what beers are you enjoying this winter

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Man. I LOVE sours. I think you have to get the right ones. Southern Grist and Orpheus make some really tasty sours.

Also, a nice gose like Creature Comforts Tritonia makes a fantastic summer / beach / pool beer.
not a big fan of sours myself (i generally don't like "flavored" beers) but my wife loves them.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Man. I LOVE sours. I think you have to get the right ones. Southern Grist and Orpheus make some really tasty sours.

Also, a nice gose like Creature Comforts Tritonia makes a fantastic summer / beach / pool beer.
Nope, nope, nope. I've tried dozens over the years, trying to figure out why I'm not a fan.

I just find them nasty. The only one I don't HATE it Victory's Sour Monkey, and even then I don't really want one - I just don't spit it out immediately upon tasting it.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Haven't gotten into the ciders yet. What are some good ones to check out?
We have a ton of local ciders (and sours) here, which is 80% of my stock. In terms of national brands, I like Downeast's seasonal blends, and ACE has a pineapple cider that I enjoy.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Nope, nope, nope. I've tried dozens over the years, trying to figure out why I'm not a fan.

I just find them nasty. The only one I don't HATE it Victory's Sour Monkey, and even then I don't really want one - I just don't spit it out immediately upon tasting it.

It's probably because you're not tasting what they're tasting. There's certain foods/beverages that most people LOVE and I don't. One of those that I get HAMMERED about is Chick Fil A chicken sandwiches. I don't like them, never have. I like their waffle fries and I think I've had a milk shake from there that tasted pretty good. But I've never been a fan of their chicken sandwich. My wife and kids HAMMER me all the time about it. But all I can say to explain it is "I'm not tasting what y'all are tasting." Taste buds man, taste buds. LOL!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
arches has been doing some really nice small run pilsners this summer.

this is their main pilsner which is really good in it's own right.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
Yuengling Lager is the current round in the fridge for an easy draft after a long hot day. But the bourbon collection is starting to grow for neat sipping on the weekends. Buffalo Trace and Four Roses are the bottles of choice at the moment.

Reactions: Bazza

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yuengling Lager is the current round in the fridge for an easy draft after a long hot day. But the bourbon collection is starting to grow for neat sipping on the weekends. *Buffalo Trace and **Four Roses are the bottles of choice at the moment.
*Excellent choice in regards to bang for the buck, quality considering the price

**If you're speaking of Four Roses Single Barrel then sir you have wonderful taste in bourbon. Keep it stocked in my collection and is one of my absolute favorite bourbons.

Reactions: TraskiTideFan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.