TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: CFP = #5...

No, not so long as LSU doesn't flop...
The only two scenarios that I fear would definitely leave us out are:

1) PSU wins out and both tOSU and Minnesota finish with one loss

2) UGA wins out.

Other than that they are going to have to justify our win on the road vs Auburn vs a neutral site game vs a PAC 12 team with a bad schedule.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The bigger concern is that Oregon and Utah are right behind at 6 & 7. That means that the committee has them right on Alabama's tail. Neither is likely to lose before they play in their championship game, and Alabama will not be playing that weekend. I was hoping for a larger gap.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL

5 is about what I expected.
UGA will drop out after an ugly loss to smelLSU.
Bama just needs to take care of business and not worry about anything else.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

The bigger concern is that Oregon and Utah are right behind at 6 & 7. That means that the committee has them right on Alabama's tail. Neither is likely to lose before they play in their championship game, and Alabama will not be playing that weekend. I was hoping for a larger gap.
This. Forget Georgia, that doesn't matter. They aren't beating LSU.

What matters is that the Pac-12 Title game opponents are right behind us. When 6 beats 7 (or vice versa) they'll jump 5. We want upsets in the Pac-12, IMO.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This. Forget Georgia, that doesn't matter. They aren't beating LSU.

What matters is that the Pac-12 Title game opponents are right behind us. When 6 beats 7 (or vice versa) they'll jump 5. We want upsets in the Pac-12, IMO.
If Auburn beats GA, that is probably enough to put your destiny back in your hands. Auburn already beat Oregon. Alabama's win over Auburn would trump anything that they would have on their resume. Both has a loss that is much worse, and neither would have a better win.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

If Auburn beats GA, that is probably enough to put your destiny back in your hands. Auburn already beat Oregon. Alabama's win over Auburn would trump anything that they would have on their resume. Both has a loss that is much worse, and neither would have a better win.
I don't know if I believe this -- "the how did the fair vs. Auburn" thing will only matter so much especially when we're literally talking about the first game of the season vs. the last game of the season. Auburn beating UGA definitely helps us though -- that would easily be our "best" win of the season.

I have no doubt we'd beat either of the Pac-12 teams but I think the committee will have a hard time putting an 11-1 Alabama team over a 12-1 conference champ and that conference title game win while we're idle gives them all the reason to do it.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

I had Bama #5 but putting UGA there is a joke!!! They have the worst loss of all those teams But FAR. At least put Minnesota their who is both undefeated and has a good win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but I like seeing UGA at #4. They will lose to LSU and drop out of contention. That will leave the #4 slot open for someone to slide into. We need to look sharp and beat the socks off everyone left on our schedule, including Auburn.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I had Bama #5 but putting UGA there is a joke!!! They have the worst loss of all those teams But FAR. At least put Minnesota their who is both undefeated and has a good win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UGAs wins vs. Notre Dame and Florida are good wins... But it's weird they're getting a pass for losing to South Carolina who stinks. Imagine if we lost to the Gamecocks! We'd be toast.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I have no doubt we'd beat either of the Pac-12 teams but I think the committee will have a hard time putting an 11-1 Alabama team over a 12-1 conference champ and that conference title game win while we're idle gives them all the reason to do it.
Neither has a win against a ranked team. Oregon and Utah have played no one. They are the only teams from the PAC that the committee has in their rankings. At the end of the day, one will have a quality win - against the other. Alabama's win over Auburn will be a much better win if Auburn can beat GA.

If GA beats Auburn, I have no idea.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Here is what I would like to see happen to give us the highest chance to get in.

LSU, Ohio State and Clemson win out.

Auburn beats UGA

Oregon beats Utah. They’re only loss is to Auburn but we go and beat them. I don’t think the committee would push them ahead even with a conference championship within a week of us beating Auburn at their place.

Just my two cents

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.