Poll: Who will be Alabama's Senator in 2021

Who will it be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
sad that Saban is reluctant to do so, I'd bet quite a bit on Saban privately being in the Doug Jones camp
I don't like a coach getting involved with politics unless the nation is gripped by a national pandemic that threatens sports along with everything else.

Jones is talking sensibly about the pandemic. Tubby can't get over his man-crush on Trump, and will talk about nothing else.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't like a coach getting involved with politics unless the nation is gripped by a national pandemic that threatens sports along with everything else.

Jones is talking sensibly about the pandemic. Tubby can't get over his man-crush on Trump, and will talk about nothing else.
the pandemic is going to get much worse over the rest of the summer and the administration is not going to suddenly become anything approaching competent in their response. so it will probably continue to get worse through the fall leading up to the election. that is probably going to be hitting traditionally "red" states very hard.

that could make for some interesting senate races

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Same. If Jones had a Saban endorsement, I might feel differently about his chances.
I think Tubberville is going to have a tougher time with Jones than he had with Sessions. I’m not picking a Jones victory but take into account that all the major Alabama cities will swing totally towards Jones and there will be a lot more votes coming from those cities since most of them didn’t vote last night.

Plus I think the lay-off is going to severely hurt Tubberville

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I just saw this quote from Wingnut:
"Jeff Sessions was a disaster It's time to send a message to Jeff Sessions that President Trump does not want him or his cronies in the swamp," Tuberville wrote on Twitter.
Dear Wingnut, please tell us who the cronies are you are talking about.

He's never been supported by Dems. So exactly which Republicans are the ones Tubby is calling Sessions' cronies?

• Facepalm
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Maybe we will get to hear from those Auburn boosters who were so sick of Tubby that they flew up to Arkansas trying to hire his replacement in mid-season. Jet gate, anyone?

Even better...Tubby still hates Auburn for how they backstabbed him...I'm betting he's hoping barners have forgotten him ripping them.

So Tubby taunted Bama for years, and took shots at Auburn once they had run him off. No wonder he won't take questions from the press, or do a debate.

“There’s problems in Auburn,” Tuberville told the show. “There’s always been problems in Auburn. And, for some reason, they will continue to be problems in Auburn.”

“I don’t know anyone out there that wants to get into this mess,” Tuberville said. “Do you think Bob Stoops wants to get into this mess? He dropped a better job than this.”

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
We've got people arguing that coaches and sports should not be mixed with politics, and yet they plan to vote for Tubby. ;)

Reactions: 92tide

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
We've got people arguing that coaches and sports should not be mixed with politics, and yet they plan to vote for Tubby. ;)
Not even close to what I argued for. I said I don't want coaches endorsing political candidates. If an ex-coach
wants to run for office then go ahead. I don't live an Alabama so I can't vote for Senator there but I wouldn't in a million years vote for Tommy Tubberville, regardless of what party he represented.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I wonder if those who voted for Tubby would advocate Doug Jones being hired as the next football coach at their favorite SEC power ? It's sort of the same concept, nominating someone to do what you think is an important job without ANY relevant experience whatsoever.

• Thank You
Reactions: Chukker Veteran

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Well, Tubberville has an exceptionally long nose. I'm sure both he and Trump will find that fitting...
It must be complicated to serve as a moderator these days. I’m not sure if we are allowed to mock Tubby and his long brownnose on the football forum now that he is the GOP nominee for the Senate.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder if those who voted for Tubby would advocate Doug Jones being hired as the next football coach at their favorite SEC power ? It's sort of the same concept, nominating someone to do what you think is an important job without ANY relevant experience whatsoever.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm guessing that there wasn't really much difference between Sessions and Tubby???
I'm also guessing that Jones has a huge uphill battle in front of him.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm guessing that there wasn't really much difference between Sessions and Tubby???
I'm also guessing that Jones has a huge uphill battle in front of him.
Tubberville is worse than Sessions but better than Moore. I would say Tubberville will be favored to win vs Jones, but also take into account his campaign is going to lose steam because Trump is about to have to focus on reelection and Tubberville can’t afford to be lazy or else he will lose to Jones like Sessions lost to him.

I think Jones is going to be a harder opponent than Sessions

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.