Bama vs Auburn

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I've been saying for weeks that this Bama team is a real threat to us. We just don't match up well. That and it's at Coleman and Bama is hungry for that signature win.

Best we can hope for is grinding Bama to dust with our depth and defensive intensity as we have everyone else, but if Bama is hitting their shots consistently, we likely lose.

Reactions: CoachJeff

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I've been saying for weeks that this Bama team is a real threat to us. We just don't match up well. That and it's at Coleman and Bama is hungry for that signature win.

Best we can hope for is grinding Bama to dust with our depth and defensive intensity as we have everyone else, but if Bama is hitting their shots consistently, we likely lose.
I'm hoping the near miss against UF, and the sort of near miss against UK, just sort of **** us off and we finish one. Sort of a, not again, sort of thing.

Reactions: Islander

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It is going to be a great game regardless of the outcome. Been a while since an undefeated Auburn team faced an uptrending Tide team in Coleman. Really will be fun to watch.

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Call me crazy but I think the Tide wins tonight. Auburn is in perfect position to be upset, and I think this will we the big win we need to really get us going.
So you're telling me there's a chance?

I don't disagree.

Where I am: I think we could pull the upset at home and it'll give the program a shot in the arm. However, if we don't pull if off, as long as we don't get blown out I'm still excited about the overall trajectory right now.

Biggest upside to an upset, beside watching the Barners meltdown, is a win tonight might have HUGE dance implications if we play our way into consideration later in the season.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

You hit the keys well, this akins to the matchup that your team last year had with UNC. I just want a solid effort from the boys from Bama ;)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Going to be fun to watch. Would not be surprised if both teams combine for 170+ pts and I think we win with a fired up big crowd in Coleman.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have to control Wiley and their other big guy( not sure of his name). If we can at least get a stalemate in the paint, I feel like we match up very well. We have to shoot better than we did Saturday. We didn't get to do a shoot around in Rupp Friday so I think that affected our shooting. We certainly have a shot at this one. We just need to play our game. Hopefully JP will light them up again.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Alabama is a much better team than the record would indicate. On any given night they could beat anyone. The frontline players are young and very good. Coach is doing a fabulous job so far. He just needs a few more players off the bench to give rest to guys having to play too many minutes.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
We have to control Wiley and their other big guy( not sure of his name). If we can at least get a stalemate in the paint, I feel like we match up very well. We have to shoot better than we did Saturday. We didn't get to do a shoot around in Rupp Friday so I think that affected our shooting. We certainly have a shot at this one. We just need to play our game. Hopefully JP will light them up again.
We basically play a one big at a time line-up. It'll be:

1. McCormick
2. Doughty
3. Okoro
4. Purifoy
5. Wiley

McCormick is a slasher first and a shooter second, but a good dish man when it counts. Doughty is out best scoring threat, and a good on ball defender, but is streaky as hell. Okoro is the athletic freak swingman, not a huge threat as a shooter, but can blow by people to get to the rim with ease is a holy terror on defense. Purifoy is a step back 3/slasher type of player, more of a stretch 4. Wiley is your prototypical big.

Jamal Johnson will spell for McCormick and Dought, but plays the 2 exclusively while Doughty shifts over to 1. He's a sharpshooter and not much else. Allen Flanagan will spell Okoro at 3, and is actually coming along very well in that role, basically a poor man's Okoro without the lockdown defense and slashing. Devan Cambridge will spell Purifoy, and is almost identical to Okoro without the dominant defense. Anfernee McLemore is the backup 5 that will spell Wiley, and he's our slump buster, a rim protecting 5 that can hit the open three off the pick and roll with regularity.

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I came in with a little under 4 minutes. Been at a friend's birthday party. At one point, he leaned over said "Earle, you a basketball fan too?" When I said "yes," he said 'You know we're missing Alabama-Auburn"... :)

I missed Florida's game last night. Knew it was coming but got busy with other stuff and of course remembered after it was over.

Not like missing a football game though - something I've never been guilty of!

Reactions: Padreruf

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.