Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Its like I said, conservative thinkers with the ability of a logical thought are dead like the dodo once Buckley and his group died.
Now, now, there are some of us out there. I’m still conservative, always have been and always will be but, I can’t support Trump. He’s not conservative, he’s “what makes me more money today”. That’s why he works so hard to not upset countries where he has real estate deals.

I have admitted on here before that I regret my vote for Trump because I didn’t want Hillary. I’m stuck in limbo because I don’t agree with many Democrats’ platforms and I can’t support Republicans who continue to blindly follow Trump.

The religious side is what disturbs me most. I will never understand why my Christian friends and family members have latched onto this man, even thinking he was chosen by God. It makes not sense because Trump is not, and never has been, religious. Anyone with a passing knowledge of the guy from his pre-President days knows this so, why they suddenly view him as God chosen is baffling. The only thing Trump has ever worshiped in his life is money and himself. This was common knowledge, before his run for office, that too many Christians have just decided to ignore now. He’s closer to the Anti-Christ, the one who will lead Christians astray, and they can’t even see it.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
The religious side is what disturbs me most. I will never understand why my Christian friends and family members have latched onto this man, even thinking he was chosen by God. It makes not sense because Trump is not, and never has been, religious. Anyone with a passing knowledge of the guy from his pre-President days knows this so, why they suddenly view him as God chosen is baffling. The only thing Trump has ever worshiped in his life is money and himself. This was common knowledge, before his run for office, that too many Christians have just decided to ignore now. He’s closer to the Anti-Christ, the one who will lead Christians astray, and they can’t even see it.

Are you not familiar with the story of Paul of Tarsus?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Now, now, there are some of us out there. I’m still conservative, always have been and always will be but, I can’t support Trump. He’s not conservative, he’s “what makes me more money today”. That’s why he works so hard to not upset countries where he has real estate deals.

I have admitted on here before that I regret my vote for Trump because I didn’t want Hillary. I’m stuck in limbo because I don’t agree with many Democrats’ platforms and I can’t support Republicans who continue to blindly follow Trump.

My point is that Trumpers yell over true conservative thinkers and try to steal the term conservative ( which they have done successfully for the most part) just to hide the real terms that identifies them... namely neo fascists and working class authoritarians.

I have no issue with true conservatives, and to a large extent I lean conservative. But I just detest how Trumpers and Bernites have mostly broken the definitions of liberal and conservative and made them in simplistic terms to identify parties.

There are true conservative thinkers, but you actually have to put forth the effort to find them because the Trump propaganda team has tried to disassociate them from the term to further their control over the Republican Party

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
First, he was Saul of Tarsus. After his conversion he became Paul. Please notice that there was a conversion first. Paul then suffered for Christ's sake, spending time in prison on the Isle of Patmos writing letters. Paul was humbled and suffered. He changed. Trump is no Paul.

ETA: I did not know Paul, unlike that VP candidate a while back that did know Jack Kennedy.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
First, he was Saul of Tarsus. After his conversion he became Paul. Please notice that there was a conversion first. Paul then suffered for Christ's sake, spending time in prison on the Isle of Patmos writing letters. Paul was humbled and suffered. He changed. Trump is no Paul.

ETA: I did not know Paul, unlike that VP candidate a while back that did know Jack Kennedy.
The poster said the Religion was what disturbed him most and how people could consider Trump God chosen. I'm not saying he is or isn't, just saying what the poster said.

I simply pointed out that Saul was much viler than most people have any idea of. He openly persecuted and murdered Christians before his conversion.
Yet God in his infinite wisdom chose to use him in a big way.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ok, what is your point? God chose Saul. The electoral college chose Trump. Do you believe God is using Trump like he used Paul?
I dont really think there is a point other than to try to convince himself that this is a liberal echo chamber.

Even if you want to use the Saul of Tarsus logic, then you would have to have evidence that Trump believes in a god to begin with. Saul wasn't a madman that just enjoyed killing for the thrill of it, he believed in killing because he believed his god commanded it. He wasn't using his perception of what god was to advance personal power over others, he was a religious zealot. From what Trump has said and done over just the recent years, I doubt he has the mental capabilities to decide if a god truly exists, and even if he did he would probably try to out god God.

