Brag On Your Kid(s)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Ok, my 26 y/o daughter got pregnant at 16 , had a child at 17, yet finished HS. went through 2 failed relationships with guys that turned out to be dopers. she Met a guy that I don’t see eye to eye with, but he is a degreed engineer from MissSt, He heads a design engineering department at Honda Lincoln! They got married, moved to Weaver, Al , she had another child at 22 then went back to school at Gadsden ST, where she took classes in nursing and general studies. Now at 26 she was just picked up for the nursing program at Jacksonville ST. I told her I couldn’t possibly be as proud of anyone as I am of her right now!

Oh,and her little girl. The one that Angelina had at 17 , my granddaughter always cleans up all the top academic awards at weaver elementary. She doesn’t do well in conduct and they won’t let her in the advanced classes now because she can’t keep her mouth shut! But she walks away with the top awards every year.

I know that is a rambling Story, but I am so proud of Angelina for her perseverance , several times I could have lost her to circumstance, but she would have none of It!

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My son got another internship today. The one he was offered about a month or so ago is based out of Spain even though they have about five offices here in the country. The majority of their sites are in the big cities that are getting hammered by the corona virus. They have kind of fallen off the map and he really doesn't know what to do because they haven't reached out to him even though he has emailed them to check on things. This new internship is in Georgia and he may have to move over there or since they have been full speed ahead with his interviews, they may just let him work from home. These are tough times with jobs and things.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This is my choir director, my daughter, and me this morning in church filling in the spot where our choir usually sings. I'm happy with my daughter's progress on the violin. It's certainly not perfect, but this is the first time she has backed up a singer.

she'll be playing orange blossom special in no time. what guitar are you playing? it looks like a cutaway, but the way your mike stand was placed in the frame, i couldn't get a great look at it.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
she'll be playing orange blossom special in no time. what guitar are you playing? it looks like a cutaway, but the way your mike stand was placed in the frame, i couldn't get a great look at it.
The guitar is a Collings OH2C. Orchestral, Herringbone, Cutaway. I bought a non-cutaway OH2 when I didn't really know much about Collings guitars. I just really liked the guitar in the store. After playing it for a while I started searching to see if there wasn't a well known guitar player that played one and sure enough Pete Huttlinger played a OH1. He called his "God's guitar." Pete's is a cutaway so I traded mine for a cutaway. One of my good friends, another Pete fan, also bought one after hearing mine. I keep that guitar and my favorite Tele right behind my chair at home. They're always within arms reach.

I got to meet Pete and play with him a couple of months before he died. He was absolutely a wonderful human being, still very well loved in Nashville. Amazing guitarist.

Thanks for asking about my guitar.

Honeycaster and Collings.jpg

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The guitar is a Collings OH2C. Orchestral, Herringbone, Cutaway. I bought a non-cutaway OH2 when I didn't really know much about Collings guitars. I just really liked the guitar in the store. After playing it for a while I started searching to see if there wasn't a well known guitar player that played one and sure enough Pete Huttlinger played a OH1. He called his "God's guitar." Pete's is a cutaway so I traded mine for a cutaway. One of my good friends, another Pete fan, also bought one after hearing mine. I keep that guitar and my favorite Tele right behind my chair at home. They're always within arms reach.

I got to meet Pete and play with him a couple of months before he died. He was absolutely a wonderful human being, still very well loved in Nashville. Amazing guitarist.

Thanks for asking about my guitar.

