Squirrel battles...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Earl, growing up outside of Jasper at the place my mom and dad still live, I used to love to kill any type of animal that moved with my high powered pellet gun and later with a 410. My mom always griped about me shooting squirrels.

Fast forward about 20 years and I was home at Thanksgiving one year and mom said, "Will you go get that 410 and go kill a bunch of those squirrels? We've got way too many of them around here."

• Haha
Reactions: Toddrn

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Earl, growing up outside of Jasper at the place my mom and dad still live, I used to love to kill any type of animal that moved with my high powered pellet gun and later with a 410.
At the opening of the film The Outlaw Josie Wales, the kid is directed to hand over his .58 caliber musket. He remonstrates with, "I'll be needing this for squirrels and sich."
I have never shot at squirrels, but I reckon you hit a squirrel with a .58 minie ball, all that would be left would be a greasy spot.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
At the opening of the film The Outlaw Josie Wales, the kid is directed to hand over his .58 caliber musket. He remonstrates with, "I'll be needing this for squirrels and sich."
I have never shot at squirrels, but I reckon you hit a squirrel with a .58 minie ball, all that would be left would be a greasy spot.
In my family, among my cousins, I had the nickname "Squirrel." That came from an incident. One time, I went squirrel hunting with my uncle and cousins. I was accustomed to stalk hunting, as taught by my dad. My uncle, having no Indian blood, favored arriving before daylight, sitting still up against a tree and waiting for the squirrels to wake up and come hopping down. Well, one did. It hopped up to around 12" from my shotgun muzzle and stared me down. Then it left by the same route. It was never far enough away for me to shoot without having nothing but possibly a tail left. That's how I picked up that nickname... :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It would have to be a head shot. Every time...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Change privacy setting for this video to “unlisted” then it may work. Also check to see that embedding is allowed. Not Sure why public wouldn’t work.
I don't think the change to "public" saved. Try again. However, I have a funnier one now, with two squirrels trapped in the netting, trying to get away from the sprinkler... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.