Playing TCU in the place of USC.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
It is looking highly likely Bama will not play USC in September in the opener. LA looks like it's going to be pretty much on lockdown until August. That being said I think TCU would be a good replacement game which has already been discussed today. It would also give Bama the chance to even up the all time series.. Thoughts...

Last edited:
Reactions: MOAN

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It is looking highly likely Bama will not play USC in September in the opener. LA looks like it's going to be pretty much on lockdown until August. That being said I think TCU would be a good replacement game which has already been discussed today. Thoughts...
There's a lot of assumptions there. Cal is not in LA and they may be ready to play. Will TCU? Will Alabama? USC is a big question mark, for sure, but we'll have to see where LA is in 6-8 weeks, along with the others.

Reactions: Blindside17

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I don't find that to be a very intriguing matchup. I wouldn't travel to Jerry World for it - even if they were allowing fans in the building.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Saw that but it looks like the pac has every intention of playing conference games only or not at all.It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. If we don't play USC and end up playing TCU it would still be a good opponent for us. Someone we have not played since 75. We could do worse. Even if it does not happen maybe the talks sparked interest between the two for future games.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Unless the NIL thingy changed things there is zero chance that "unpaid kids" are going to be playing in empty stadiums.
Why? What would be different for them? They're "unpaid" (to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars a year in education/food/board, etc...) either way...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Why? What would be different for them? They're "unpaid" (to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars a year in education/food/board, etc...) either way...
Perception, PC, etc. There is a world of difference as to how the public would view professionals playing in an empty stadium and how they would view college students doing the same. You never would hear the end of the uproar. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Perception, PC, etc. There is a world of difference as to how the public would view professionals playing in an empty stadium and how they would view college students doing the same. You never would hear the end of the uproar. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.
So if they're paid it's OK (though only a few of the 85+ would be)?...but if they're not they can't play?
Sooo NOT arguing there, just figuring out your stance. As it is I think most folks think that they are already being paid...strictly conversational, not confrontational...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.