldogs/Falcons. Although , I said it just beacause running the ball seemed to work

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I didn't see that at all. I saw him dive, lower his head, and make first contact with his head. Sure, the OU player's movement dictated how some of it went down, but I didn't see proper tackling technique by the Texas guy.

It might be rare, but all I can see on a play like that is the tackler is risking breaking his neck.
That's what I saw. Yes, he lowered his head and hit the arm/shoulder with his helmet, but he also had his arms out and was clearly trying to wrap him up. This was not the old "spearing" where a player launches.

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL
Re: Jalen Hurts vs Texas

I think it will still be Jalen (though I want Tua to win). Kyler had a bad game last year early and still won it. Jalen's story will sway the voters in the end, especially if OU makes the playoffs.
The Heisman has become purely a popularity contest. Any above average quarterback would flourish in that offense The way those receivers get open. Jalen just makes it tougher to defend because he’s such a good runner. That touchdown pass he just threw is a prime example. A wide-open receiver had to come almost to a complete stop to wait on the ball to get there. It’s been like that all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Meh - you could see that he was trying to tackle with his shoulder and wrap up. Not worth a targeting penalty, IMO.
To add, If Lamb stayed up, it would of been a good hit. I don’t think his intent was to hurt the receiver.

After my criticism of Ehlinger, his receivers are not helping!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.