2020 presidential election

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i take some solace in the results of many of the special elections since 2016 and the primaries in 2018

i really don't think this moron has expanded his base since 2016 and he has lost a lot of his "non-base" support since then.

his victory was a black swan event and basically hinged on around 70k votes in three states. this was after massive russian interference, massive amounts of free airtime from the media following his "circus", non-stop coverage of "whatabout her emails", james comey's last minute re-opening of the "investigation" into her emails, hillary's 30+ years of baggage as the r.w. boogey man, etc.
If anything, I think the size of his base may have shrunk slightly...

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
i take some solace in the results of many of the special elections since 2016 and the primaries in 2018

i really don't think this moron has expanded his base since 2016 and he has lost a lot of his "non-base" support since then.

his victory was a black swan event and basically hinged on around 70k votes in three states. this was after massive russian interference, massive amounts of free airtime from the media following his "circus", non-stop coverage of "whatabout her emails", james comey's last minute re-opening of the "investigation" into her emails, hillary's 30+ years of baggage as the r.w. boogey man, etc.
I hope you are right. But as momma once said "hope in one hand and **** in the other and see what fills up first"

It is very likely I am just a hyper Debbie downer. I just don't want to give *anyone* an excuse not to get out to the polls especially since DJT and the Republicans are doing everything they can to install obstacles in the path of non Republican voters during this time of COVID.

To be frank, I would not be surprised if they made a proposal to only allow polling places to be located at the target area of local shooting ranges.

1597338349361.png

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
At the same time he's busting his ass, trying to rig the election, he's projecting that it'll be the most rigged election in history. He's probably right, in that narrow sense...
Dismantling of the post office is the most disgusting undertaking I have witnessed in my life. It makes Kushner's sponsoring of Kanye West as a candidate appear pale in comparison. It is my impression however, that the polls do not reflect the outrage that I see in practically every social media entry toward Trump. I do buy the fact that there are hidden Trump supporters but his votes in the deep south will not matter in Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hope you are right. But as momma once said "hope in one hand and **** in the other and see what fills up first"

It is very likely I am just a hyper Debbie downer. I just don't want to give *anyone* an excuse not to get out to the polls especially since DJT and the Republicans are doing everything they can to install obstacles in the path of non Republican voters during this time of COVID.

To be frank, I would not be surprised if they made a proposal to only allow polling places to be located at the target area of local shooting ranges.

View attachment 10102
rest assured, i'm not taking anything for granted in this election. i don't think many folks are

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon and MobtownK

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Dismantling of the post office is the most disgusting undertaking I have witnessed in my life. It makes Kushner's sponsoring of Kanye West as a candidate appear pale in comparison. It is my impression however, that the polls do not reflect the outrage that I see in practically every social media entry toward Trump. I do buy the fact that there are hidden Trump supporters but his votes in the deep south will not matter in Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc.
agreed. thankfully there is some pushback. lots of folks, including even the most diehard trumpettes, depend on the usps functioning properly and efficiently.

from biden's campaign
“The President of the United States is sabotaging a basic service that hundreds of millions of people rely upon, cutting a critical lifeline for rural economies and for delivery of medicines, because he wants to deprive Americans of their fundamental right to vote safely during the most catastrophic public health crisis in over 100 years — a crisis so devastatingly worsened by his own failed leadership that we are now the hardest hit country in the world by the coronavirus pandemic. Even Donald Trump’s own campaign has endorsed voting by mail, and his own administration has conclusively refuted his wild-eyed conspiracy theories about the most secure form of voting. This is an assault on our democracy and economy by a desperate man who’s terrified that the American people will force him to confront what he’s done everything in his power to escape for months – responsibility for his own actions.”

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
it's kind of funny. I contracted a guy to do some work for me at my Florida property. He like everyone in the area is a Trumper. He keeps calling me asking where is check is as I mailed it a week ago. My response now is ask you guy what he did to the post office, that is why you don't have your money

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
it's kind of funny. I contracted a guy to do some work for me at my Florida property. He like everyone in the area is a Trumper. He keeps calling me asking where is check is as I mailed it a week ago. My response now is ask you guy what he did to the post office, that is why you don't have your money
So some poor working stiff did a job for you (and I assume he did a good job otherwise you wouldn't have paid him) and now you're laughing about him not having the money because he's a "Trumper"? (n)

• Haha
Reactions: NationalTitles18

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
So some poor working stiff did a job for you (and I assume he did a good job otherwise you wouldn't have paid him) and now you're laughing about him not having the money because he's a "Trumper"? (n)
That is what you got out of the interaction?

Jon pays on time using what used to be a timely and reliable mechanism to deliver payment.

Guy is wondering where his money is now.

How is utilizing this as a teaching moment not appropriate? Republicans are all about personal responsibility. Ultimately supporting Trump has led to the USPS being systematically dismantled.

Fundamentally this is the problem with most people who support politicians and think that that support is given in a bubble. There are always consequences.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Jon pays on time using what used to be a timely and reliable mechanism to deliver payment.

Guy is wondering where his money is now.

How is utilizing this as a teaching moment not appropriate? Republicans are all about personal responsibility. Ultimately supporting Trump has led to the USPS being systematically dismantled.

Fundamentally this is the problem with most people who support politicians and think that that support is given in a bubble. There are always consequences.
like everything else with them, “personal responsibility for thee, not we”

Reactions: UAH and Jon

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Here's what "I got out of the interaction"? Someone is laughing about someone else's misfortune simply because they don't vote the way you do. Keep in mind this isn't just some random dude. This is someone you have/had a business relationship with. This person's support of Trump has absolutely nothing to with the fact he hasn't received the check. The USPS has been in decline for YEARS, long before Trump began running his stupid mouth.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Here's what "I got out of the interaction"? Someone is laughing about someone else's misfortune simply because they don't vote the way you do. Keep in mind this isn't just some random dude. This is someone you have/had a business relationship with. This person's support of Trump has absolutely nothing to with the fact he hasn't received the check. The USPS has been in decline for YEARS, long before Trump began running his stupid mouth.
Decline for years but was still 99% reliable that a first class letter or package would be across the entire country in less than a week. For one state over usually 1-2 days max.

Financially mismanaged is a whole different thing from delivery inefficiency.

His support of Trump is relevant because he likely wanted an outsider that would shake things up. Well things are shook up & his check got shaken with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.