Trump is like Hitler and many big men throughout history in that he doesn't believe in a god or practice religion, but he uses it as a weapon to establish power and control over people that have a simplistic understanding of the political and legal institutions and processes that protects them and gives them their liberties. His goal is to break the wheel instead of mending or improving it, and he understands religion is a tool to infect the minds of millions in order to do so.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
The poster said the Religion was what disturbed him most and how people could consider Trump God chosen. I'm not saying he is or isn't, just saying what the poster said.

I simply pointed out that Saul was much viler than most people have any idea of. He openly persecuted and murdered Christians before his conversion.
You are missing the point: There was a change/conversion.

You are saying God can use Trump like he used Paul but before God could use Saul/Paul he had to change his heart and as a result you saw a change in his actions. You also saw a change in his status from powerful elite to powerless prisoner. Meanwhile, Trump has shown no outward signs of a change and was elevated to a position of power. The comparison makes zero sense from a "God can change a person and use them" perspective. It's akin to saying God chose Henry VIII to be a good example of a husband and making a comparison to David. Maybe God did use Henry but probably not because anything Henry did was praiseworthy.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
You are missing the point: There was a change/conversion.

You are saying God can use Trump like he used Paul but before God could use Saul/Paul he had to change his heart and as a result you saw a change in his actions. You also saw a change in his status from powerful elite to powerless prisoner. Meanwhile, Trump has shown no outward signs of a change and was elevated to a position of power. The comparison makes zero sense from a "God can change a person and use them" perspective. It's akin to saying God chose Henry VIII to be a good example of a husband and making a comparison to David. Maybe God did use Henry but probably not because anything Henry did was praiseworthy.
All I ever said or meant was that God can use anyone for his purposes. That is all.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
All I ever said or meant was that God can use anyone for his purposes. That is all.
But you seem to be using it as a justification for supporting him and his actions from a theological standpoint. I'm no priest/preacher/minister/bible scholar, but as a critical thinking person it does not make sense. I mean, maybe God used every despicable person in history for some purpose but that doesn't mean I should support them or use that as an excuse to not stand against evil and corrupt men.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

That really wasn't the point.

I'm feeling trolled. It would have been easy enough state your purpose on the front end.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My problem with the whole "God using Trump" thing is that the very same people saying this would never say this for President Obama.

Maybe the bigger concept is that maybe God is, in fact, in the process of issuing a harsh judgment on America - and he's using both Obama AND Trump, particularly Trump's tone deaf sycophants, to accomplish HIS long-term higher purpose.

That's too much actual contemplation for a lot of religious folks, but it shouldn't be. The cold hard reality is that most human beings who do want to serve God want to do so as advisers rather than as sons (or daughters).

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Comparing Trump to an Apostle is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

You know how I know Trump is not a Christian, because of the hate in his heart that is on display everyday through social media:

“If anyone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For the person who does not love his brother he has seen cannot love the God he has not seen. And we have this command from Him: The one who loves God must also love his brother.”

..1 John‬ .4:20-21‬ .HCSB‬‬
I question the faith of anyone who claims to be Christian and believes that Trump is a leader anointed by God. Too many Christian ignore the teachings in the Bible to push their political agenda.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Comparing Trump to an Apostle is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

You know how I know Trump is not a Christian, because of the hate in his heart that is on display everyday through social media:

I question the faith of anyone who claims to be Christian and believes that Trump is a leader anointed by God. Too many Christian ignore the teachings in the Bible to push their political agenda.
Many on the religious right do believe this. I've had them tell me this. And no, Bill, never a mention of Obama being anointed by God for two terms. The powerful misuse the Bible to push their political agenda and many others buy it. At one time I bought a good deal of it. Just as troubling is the shutting down of any critical thought with the jingoism of "fake news" and the like. A supposed mandate from God plus a lack of critical reasoning is a dangerous combination. Sprinkle in a little bit of hate and fear and we have a truly dangerous problem. Nevermind 2 Timothy 1:7, which clearly spells out that fear is not of God and that he gives a spirit of love that embraces sound logic and reasoning with power. God doesn't ask you leave your brain outside the door. He doesn't ask you to fear and loathe people looking for a better life. He doesn't ask you to twist yourself into a pretzel in an attempt to justify or have something even make sense. He doesn't ask you to resign yourself to a powerlessness that requires a corrupt and evil man to bring about his will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.