CFN: Georgia vs Alabama Prediction, Game Preview

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Oh man, if the score is in the 20's I'm not sure we win this game. That's the kind of game Georgia probably wants.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'll admit concerns about this game simply because the rule of thumb is "take the better defense." The bigger question is whether UGA is more in line with the 2011 pre-Auburn Tide offense or the 2005 post-Prothro injury Tide offense.

I'll take any win by any amount. The one positive with our developments on offense post-McCarron is that we're not out of a game if we get down by 14 in the fourth quarter - especially against UGA, :)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll admit concerns about this game simply because the rule of thumb is "take the better defense." The bigger question is whether UGA is more in line with the 2011 pre-Auburn Tide offense or the 2005 post-Prothro injury Tide offense.

I'll take any win by any amount. The one positive with our developments on offense post-McCarron is that we're not out of a game if we get down by 14 in the fourth quarter - especially against UGA, :)
Was going to basically post the same defensive comment. Most years, in the past, we were the team with the defensive stats and we believed defense always wins the day over flashy offenses

I understand while Georgia fans are confident.

I just believe who a team plays matters in developing those stats. For instance, the Houston stat (who's played one game). But I believe our defense has been tested more than Georgia's and in today's game, I'll take the offense that can outscore the other team.

Reactions: Con

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IF CFN's score prediction is close to accurate here's my advice, based on past close games, if you tear at your finger nails when you get nervous. You probably need to cut those back near the quick before this game.

Reactions: T Bone

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
This will be a game where I will need Tums or Pepto. lol... til the clock hits zero. Saban has not lost to UGA since 2007 and really Bama was lucky to win the last 2 games with them. I am just glad we don't have to play them each year during regular season.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Ole Miss' offensive line manhandled our DL for most of the game. I'm assuming Georgia's OL is better than Ole Miss'. That's what concerns me. I believe our offense will have to win this game as it did last weekend.
True, and therein may be the rub. We have a terrific offense. OM had essentially nada defense. Have to assume that UGA will slow our O down, maybe not stop it. Our D has a lot to prove. I`m a proponent of the " go with the stronger D " theory.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
True, and therein may be the rub. We have a terrific offense. OM had essentially nada defense. Have to assume that UGA will slow our O down, maybe not stop it. Our D has a lot to prove. I`m a proponent of the " go with the stronger D " theory.
I tend to agree, and when they also have a better kicking game it really has me concerned. I'm still leaning toward a Bama victory, but I'm not extremely confident.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
the good thing is that is only two games, one a 2 point loss (2002 franphony) in the final minute and one a 3 point loss in overtime (2007 saban). iirc, we played well over our heads in both losses
True it's just 2 games. And I guess 2003 was the last time they beat us in the state of Georgia, and we've played several more games there.

I'm bothered by it because we so rarely play during the regular season. We get so few opportunities to slap them around; we need to take advantage of every one.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
True it's just 2 games. And I guess 2003 was the last time they beat us in the state of Georgia, and we've played several more games there.

I'm bothered by it because we so rarely play during the regular season. We get so few opportunities to slap them around; we need to take advantage of every one.
we have 5 awesome wins over the past 12 years. and in that we got two humiliating beat downs of over-confident teams, and three absolutely heartbreaking losses where they had us on the ropes and thought they were going to finally be a contender. everyone of these took place in georgia.

regardless of future outcomes, that is a dominant stretch of pwnage they will never be able to forget. :D

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I'd feel better if our defense had shown any physicality whatsoever. Against Ole Miss, they played as if they didn't even enjoy the contact. And I'm afraid Georgia's QB is more of a gamer than we're willing to acknowledge, and that he will make enough plays with his arm and feet to keep us on our heels. I can see the headlines now, and cringe:

"Former walk-on blah blah blah":eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: FaninLA

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
This reminds me a lot of the 2015 Georgia game after the Ole Miss loss. Granted, that was at Georgia, but still reminds me.

Terrible Ole Miss game, Alabama looks vulnerable and a shadow of its former self.....Georgia looks good. That Alabama team turned it around and focused on not making so many mistakes like they did vs Ole Miss. Question is, what does 2020 Alabama do after one of the worst defensive showings in school history.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We played horrible on defense against an offensive guru in Kiffin that played incredibly fast in a unique offense with a very, very good QB in wet conditions. None of these qualities and hopefully conditions apply to UGA's offense. While I understand some of our concerns and pessimism we will match up better against them. I think the defensive guys are having a very physical in your face coaching week of practice and I expect improvement.

Everybody is picking UGA and I love it. Let's get rid of the tuck your tail thinking and get ready to kick some dawg butt (excuse the pun).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.