Tools and Gadgets

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I just ordered one of these multi-tools to help me remove the old pvc material on the floorboard of one of my old Porsches which is under restoration. I got a cheap corded version for now and may upgrade later. Here's a video of the cordless version by Milwaukee:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
OK this is a little weird......I was going through my tool boxes yesterday - I have about 6 of them - trying to organize all my tools. In one of them I found a gadget I had no idea what it's purpose was. I just left it alone for now - bigger fish to fry. So just now browsing FB and see this video advertisement - and this is that item! I didn't even post a pic of it or say anything to anyone about it until just now? Is Google reading our freaking minds now?!? :eek2:

My mother had one of those jar openers in the 60’s.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I just ordered one of these multi-tools to help me remove the old pvc material on the floorboard of one of my old Porsches which is under restoration. I got a cheap corded version for now and may upgrade later. Here's a video of the cordless version by Milwaukee:

Love my oscillator. When I was tiling my shower, the thing was a godsend for cleanly chewing through concrete board.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Love my oscillator. When I was tiling my shower, the thing was a godsend for cleanly chewing through concrete board.

Mine was delivered today! Can't wait to try her out. Too much going on here this week so will have to wait a few days.

What are you guys doing for a shop vac?

I was thinking about getting a cordless like this Ryobi. About $100 from HD......

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I used Sthil chain saw and blower for years. Quality tools. I bought a Ego blower, chain saw and weed eater a couple of years ago. They are great. I bought an extra battery so when I start I put the other battery on the fast charger and swap them out. No more gas & oil. Push a button and go. Thinking about buying their lawnmower.

https://egopowerplus.com/products
Been looking at these, thinking of stepping into them this spring (outside of my Honda mower - it's a trooper and sips fuel)...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I used Sthil chain saw and blower for years. Quality tools. I bought a Ego blower, chain saw and weed eater a couple of years ago. They are great. I bought an extra battery so when I start I put the other battery on the fast charger and swap them out. No more gas & oil. Push a button and go. Thinking about buying their lawnmower.

https://egopowerplus.com/products
I bought an Ego weed eater last spring. That thing is awesome. It’s so easy to restring that it’s fun. It has the power of my Stihl and no more oil and gas and tugging on the darned thing to get it to start. Well worth the money.

Reactions: dtgreg and seebell

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
On my work truck, though, everything is Milwaukee. Hammer drill for when I have to mount unistrut to concrete, pipe cutter to speed things for plumbing work, power drill and impact driver, pipe spreader, etc.

With the exception of the hammer drill, which is 110, they all use the same battery. Saves me a crap ton of time on installs and repairs.
I use the Milwaukee 18V line in my woodworking. Absolutely love it.

Reactions: Bazza

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
You were annoyed with the coffee cans and the constantly picking up of random screws so you haven’t done it. I know cause that’s me. Now I go to my Dad’s house when I need a random screw for something. (Facepalm)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Plumbing tomorrow! 😬 Replacing all the guts on two toilets plus the angle valves.

They are soldered on so will use shark bites.

Gonna pick up this nifty tool for deburring the copper lines. It will help also show you how far to insert the shark bite.

The angle valve:

And the Korky toilet kit:

They make those angle valves with the supply line integrated into the unit but I will get separate ones so I can replace just the line if needed.

Really looking forward to upgrading to the quarter turn valves!

Reactions: seebell

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Plumbing tomorrow! 😬 Replacing all the guts on two toilets plus the angle valves.

Gonna pick up this nifty tool for deburring the copper lines. It will help also show you how far to insert the shark bite.

The angle valve:

They make those angle valves with the supply line integrated into the unit but I will get separate ones so I can replace just the line if needed.

Did quite a bit of remodeling about 10 years ago (kitchen and 2 bathrooms). Went with the 1/4 turn valves and love them. Good luck with everything. RTR

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and seebell

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

The angle valve:

The few times I've had to do plumbing that deburring and depth tool would have been handy.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Mine was delivered today! Can't wait to try her out. Too much going on here this week so will have to wait a few days.

What are you guys doing for a shop vac?

I was thinking about getting a cordless like this Ryobi. About $100 from HD......

re: shop vac
My corded is pretty much permanently attached to a dust collector, but I got one of these cordless ones for free from a promotion when I bought batteries. I have only used it twice so far. Both times to get the water out of the tank and bowl when reseating toilets. Sucking the water out in 30 secs vs 5-10 minutes with a sponge makes it worth it to me even if I use it for almost nothing else.

Reactions: Bazza and Toddrn

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I've never owned a cordless impact driver.

I'm going to re-do the canopy over my back deck, which I originally constructed with Deckmate screws. I've been using my regular cordless Ryobi drill for fastener work, but decided to get this Ryobi Impact Driver to use for this remove/rebuild phase. It has a hex type chuck so less monkeying around with the standard drill type chuck. Plus it has more torque and is a little bit lighter. The $59 price for both unit, battery, and charger makes it very affordable too. Will pick up at HD later today.

Reactions: Go Bama

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I've never owned a cordless impact driver.

I'm going to re-do the canopy over my back deck, which I originally constructed with Deckmate screws. I've been using my regular cordless Ryobi drill for fastener work, but decided to get this Ryobi Impact Driver to use for this remove/rebuild phase. It has a hex type chuck so less monkeying around with the standard drill type chuck. Plus it has more torque and is a little bit lighter. The $59 price for both unit, battery, and charger makes it very affordable too. Will pick up at HD later today.

I think you will be very pleased with it! When doing a larger project with dozens to hundreds of fasteners, a driver is so much easier wrt fatigue than a drill. The chuck is awesome as well ... SO much quicker. I use the bits designed for impact because they will break regular bits faster, but in my experience not enough to justify the cost unless its the bits you use the most often. T20, T25, 1/4, 5/16 etc. Those, I buy the quality ones because they end up being cheaper in the long run.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine! Would be cool to see some before/after pictures.

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama and Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Well....my local HD did not have that $59.00 impact driver so they gave me 25% off a $99.00 package of the same driver plus an extra battery, upgraded charger, and a bag. I'm happy to get all that for only another $15.25.

Also picked up a couple sets of driver and drill bits.

I tried the driver out as soon as I got home and holy cow that thing motors!!! :)IMG_7560.JPGIMG_7565.JPG

Reactions: G-VilleTider

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.