Current NET Ratings

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
It's weird, been looking at the rankings. They have Okie in and if I'm correct, they only have one quad one win against West Virginia, who is still ranked behind Auburn. If we would have beat both Tenn and Arky I'm thinking we would be firmly in at this point so I guess it is what it is.
It's weird, been looking at the rankings. They have Okie in and if I'm correct, they only have one quad one win against West Virginia, who is still ranked behind Auburn. If we would have beat both Tenn and Arky I'm thinking we would be firmly in at this point so I guess it is what it is.
The Tenn and Arky losses are huge right now as you said. I would add the loss in Gainsville as well. Had to much of a lead in that one to give it up.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Based on what I’ve seen watching 5-6 games this year is we don’t deserve an invite to the ncaa. Only shot left I think we have left to get is to win the sec tournament. Nate needs to go out and RECRUIT. He inherited a team pretty much bereft of talent. Though I did not support the hire, he IS here now and I fully support giving him 5 years to attempt a rebuild.

• Angry
Reactions: dayhiker

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Based on what I’ve seen watching 5-6 games this year is we don’t deserve an invite to the ncaa. Only shot left I think we have left to get is to win the sec tournament. Nate needs to go out and RECRUIT. He inherited a team pretty much bereft of talent. Though I did not support the hire, he IS here now and I fully support giving him 5 years to attempt a rebuild.
Which 5-6 games did you watch? It seems to me that anyone who has watched these kids compete should feel they deserve to be in the tourney if they should be fortunate enough to receive an invite.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
IDK which 5 you watched, but you aren't qualified to have an opinion on that sample. "Bereft of talent" is stupid, with two 5* starting guards, Reese a 4* and two 3*s. One of those 3* had 17 rebounds with one hand. Our main problem at this point is the talent sitting on the bench. Dammit! If you can't get behind the team and watch more than five games, then spare us your ignorance. Please! You knock the football team every year and slobber all over Oklahoma. IF you're not going to follow, watch, and support the team, then stay the hell off the board...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Do you even follow basketball?! 1) To think that we have to win the SECT to get in is just asinine. Have you seen our NET, or our SOS? 2) To think we have no talent might even be worse. 3) Everything that you ever post is negative, and it’s usually incorrect, you should probably give the basketball board a rest.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In 2007, we finished with the same record as we did in 2006 in football. However, it was obvious to anyone that we were a completely different team, with different (and better) leadership, and were headed for better things. Basketball is a little different; you've got a 30 game schedule so there is more opportunity to learn and grow.

This team's biggest issue right now is depth because of injuries. But it is painfully obvious that we are playing a different brand of basketball that what we had stagnated to under the previous 3 coaches. And, due to the length of the basketball schedule, it really looks like the team has had time to actually buy in to the new style and new coaching. They don't give up despite the adversity. I would think seeing an Alabama team go into Auburn, get down 16-0 and yet be able to claw back and put that game into OT, would sell even the most ardent cynic.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
In 2007, we finished with the same record as we did in 2006 in football. However, it was obvious to anyone that we were a completely different team, with different (and better) leadership, and were headed for better things. Basketball is a little different; you've got a 30 game schedule so there is more opportunity to learn and grow.

This team's biggest issue right now is depth because of injuries. But it is painfully obvious that we are playing a different brand of basketball that what we had stagnated to under the previous 3 coaches. And, due to the length of the basketball schedule, it really looks like the team has had time to actually buy in to the new style and new coaching. They don't give up despite the adversity. I would think seeing an Alabama team go into Auburn, get down 16-0 and yet be able to claw back and put that game into OT, would sell even the most ardent cynic.
It's obvious the style is different, but I'm not sure why it's painfully obvious. I'm darn excited about it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Dammit! If you can't get behind the team and watch more than five games, then spare us your ignorance. Please! You knock the football team every year and slobber all over Oklahoma. IF you're not going to follow, watch, and support the team, then stay the hell off the board...
I have come to the conclusion Deliveryman is either a pot stirrer or a very bad appraiser of sporting events/talents.

1582052997537.png

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Which 5-6 games did you watch? It seems to me that anyone who has watched these kids compete should feel they deserve to be in the tourney if they should be fortunate enough to receive an invite.
Fl Atlantic, UNC, Southern Miss, Auburn@CC, and Arkansas. Just five games....probably not a perfect sampling, but I HAVE watched them play. At 14-11 currently you really think they could get an at-large invite?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Fl Atlantic, UNC, Southern Miss, Auburn@CC, and Arkansas. Just five games....probably not a perfect sampling, but I HAVE watched them play. At 14-11 currently you really think they could get an at-large invite?
If they win out, then it definitely wont be an issue. The reality is there's a very slim chance that any team wil go undefeated over the next 6 games. The challenge for Bama is, they just need to win key games, TAMU, Ole Miss, and USCe are at the top of the list. IF they win those, they should be in solid shape even if they lose the remaining 3. The point is, they have an opportunity to make it, which for a program under a new coach AND a new system is a solid feat.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
No, but they will not finish the season 14-11 so it all hinges on what happens from here on out.

BracketMatrix has Alabama as "Next Four Out" currently. Pick up some more wins including a bracket one win at Hail State and who knows?

But let's focus on the part I disagreed with - whether Alabama deserves a bid. You said "no". I say "yes, if they are fortunate enough to receive an invite". That is where our disagreement is.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
If they win out, then it definitely wont be an issue. The reality is there's a very slim chance that any team wil go undefeated over the next 6 games. The challenge for Bama is, they just need to win key games, TAMU, Ole Miss, and USCe are at the top of the list. IF they win those, they should be in solid shape even if they lose the remaining 3. The point is, they have an opportunity to make it, which for a program under a new coach AND a new system AND with the numerous injuries is a solid feat.
Good statement, but had to FIFY.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
You can't watch 5 or 6 games and think that it is the same team as previous years. I just hate FOG's. This team has fought pretty much every game. Beating LSU is a big deal because they have a bunch of kids that will being playing at the next level although they may be the best paid team as well. Alabama has several kids who have a chance to be at the next level for the 1st time in a long time. Coach Johnson at least didn't leave us bereft of talent like Grant did when he was here. This is definitely the most fun team to watch in years and if we get the recruits I think we are going to get, we'll be closer to the top of the league than the bottom soon enough. Eventually ,Coach Oats will be judged his ability to recruit. He has coached circles around Pearl so far. We had no business taking them to OT last week. I hope we continue to play well and beat the next 6 teams and take it out of the committees hands.

While I am at it, I think we'll be the one team no one wants to play in the SEC tourney.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
After thinking on it further, unless we win 20 games, we will be playing in the NIT... :unsure:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.