Game Thread: CFP NCG: LSU vs Clemson (7pm CST | ESPN)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
That was a fun game. I'm really glad LSU won and I was wrong about this game.

Trevor Lawrence had the worst game I've seen from him.

Burrow once again played lights out. Bengals fans probably feel great right now and they should

Trust me. Be glad as an Alabama fan you don`t live in Louisiana if they know you`re one. The LSU fans are borderline insufferable when LSU is just mediocre, I can`t imagine what it`s like this morning. I`ll bet Tim Brando`s so obnoxious right now it`s unbelievable.

Reactions: VernonTider

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
My observations about us this year and from watching LSU and Clemson get after each other's Quarterbacks, is that when you are chasing the QB you upset that teams game plan.
I've said all year that we needed to be on their QBs to prevent them having time to find receivers. to force earlier throws ect...
In particular I watched Clemson's Defensive line and what they did to get into LSU's backfield.
There are ideas here that we could add to our arsenal.
I didn't see Clemson doing that so well except when they had LSU backed up, but I did see LSU completely discombobulate Trevor Lawrence. I've said it a thousand times I'm tired of Alabama's front 7 dancing with the enemy when they need to be swimming and slapping themselves past the blocker and wrecking some lives. It's as if our goal is to control the blocker instead of kill the man with the ball. I've seen this technique before and there is some logic behind it to keep the linebackers clean but that's only useful when you have a CJ Mosley at linebacker. Even if we had that type of linebacker the one thing that messes up offense more than anything else is Chaos. We are way too predictable, everybody who has the horses knows our plan and how to defeat. Yes we had tons of freshman playing who were not ready, but experience alone will not get us back to a championship. We need schematic or even philosophical adjustments to counter what's happening.

Reactions: Tide Rev

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
Trust me. Be glad as an Alabama fan you don`t live in Louisiana if they know you`re one. The LSU fans are borderline insufferable when LSU is just mediocre, I can`t imagine what it`s like this morning. I`ll bet Tim Brando`s so obnoxious right now it`s unbelievable.
well I happen to be one that lives in the New Orleans area so I guess I’ll see. So far my true LSU friends/coworkers haven’t been but I’m sure I’ll encounter a few obnoxious ones.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
That was the worst display of accuracy from a quarterback that is supposedly going to to be the #1 player taken in a draft. He wasn't even under pressure on over half of those throws.
I made the comment last night that last year against Alabama every pass within 10 feet of Higgins, Ross and the other Clemson receivers was caught. It was almost like Lawrence channeled his inner “Stephen Garcia”.

When the catchable ones early weren’t being caught, Lawrence started pressing and it was over.

Even Clemson’s last TD that cut the LSU lead to a FG was spearheaded by them running the ball, not Sunshine flinging it all over the field.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That was the worst display of accuracy from a quarterback that is supposedly going to to be the #1 player taken in a draft. He wasn't even under pressure on over half of those throws.

Look - I've just at best hit around that fact and for the obvious reason: point out he's not the next Johnny Unitas and the first thing out of anyone's mouth is, "Oh, it's just sour grapes because he dismantled Alabama" (which isn't true, but he did beat us).

But once again - last night should serve as a warning to the NFL about these guys with dazzling stats obtained by playing teams that can't recruit defensive players worth a damn.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I've avoided Facebook --

People keep asking me "did you watch?"

Me...."nope"

Them......"I thought you loved College Football?"

Me......"nope.......I love Alabama football"

Them.......crickets.....as I turn and walk away

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
He's a player and does a lot of little things well, but I don't think his accuracy is great. He does have guts, though, and so does Burrow.
He really needs to work on his accuracy...windows in the NFL are very small...He was throwing to NFL receivers and couldn't hit them. By the 4th quarter he was really pressing...a good player and a good athlete, but not yet a pro QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.