Search results

1. T

US Army replacing 5.56mm rifle with a 6.8mm for infantry

Watch vids of fully loaded airborne troops shuffling into aircraft for a jump. It`s easy to see why you`d forget only once to detach gear before landing ! For the D-day jumps, a lot those guys had to be pushed and lifted into the C-47s because of all the gear they were carrying. I don`t think...
  2. T

Transfer Portal 2023-24, v2

Knew it looked promising but now he`s committed. That`s a VERY big get!
  3. T

Link: 2025 Recruiting Targets

Need the big guys up front.
  4. T

That`s a load if you have to hump it any distance.
  5. T

Never cared for the M-16 ( 5.56 ), not so much the round but the platform. I was inconsistent out past 300 meters. Thought it was too light, at least for me. M-14 was a different story, heavier more stable at longer ranges. Developed into a good sniper system. Love shooting my .223 bolt gun ...
  6. T

I agree, but haven`t we already traveled a ways down the stupidity path in all this?
  7. T

UFL (A J McCarron's Team)

My BIL was a nationally ranked tennis player when he was in college. He told me that when you reach a certain level in any sport, EVERYBODY has the physical tools to play. It`s what goes on, or doesn`t, between the ears that differentiates people.
  8. T

I would say that there are coaches out there that are hardly the paragons of sportsmanship.
  9. T

Great news! Competition in Fall camp pre-season ( I hope ). Wonder if Ty has anything besides football that might influence him to stay as well. Not that that`s a bad thing at all IMHO.
  10. T

Transfer Portal 2023-2024...

Right. Should start lining up today.
  11. T

Good News Thread

Is that because this defense puts an extra premium on guys that can run?
  12. T

2024 (very preliminary) depth chart, as they (mostly) played at A-Day

Here’s hoping we can keep at least some of our 2’s.
  13. T

Spring Practice Thread/News/Predictions

I guess a starting center at 300-305 would be better? Or can you play winning ball at C at this level at 295 with good technique, footwork and smarts?
  14. T

Am I the only one that suspects that deep down ( maybe not so deep ? ) there`s no small number of Alabama fans hoping for someone other than JM to be the starting QB?
  15. T

REALLY like hearing that about Hill.
  16. T

2025 Edge/ DE Javion Hilson has De Committed From Alabama (update: now visiting UA)

The initial shock of CNS` retirement has worn off and there`s been enough time now for recruits to see, to use a sailing analogy, that the boat does indeed have a keel.
  17. T

Chris Smelley reported missing while kayaking (rescued & safe)

Man, the sea doesn`t give many second chances. Prayers.
  18. T

Link: 2025 Recruiting Targets

"Tommy Wilcox clone ". For those of you who haven`t been on the planet long enough to know who that is, trust me when I say that`s a compliment to the young man.
  19. T

Unions in college football

To your last statement, are you certain that they truly are " students " as it is most commonly defined?
  20. T

"......don`t tell anyone ". Hate to break it to you but way too many already know!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.