View attachment 6965
thanks for the picture. that's a sweet looking guitar and it sounds nice. i could tell it was a smaller body, but the video was a little fuzzy so i couldn't really get a good look at what was going on up around the neck joint or the headstock.

iirc, lyle lovett plays a collings.

i've got the wood laying around for a small body acoustic. the "plan" is a 000 slope shoulder to match the full size 12 fret slope i had made in memory of my dad. if my daughter gets into playing, i'll have it made for her.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
That is fast!
He can rip a baseball.
At the time got shutdown he was leading the county in doubles and slugging percent.
He was top 5 in the state in his classification in strikeouts as a pitcher. Sure would love to see him in Crimson and White one day.
Hopefully we can salvage some of the summer ball season

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He can rip a baseball.
At the time got shutdown he was leading the county in doubles and slugging percent.
He was top 5 in the state in his classification in strikeouts as a pitcher. Sure would love to see him in Crimson and White one day.
Hopefully we can salvage some of the summer ball season
I bet with a fast ball like that. Not all, but some of those kids are probably freaking out when he is throwing the ball that fast. Hitting a machine that throws it straight every time is not the same as a real person throwing it.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
So the other day, my son (6 as of this past Thursday) was reading a book on famous Americans. He got to do the section on Martin Luther King Jr., and was particularly taken by his story. And of course it provided us a wonderful opportunity to talk to him about treating people the same regardless if they look, talk, sound (or whatever else) differently than us. We told him about the I Have a Dream speech, what that dream was and what happened because he stood up for what he believed was right, even though a lot of people didn’t like him for it.

He got his Tempra paint sticks this picture for us of him getting ready for the speech. If you can zoom in enough, at the top you’ll see my son wrote “I Have a Dream”. Oh, and the reason his right hand is up according to my son is “He’s telling the crowd, ‘ Hey! I’m ready to begin my speech!”.

We might be bringing him right up after all, even though he considers himself a Georgia Bulldogs fan. :eek:

56A4EF8F-6338-4A86-B684-6793D77D7488.jpeg

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yesterday, my youngest son decided to take a job as an electrician's apprentice. He has been working in the field since his sophomore year in HS. He starts on the 18th. He totally nailed the interview process, which was largely technical in nature. The offer blew him away so he decided to take it in spite of the need to return to work during this crisis.

He is 20, had considered joining the Navy, suffered a severe concussion which gave him time to reconsider that route. He has no desire to attend college as a full time student. He was a great HS student and got high marks in all of his advanced classes, but just doesn't want to go that route. He loves working with his hands and is mechanically inclined, so this suits him perfectly.

We are so proud of him. He is his own man, following his dream.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Yesterday, my youngest son decided to take a job as an electrician's apprentice. He has been working in the field since his sophomore year in HS. He starts on the 18th. He totally nailed the interview process, which was largely technical in nature. The offer blew him away so he decided to take it in spite of the need to return to work during this crisis.

He is 20, had considered joining the Navy, suffered a severe concussion which gave him time to reconsider that route. He has no desire to attend college as a full time student. He was a great HS student and got high marks in all of his advanced classes, but just doesn't want to go that route. He loves working with his hands and is mechanically inclined, so this suits him perfectly.

We are so proud of him. He is his own man, following his dream.
I feel like he will always have a job being an electrician.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and B1GTide

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
We’ve been doing a lot of outdoor activities during the pandemic. Tried and liked turkey hunting. Got him within 50 yards of a gobbler but couldn’t get him a shot. He’s really taken to fishing. We took a few boys his age on Friday and he was like having another adult, baiting hooks & getting fish off his friends’ line. They wouldn’t touch them, haha. Here’s a few of his catches this spring. We’ve been doing a lot of bluegill/bream fishing since they’ve been on bed. Caught a few bass. Went last night about 7:30 and caught 10 nice blue catfish which fried up nice (no pic).
68A4FECC-4846-4A57-9513-97CEC2356B6D.jpeg0E2281F0-74C0-41D0-A7C1-BB32369BBD6E.jpeg8D0D0EC1-CC32-4FD6-9A7D-FA21550E51B5.jpeg666A6E5C-8781-4802-A88B-C07B4F4BEB01.jpeg

Last edited:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
thought y'all might enjoy this performance by the orchestra my daughter is in (Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra - GYSO). She's 2nd from left on bottom row with her violin obscuring her face for most of the performance :D The director had them record themselves playing their part of the performance and then put it all together.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.