Bama Game Thread: Bama vs Iowa State official game thread @ 5:30pm o ESPN2

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The problem isn't fundamentals as much as it is decision making. It simply hasn't caught up with the speed of our game. Once that happens we'll be much better. Defense is the biggest issue right now.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The perimeter defense was just bad in the second half ... seems like the players kept overcomitting instead of switching. Meaning the player that got beat would trying to get back to their player instead of picking up the player that gave the pick. So from there it was two of our guys on one player and all they had to do was do the swing pass to the open man on the weak side for the three.

Players were trying to fight through picks instead of just switching. Also the back end player would end of cheating over as well. It was man-to-man but it almost ended up looking like a zone at the end because guys were trying to overplay instead of stick to their role. All of this of course can be fixed ... but it was out of control play like that which help a game that was in reach get out of reach.

The sad thing was, it was the same type of scenario as the UNC game, they allow the game to get away in the first half and just wasn't able to fully make up the ground in the second. Both teams scored 53 points each in the second half.

I'm just going to sound like a broken record but the formula is there ... they just have to consistently play under control.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It's not about the X's and O's anymore, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's! Grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence!
I thought some people went a little overboard in the excitement after he was hired. (I felt the same way about Johnson). It looks like a good hire on paper, but you never know how a coach is going to handle a P5 job until he actually gets into it.

That being said, it is way too early to start second guessing things. I felt that we’d be lucky to win one game in this tournament. Oats is still getting his feet wet here and trying to make things work with what the previous coach left behind. If we are getting pounded in the consolation round of a preseason tournament in 2021, then that’s another story. Let’s just look for improvement as the season goes along and not worry about who we could have hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.