What change(s) would you make to our political process, were you granted the power?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
End the electoral college. Go to a simple majority for all national elections.

Absolish the senate and add the 100 seats to the house. Rebuild the entire legislature over the 6 year cycle.

Add 4 seats to the supreme court and appoint 4 leftist legal minds. Do a similar expansion and left-lean stuffing down the entire federal courts system. Also create a term limit for all federal judge appointments. My leaning is for a 10-12 years term with no possiblity for reappointment in a court previously seated in by appointment. You can be reappointed to a new district or circuit court but can never be appointed there again in your life. Once seated in the SC, you get your one term and done; can be reseated at a lower court by appointment.
1580680277863.png

" I did all this in 5 years comrade"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
End the electoral college. Go to a simple majority for all national elections.

Absolish the senate and add the 100 seats to the house. Rebuild the entire legislature over the 6 year cycle.

Add 4 seats to the supreme court and appoint 4 leftist legal minds. Do a similar expansion and left-lean stuffing down the entire federal courts system. Also create a term limit for all federal judge appointments. My leaning is for a 10-12 years term with no possiblity for reappointment in a court previously seated in by appointment. You can be reappointed to a new district or circuit court but can never be appointed there again in your life. Once seated in the SC, you get your one term and done; can be reseated at a lower court by appointment.
Do all of this and you are down to mob rule and might makes right. Human nature will kill us.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I disagree. I think this will create a more representative democracy, do a one time aggressive correction of an overly conservative court system, and create a more vibrant political discourse where more than 2 parties are viable.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean my god folks, if you just do my first item we avoid 12 years of GWB and Trump but you’d rather tremble in your boots over the loss of some esoteric value set.

This is the cowardly conservative stuff I’m talking about.

• Haha

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It is more representative because the legislative body turns over quicker than the bicameral system we use today.

The electoral college is just a straight up bad system that is easily gamed and retards the ability to create a more than 2 party system.

• Thank You

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It is more representative because the legislative body turns over quicker than the bicameral system we use today.

The electoral college is just a straight up bad system that is easily gamed and retards the ability to create a more than 2 party system.
I can see your point on the last point.

Splitting the house and senate provides each a check against the other. More turnover just means more wild swings after each election. It's a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

The representative part I can see because you are having elected officials to speak for the people, but democracy is where Im having an issue with. If you are choosing the political leaning of the courts you are effectively dictating that the government has more power than the voices of the people.

It really has a real possibility for leftist dictatorship to happen real quick.

Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I’d support maybe having one body with the traditional house and senate populations housed within it. You always have a built in firewall of the 100 6-year political ”upperclassmen.”

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The representative part I can see because you are having elected officials to speak for the people, but democracy is where Im having an issue with. If you are choosing the political leaning of the courts you are effectively dictating that the government has more power than the voices of the people.
Also part of our problem is too much of lawmaking is being put upon the courts because our current order of things has created a right-leaning gridlock. I’m trying to come up with a way to break the girdlock but also balance the courts. When I say “stuff” I really mean simply getting it to an ideological stasis which has been destroyed by the 21st century GOP approach to court appointments (stalling when Dems have executive power and pushing them through above all else when they have power).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I’d support maybe having one body with the traditional house and senate populations housed within it. You always have a built in firewall of the 100 6-year political ”upperclassmen.”
So you want to essentially dissolve state governments? You are gutting their power. It would have that effect.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.