Political Meme - Cartoon Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
TBT.......

“GIRLS SAY YES to boys who say NO” (1968) tries to undermine mainstream American culture’s association of manhood with military action. The three women pictured are all wearing hats, a method of glamorizing the women. The poster features Joan Baez and her sisters Pauline and Mimi. Baez was a musician in the 1960’s, and encouraged resistance to the draft during her concerts. She suggested that women who were against violence should be more interested in men who resisted the military draft. This poster was created by Larry Gates and was sold to raise funds for the Draft Resistance movement.
The poster’s meaning is simple. Baez wanted to encourage women to be with men who did not want to fight unjustly for their country. The poster is directed at men, promising them that women will find them attractive even if they do not go into the military. The “yes” meant an agreement to sex, not just a night out with a man. So these women, in dating the draft resisters, would be supporting the anti-war movement.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Still can't see........

Bazza, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Still can't see........

Bazza, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Maybe an admin can help. I'm clicking on the insert image icon above. Then using the 'From Computer' tab I'm hitting the 'Browse' button. From there I'm selecting the image that I want and clicking on the 'Open' button. Then hit the 'Upload File(s)' tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.