Bama Game Thread: Mizzou @ Bama (230p | SECN)

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
[If QUOTE="bamamick, post: 3518223, member: 10007"]
We are as good right now as anyone in the SEC. It is just a shame that those UNC and Iowa State games came so early. Still, if we can beat Vandy and KState before going to Baton Rouge we will be carrying a lot of momentum going forward.
[/QUOTE]
If we had to play North Carolina again we would beat them. I think the ship is sinking in NC time for Roy to retire.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just finished watching. What a great win with only playing a subpar game.

I LOVE this style of play...CNO has turned last year's offensive woes into a team that can manufacture points in various ways.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Very good win today. Especially considering the SEC record 31 of 31 free throws that Missouri put up. Before today Missouri was leading the league in scoring defense. Also Bama was 25 of 30 from the line. I'll take that everyday.
Also... Good crowd today.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Very good win today. Especially considering the SEC record 31 of 31 free throws that Missouri put up. Before today Missouri was leading the league in scoring defense. Also Bama was 25 of 30 from the line. I'll take that everyday.
Also... Good crowd today.
I felt like our guys made their FTs because they knew they had to...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know it's natural to start thinking about the dance, but I just don't think we should worry about it.

I'm just going to enjoy the journey, enjoy watching this team getting better as the season progresses (for the first time in forever) and know that our program is on the rise no matter what the postseason holds.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Just watched the game. Bama had a couple of short stretches with turnovers but once again had a game absent of the "signature" scoring drought. They managed to keep scoring to maintain the lead after some small UM runs.

The refs had 4 horrible calls in about a minute and a half starting at about the 9 minute mark in 2nd half when Lewis got his 4th foul. The defender had his foot on the circle and they called Lewis for a charge. Bolden had excellent position when he was called for his 5th foul. Jones and Forbes were tipping the ball along with a UM player and the refs called a phantom foul. And, Jones had a clean block that was called a foul. This stretch was when I really started to worry but Bama continued to play hard and maintain the lead.

Jones played super; if he had a three point shot he would really be deadly. Shackelford had good plays handling the ball, shooting, and on defense. UM plays tough defense.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just watched the game. Bama had a couple of short stretches with turnovers but once again had a game absent of the "signature" scoring drought. They managed to keep scoring to maintain the lead after some small UM runs.

The refs had 4 horrible calls in about a minute and a half starting at about the 9 minute mark in 2nd half when Lewis got his 4th foul. The defender had his foot on the circle and they called Lewis for a charge. Bolden had excellent position when he was called for his 5th foul. Jones and Forbes were tipping the ball along with a UM player and the refs called a phantom foul. And, Jones had a clean block that was called a foul. This stretch was when I really started to worry but Bama continued to play hard and maintain the lead.

Jones played super; if he had a three point shot he would really be deadly. Shackelford had good plays handling the ball, shooting, and on defense. UM plays tough defense.
The Jones block called a foul was when I began to believe they were just going to find out a way to hand it to them. Then, they said they were reviewing, I thought to see if it should have been called a foul. No, they were reviewing to see if it should have been flagrant! That's when the officiating lost all attachment to reality...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
The Jones block called a foul was when I began to believe they were just going to find out a way to hand it to them. Then, they said they were reviewing, I thought to see if it should have been called a foul. No, they were reviewing to see if it should have been flagrant! That's when the officiating lost all attachment to reality...
When the review started I wondered if they had the authority to declare it not a foul. The crowd was super loud the whole timeout. I think that was the time that Pettway was really jawing with the bald official.

I had to edit, my post wasn't there. I was typing it from my phone in a web browser since tapatalk doesn't seem to work anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: UAH

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I think it was the previous timeout to the one with Herb's foul that there was also a bad call. THe crowd was really vocal, then the hype man, or whatever he's called, got up and started talking on the mike and announcing the next event on the court. It totally took the wind out of the sails of the crowd. After the kid missed half court shots, or whatever the on court event was, the crowd tried to get loud again. When he started talkign I was immediately think, sit down and shut up and let this thing fester. On the next timeout, he must have realized teh same thing because we booed the whole dang time. It was glorious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.