SEC athletes can use school facilities beginning June 8

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

So what I think they’re saying is ... “there’s a chance!” Football happens in the fall. They will return gradually and “in waves”

Coach Saban emphasized not just getting players back but having them in a tightly controlled environment: “Most of these guys are already working out at a local gym wherever they are right now. If they're with us, at least we have the trainers, doctors and medical staff here on campus to monitor their health and well-being."

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It would be nice if the NCAA allowed for some additional practice time (since most of the teams had to forgo their spring practices). I know it's assuming way too much that someone with some common sense in the NCAA would think like this.

At any rate...it's a great sign they are allowing them back on campus!

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Over the last month I've observed at least two gatherings on the band practice field beside Arby's. If you just glance as you drive by it appears to be college age kids just playing football, but if you observe for a few moments it's clear they are running actual plays (i.e. they run a play, line back up, and run it again). Once there were multiple gatherings or groups on the field at same time. They also don't appear to be your typical college student, but rather look to more "in shape". Just an observation.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
It would be nice if the NCAA allowed for some additional practice time (since most of the teams had to forgo their spring practices). I know it's assuming way too much that someone with some common sense in the NCAA would think like this.

At any rate...it's a great sign they are allowing them back on campus!
EVEN if a magic pill appeared this afternoon and wiped this dreadful disease out by midnight, the NCAA in its infinite wisdom would deem extra practice time unfair to the Mollycoddle Conference schools, well, because.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I assume the SEC and Big 12 can play their conference season even if the Pac 12 and Big 10 choose to stay in lockdown. I think the NCAA is leaving it up the respective conferences and states.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I assume the SEC and Big 12 can play their conference season even if the Pac 12 and Big 10 choose to stay in lockdown. I think the NCAA is leaving it up the respective conferences and states.
I had heard the PAC12 cancelling is likely. Where have you heard BIG 10 from?

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Over the last month I've observed at least two gatherings on the band practice field beside Arby's. If you just glance as you drive by it appears to be college age kids just playing football, but if you observe for a few moments it's clear they are running actual plays (i.e. they run a play, line back up, and run it again). Once there were multiple gatherings or groups on the field at same time. They also don't appear to be your typical college student, but rather look to more "in shape". Just an observation.
That's been a problem ever since the stay at home order went into effect.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Where have you heard BIG 10 from?
Michigan has made it clear, no students no sports. Ohio and Illinois among others are still in the "weighing our options" mode. Right now the only conferences that are wanting to go full steam ahead are the SEC and Big 12, but then again they probably have the most to lose.

But I still dont see us having a season unless all P5 conferences are competing.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.